15

Living With Mr. Smart Guy (EDITING)

"Snow White's Play"


After weeks of practicing with the whole crew, tomorrow is finally the day I would perform it on stage.

The costumes were fitted earlier, it looked pretty and the stage was perfect.

Everything was ready the only thing not ready was me.

I am so nervous right now that I can't even sleep.

Dad promised to be there tomorrow even hoya's parents and brother would be also there. I have to do my best!

"Basically the place would be packed right? Or not?"

"What if I tripped a stair or two? What if I smacked Yoseob during our kiss scene?"

I decided to practice the lines once again before heading to bed.

After practicing, I still can't seem to fall asleep. So I head out of my room and went downstairs to grab some milk and food to eat.

It turns out that it was not only me awake at that time, Hoya was at the living room couch watching TV.

"Can't sleep?" Hoya asked when he spotted me on my way to the kitchen.

"Uh, yeah. Something like that." I said and asked him. "What about you?"

"I just don't feel like sleeping yet." He smiled.

"Want to watch with me?" Hoya offered.

Since I can't really sleep.. Why not?

"Wait, let me grab my food first." I said then head to the kitchen.

"No wonder why you're fat." Hoya teased while I entered the kitchen looking for food..

"Yah! I heard you!" I shouted back.

I got a carton of milk and a bag of potato chips and sat beside Hoya.

"So what's good?" I asked.

"A werewolf boy is showing." Hoya coolly switched the channel there.

We watched the movie in silence sharing the bag of chips that Hoya hesitated to eat at first calling it unhealthy and fattening.

Before I could even finish the movie, I already fell asleep, not minding that Hoya was still there.

I was too sleepy to even think about climbing the stairs.

Somewhere in my sleep though I heard Hoya say "~~ ah, are you still awake?" Then he paused for a while." You did your best this time. Good luck on your play tomorrow."

That was the last thing that I heard then I completely drifted to neverland.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in bed the next day in the sound of my phone ringing.

"Yeoboseo?" I asked.

"Hello ~~? This is Yeoseob." He said with a bit worry in his voice.

"Whatever reason he is calling I'm not liking it."

" Waeyo? Is there a problem?" I asked.

" I'm not feeling good today ~~ ah. I don't think I can make it." He said.

" No you can't! You should go. No one knows the script no one can replace you." I said.

" I don't know...." Yoseob was unsure.

" Yah, just for a while okay? Try to come and after our play you can go. Just please don't let our classmates effort go to waste." I begged.

" Araso, araso. I'll go." He said then hanged up.

After taking a bath and eating my breakfast, Hoya and I took off for school.

"Good luck on your play Romeo. I hope you won't embarrass yourself." I teased.

"Same for you Snow White." He said and I got off his car.

Upon reaching the school grounds, I saw Yoseob parking his bicycle looking a bit unwell.

To be honest I feel guilty about forcing him to go to school, but then how can I just let everyone's effort go to waste by allowing him to just not show up?

Our English grades depend on this play, plus dad and Hoya's family will be watching.

"Are you okay now?" Worrying about his condition, I asked him.

" Yeah, I'm fine. I'm feeling much better now." He said but his face looked the exact opposite.

"Sure?" I asked him again.

"Yes, I am. Besides, who wouldn't pass up on the chance to have a kissing scene with you?" He said and I blushed.

" Don't even remind me." I said and punched his arm lightly.

We head backstage where our costumes were neatly stacked and got dressed quickly.

Before I could even take a look at my costume I was dragged into a chair and my classmates who are skilled in doing make-up went ahead and did their thing.

After about 10 minutes of torture, it was finally finished. My hair was neatly clipped and curled, the make up is also finished. I faced the mirror and shocked at what I see.

I use makeup often, I even buy the expensive ones but I never looked like this. For the first time, I looked like a real princess.

I then saw Woohyun at the mirror standing beside me.

“Shock to see me eh Princess?” he asked while I blush.

“Not really.” I replied. “And what are you supposed to be?” I asked him.

“I’m Romeo’s best friend Balthasar.” He proudly said.

“Not much of a character eh?” I teased.

“Yeah, I know.” He smirked. “I’d rather be Snow White’s prince charming than be that.” He winked then left.

“Pfft. I must say he’s really good at flirting.” I said.

“Okay Romeo and Juliet cast! Places! Places! ” Mrs. Jung shouted.

I found an empty spot backstage and took a seat to watch their play.

Their play started with a masquerade ball, Romeo and Juliet standing in different corners wearing masks.

Woohyun, Romeo’s friend who’s also standing there beside Hoya, looked prince-like as well.

“Hoya looks hot even with his mask on.”

Why am I even thinking about him?

Then my phone suddenly rang.

“. Why now?”

The other actors of the Romeo and Juliet play including Hoya looked my way and saw me.

I quickly answered my phone with a whisper.

“Yeobseo?” I whispered.

It was my friend Yumi.

 “~~! Mrs. Jung is looking for you!”

“Araso, araso. I’ll be there.” I told her and head there.

 

 

It turned out that Mrs. Jung just wanted to check on the attendance of the whole cast. It wasn’t only me missing but Prince Charming as well.

“~~ ah, can you call on Yoseob and ask him to come now?” Mrs. Jung asked with a worried expression.

I tried calling him but he didn’t answer it, I tired again and this time he picked it up.

“Yeoboseo?” his voice was groggy.

“Yoseob ah, where are you? Mrs. Jung wants you to get over here.” I said.

“Araso, araso. I’ll be there.” He said but something is voice is not well.

“ Are you alright?” I asked.

“Yeah, I’m alright. I just woke up from my nap, that’s why.” He said.

 

 

 

Like the usual Romeo and Juliet play, it ended with a tragedy. Juliet killed herself thinking that Romeo is dead, and when Romeo woke up he found out Juliet died he also killed himself.

Poor Hwayoung never got her happy ending play.

Then it was our turn to act. Yoseob appreared just right on time before we start.

I was nervous that Yoseob noticed my hands were shaking. He quickly grabbed it and held it tightly.

"~~ I know you practiced hard. You can do it." Yoseob said.

Our play started with some musical with the seven dwarfs, giving the play a bit of a twist. Then it proceeded with the evil queen talking to the magic mirror asking who's the fairest of them all. The mirror answered Snow White. The queen asked someone to kill snow white but that person let her get away into the forest.

(The queen was acted by your friend Sooyoung.)

Then she met the seven dwarfs and became really close to them.

(This part was played by some of your classmates)

After an hour of acting on stage.. It was time for the finale.

I ate the poisoned apple and fell asleep, the only thing that can make me awake is upon true loves kiss. Which Yeoseob was supposed to do, but then we waited and I stayed there pretending asleep waiting for him.

"He will come for sure. Just be patient ~~" I told myself.

"Snow white I have come for you." I heard someone said.

Then a gasp from the audience could be heard.

"Wait.That's not Yeoseob. Should I open my eyes now?"

Then a pair of soft lips crashed into mine. I opened my eyes surprised to find out it was.................

Then the curtains closed.

Feeling flustered I pushed him away from me.

"Yah! How dare you?!? You stole my first kiss!" I shouted and walked away stomping.

 


 

Author'sNote:

Hello guys! Sorry for not updating for so long.. :(

well, im back and here's another chapter for you guys!

i made it extra long. i hope you like it. ^^

pls leave coments and anticipate the next chapter <3

i love you my dear readers! if you want to reach me you can mention me on twitter @ivydianne