01

Living With Mr. Smart Guy (EDITING)

"Meet My Son"


By the time you reached home, you found your dad at the living room holding up the newspaper in front him.

"Appa! I'm home!" you shouted at the doorstep and came over to give him a kiss on the cheek, but something doesn't feel right because he doesn't usually read the paper at this time of the day and so you skeptically sat down beside him.

"Appa, is there something you wanted to talk to me about?" you asked him. He slowly folded his newspaper then placed it on the table af if trying to think carefully how to convey to you what he was about to say. Making you even more nervous, since he was rarely the serious type. But the mood quickly changed when he started to talk.

"Aigoo, this girl jinja! You even dare to ask?-" he sighed then continued. "The principal called today due to the contiuous F's in your physics and geometry class that I didn't know about! While I was in Europe I thought you said you were studying well?" My dad asked me with a worried expression.

"Appa, Mianhe! I have no idea my grades would be that low either. She probably hated me that's why she failed me." you excused.

"Why would she hate my ~~? Honey were you rude to her?"  he asked.

"She was demanding me to remove the neckalce you gave me in class, because she said it was very distracting and she doesn't want to see it, but I didn't want to remove it because it was your gift to me, so I answered back to her that I won't remove it. She probably failed me intentionally because of that!" You made up an excuse.

"Is that really it?" your dad asked. You nodded our head.

"Aigoo, my poor princess, your teachers seemed to have a point, It's all appa's fault. I think I spoiled you too much. I wonder what your Mom thinks about this." he sighed.

Then his phone rang.

"Oh! Ho Jong ah! Long time no talk! I thought you're in Japan? So you're back? What you're leaving again tomorrow? Why didn't you call me a bit earlier? Gwenchana, I'll see you there then, its been a really long time buddy!" your Dad looked really happy while talking to his friend on the phone.

You secretly wondered who that friend was, you have never seen your dad smile and talk the way he just did.

"So ~~ what did you buy while you were shopping earlier?" your Dad asked.

Unsure how to answer his sudden question, you awkwardly replied. "Uh.. I bought the usual, a dress that I found pretty while I was on my way home and a pair of new high heels."

"That's great then! You're going to need it tonight." he said then left the room.

"That's weird." you muttered then went up to your room.

You arrived at the hotel with your dad and entered a private room. As you entered the room , you saw non-familliar faces waiting for the arrival of the both of you. Except for Hoya (the smartest kid in school) who was sitting there with his headphones on. He was sitting there with a family at the table where you were suppose to sit.

I hope he doesn't recognize me.

Your dad seemed to know them very dearly, because your dad walked and greeted the wife and while he hugged the dad the same happy expression came back to him. You just stood there waiting for your dad to give you instructions.

"~~, this is Mr. Lee Ho Jong the person I was talking to on the phone earlier." your Dad introduced. "He is the CEO of the Lee Group." your Dad added.

"This is my daugter Yoon ~~." your Dad motioned to you.

"Anneyong Haseyo Mr. Lee Ho Jong sshi~" you bowed and greeted him.

"Aigoo, Gyu Jun ah! You don't have to be so formal, you know that we are one family. Right honey?" Mr. Lee said.

"He's right. So quit standing there and come sit with us." Mrs. Lee stated.

Mrs. Lee looked like she was only in her mid twenties with her pretty locks and brown hair. She is tall and pretty with her big round eyes..

"Omo! Ho Jong's daughter is so pretty! Just like her mother!" Mrs. Lee shouted. "Kansamida." you said shyly.

"Hoya my dear don't you thinks she's pretty?" Mrs. Lee asked his older son who was busy typing in his Iphone.

Mrs. Lee nudged him.

Hoya looked at you with his intense eyes but didn't say anything. "I don't think she's the pretty type. She's skinny." the younger brother responded.

"Lee Ho Seon! What did you just say?! How can you be so impolite!"  Mrs. Lee shouted with dissapointment to her son.

"Gwenchana Mrs. Lee." you said but deep inside you wanted to kill that kid.

"~~ ah, we are all family here, you don't have to be so formal." she smiled.

"Oh, by the way meet my Sons, this is Lee Ho Won but he prefers to call him Hoya, and this our maknae Lee Ho Seon." Mrs. Lee introduced.

After a couple of minutes of awkward silence, the food finally arrived. While we were eating, Dad and Mr. Lee were remembering their old days.

"Did you know that I owe Gyu Jun a lot ever since high school?" Mr. Lee said.

"Yes, yes. Ho Jong has told me a lot about you. I am thankful that my husband has a best friend like you." Mrs. Lee said.

"Ho Jong ah, you don't have to say it. Its no big of a deal." your dad implied.

"I was always bullied during my grade school days, and there was this one time that they locked me in the school's gym locker. I waited for hours but no one came I thoguht i was going to die. Luckily, Gyu Jun here came to my rescue. After that we became best friends." Mr. Lee told us.

" ~~ ah, I wanna know more about you-" Mrs. Lee suddenly said.

"Its been long since I last saw you. You were still in preschool then. Your mother and I used to bring you and Hoya to school, togeher. I still remember that pink dress your mother and I bought together for your first day." She smiled upon remembering those days.

"So where do you study now?" she asked curiously.

"Im currently a Junior at Seoul Academy." you finally answered totally forgetting that her son goes to the same school.

"OMO! Jinja?? Our Hoya also goes to that school and he is also at the same level as you are!" Mrs. Lee exclaimed.

"So, i'm guessing you two already know each other?" Mrs. Lee asked.

"NO." you both said in unison. "No, I mean I know him since he one of the smartest kids in our school, he attends special classes so he probably doesn't know me." You explained.

"Yeah you're right he is. Its sad to have two smart boys. They're useless! That is why I really wish to have a daughter to bond with. These boys spend all the time in their rooms studying. I sometimes wonder how they survive the boringness of it." Mrs. Lee sighed.

"Yeah, I get what you're trying to say. I prefer shopping than being in my bedroom all day." you said.

"Really?" Mrs. Lee's eyes sparkled.

"That's because you're probably stupid." Ho Seon said.

"Lee Ho Seon! How can you be so impolite. If you say one more word you will have to answer me later. " Mrs. Lee warned.

She grabbed a big chunk of chicken and stuffed it into Ho Seon's mouth.

"I'm really sorry about that. Our Hoseon always says silly stuff he doesn't really mean. He's always like that when people are being connected to his brother. He has been attached to him for a long time and he still hasn't accepted the fact that his brother is no longer living at our house." Mrs. Lee explained.

"Did you just say that Hoya is famous for being studious at school?" your dad asked.

"Neh, which think is really troublesome." Mrs. Lee sighed again.

"Lucky you, My ~~ here is having problems with studying and maintaining her grades." your dad said.

You looked down nibbling with the hem of your dress. "Dad, oh my god. Please stop talking about my grades." you murmured. You can't take anymore of this topic, its making you feel small especially in front of Hoya.

"Maybe our Hoya can help her with that." Mr. Lee suggested.

"OMO! Yeobo! That's a brilliant idea! She can live with Hoya so that he can teach her and get her grades up." Mrs. Lee immediately agreed with the idea excitedly.

"I don't think its necessary. I think I can handle my grades just fine by myself. Right appa?" you said jumping out of your seat.

"Gyu Jun ah, don't worry about your daughter, I'm sure she'll be in good hands. This will help her a lot and if you're worrying about the house, the house has more than enough rooms for two people. Just think of this as helping my bestfriend." Mr. Lee said.

You look down and closed your eyes wishing: Appa, please say no!!!! please! please! please! How can you just let your daughter go? You wouldn't let it happen right? its impossible.

"Ok then." your dad said.

"Appa! How could you?" you shouted. You stood up from your seat in dissapointment and left the room.

"She can move to the house by tomorrow. I'll have the maids prepare her room." Mr. Lee said.

"Hyung! Hyung!! Something bad just happened." Ho Seon shook Hoya who was busy listening to music with his headphones on.

"Waeyo Joseon ah? What is it?" Hoya asked.

"Hyung, ~~ is going to live with you starting tomorrow." Ho Seon explained.

Hoya dropped his Iphone on the floor in suprise, while Mrs. Lee's eyes glistened as she knew things would finally get interesting in their home.

 


HELLO SUBBIES!!

what do you think about the first chapter?? thank you a lot to those who commented. SARANGHE <3

please comment more okay?? i wanna know what u guys think ^^

does this story feel familliar to anyone of you.. keke. yes it is what you think it is !! but its has many many many twsits in it :D