021

Living With Mr. Smart Guy (EDITING)

It was the day when the results were released that you saw Hoya again. Infinite stood at the middle of the board looking for their names in the top 50 class standing list. Meanwhile you stood at the latter end of it with your friends doing the same. Yumi and Sooyoung already found their ranks meanwhile you still couldn’t.

“Where the heck is your name ~~ ah? Why can’t we find you on this dumb list?” Yumi said.

“Try looking for her name in the front then. Her grades might be higher than her usual results.” Sooyoung suggested.

You were nervous that your teacher might have given you a failing mark. If that happens, you wouldn’t be able to face your father again, and the purpose of living with Hoya might end up being a joke.

Something about that message made your heartstrings thug, but then manage to push it away before heading back to class and moving on to your thoughts of returning to your original home.

You closed your eyes shut and held both of your hands together as if you were praying.

“Holy mother of all craps ~~!” Yumi shouted.

“Why? What is it? You found my name already?” you asked.

“Yes we did, and we didn’t know you’d be able to be this awesome.” Sooyoung added.

“Funny. What is it? Spit it out right now.” You demaned.

“You placed fifty on the top fifty list!” They screamed in unison. You felt so happy that you hugged them tightly immediately and jumped together with them for joy. Thankfully all your hardwork has paid off and you were able to prove the people who could not believe you that you weren't dumb and you are capable of doing it. Other students in the hallway kept giving you strange looks but you didn't care and was just focused in your own little bubble. The three of you only stopped when Hoya approached.

"What do you want from ~~?" Your friends asked him. "I'd like to speak to her for a moment please." Hoya spoke sounding serious. Your friends took the cue and left the two of you alone.

Hoya held his gaze onto yours for a second and then suddenly avoided it before he spoke. "Mom asked me to tell you to come home early tonight. She's throwing a celebratory party of some sort." After saying what he wanted he just turned his back on you to walk away.

You felf disbelief that he asked your friends to leave making it seem that he's going to say something significant but was just going to tell you something his mother asked him to do. You held you fist tightly and frustratedly asked him "That's it? Is that the only thing that you are going to say?"

he turned his head again towards you and smiled a forced smile "congratulations. I know you'd make it." He replied and continued walking to his group of friends.

"I guess this is just how it all ends then, us moving on with our own lives, just like how it used to be." You thought.

In just two days time you will be moving back to your own home, going back to live again with your dad, the place where it felt most comfortable. 

------------

You arrived at the house expecting Hoya's mom to be there but instead you were welcomed by a empty and dark home. You set your bag aside in the living room to open the lights when suddenly something popped which made you shriek. Suddenly without realizing the lights were already open you saw Hoya's mother and brother holding party poppers in their hands. Your dad was holding a cake while ahjusshi was holding confetti cutouts with him. "Congratulations!!" They shouted in unison.