18

Living With Mr. Smart Guy (EDITING)

"Sparks fly"


You woke up finding yourself in Hoya’s bed and wondered how you got up there. Did you perhaps climb up there by yourself? You scanned the room for Hoya but the trace of him couldn’t be even found anywhere. The phone on his bedside table kept on buzzing so you went there to take a look and find out who the caller was and it read Daehee noona. The name didn’t ring a bell to you, that is why you just left it there and got up from the bed.

You ate your breakfast alone, and afterwards stepped out of the house to take a jog. By the time you returned, you checked the calendar and saw the mark on today’s date. You remembered it was Sooyoung’s birthday today and right at that moment as well, you got a text from her.

 

From Sooyoungie <3 :

~~ ah! Party tonight at Pink Lagoon 9pm. U up for it?

 

In which you texted back.

 

To Sooyoung:

Sure, see you later then b-day girl.

 

The party was still held in the evening and with Hoya out of the house, it means there will be no studying today. You decided to just visit your dad at work and at the same time go back to your home to make use of your free time.

 

Hoya on the other hand was sitting in a dusty piano chair, with an old grand piano in front of him, in an almost run down classroom with his car parked right outside.

Hoya was reminiscing the memories of the classroom, he wanted to visit it one last time before he fully forgets about her, he first met that person in this room, they learned and played piano here together with their piano teacher named Mr. Oh.

“ I knew it! You’re here.” Kim Daehee who appeared like a ghost from nowhere said.

“What brings you here Noona?” Hoya asked in an evasive tone.

“You were not answering your calls, I thought of places where you might have been, and look, I was right, you’re here.” Daehee stated and grinned, proud that she was able to find him.

“I left my phone at home.” Hoya stated flatly.

“No wonder no one was answering!” she snapped her fingers

“Howon ah, come on let’s get out of here.” Daehee suggested while Hoya just sat there without uttering any word. Daehee sighed in defeat and sat beside Hoya.

 “It has really been a while.” Daehee said.

Hoya and Daehee spent their afternoon together, trying to act like normal friends in the past and yet trying to stay quiet about what happened between in the past as well.

 

It was exactly 9pm when you arrived at the club but it was already packed with people, you looked around and found Sooyoung and Yuri waving at you.

“You rented the whole place out?” you ask Sooyoung in surprise. “Of course! I am already 18 and I only turn once, so why not take the chance right?” Sooyoung said proudly.

“Sooyoung is cool right? She even managed to make Infinite come over.” Yuri said.

“Really?” You were curious. “Look over to your left, there they are. You see Woohyun right?” Yuri asked.

You found Woohyun satnding and laughing while at the same time you saw Hoya sitting beside an unfamiliar girl who you assumed was Daehee noona, because the only one who dared to sit beside Hoya was Hyomin and looking at the girl now, she looks a bit older than Hoya.

You ignored Infinite who was having their own fun from afar, while you just watched Sooyoung and Yuri have fun. You didn’t want to drink and have a really bad hangover for tomorrow, especially not because tomorrow is a school day.

The party was getting more heated, and somewhere along the way your friends got you to drink one glass. The three of you were dancing together on the dance floor when you excused yourself to got to the female restroom. On your way there though you had met someone whom you weren't exactly expecting, it was Hoya and a drunk female. The girl's arms were around Hoya's neck, she was hitting Hoya's chest. You stopped in a corner before reaching the restroom to listen.
"Sorry Howon ah, I know I am already too late, but please get back to me." The girl said.
"Noona, don't do this. You're drunk." Hoya reminded her.
" I am certainly not and I'll prove it to you!" She said and then suddenly land her drunk face and lips on Hoya.
You couldn't believe what you have just seen, you felt crushed, hurt, disappointed, disgusted towards him. Though you and Hoya were not in any sort of relationship, you believed that he was not that type of guy, but after what you have just seen, everything that you know and he let you believe he was felt like a lie.
You left the restroom, no longer feeling the need to go. 
You no longer felt like enjoying the party, you wanted to forget what you have just seen and so you head to the bar and ask for a strong drink, to get yourself drunk.

It did not take long after you get to finish one whole bottle of vodka, just like what you have hoped to happen, you no longer feel the pain throbbing in your chest, you now felt loose and lost into the sound coming from the club.
You saw Woohyun approach you, he winked at you just like he always did but this time his face was looked full of concern. You thought he was about to flirt with you because you were ready to flirt back but then, he grabbed the vodka class from your hand to stop you from drinking more.
"Yah what are you doing!?" You shouted at him.
"You're already drunk, you don't want to pass out in here believe me." Woohyun said and grabbed your wrist and dragged you up from where you were sitting, because you were drunk you didn't care if anyone sees you or not. You were now shouting like a crazy person for Woohyun to let go of you.
Most of the attention were towards you now because of the commotion you were causing, your friends who were dancing earlier noticed you and quickly rushed to help Woohyun calm you down since you were sobbing. They asked Woohyun what had happened to you but not even him knows the reason why.
Hoya who had just came from the restroom with the Noona also stopped when they saw you.
Sooyoung declared the party over and the crowd started to disperse.
Woohyun was still beside you patting you at the back, your friends asked you why you were crying and you were telling them your chest hurts so much and that you didn't know why when you clearly know the reason.
Hoya volunteered to take you home leaving Dahee with the Infinite boys while Yuri called her driver to take Sooyoung and her home.

You walked with Hoya to where he parked his car, while he supported your body from falling.
Suddenly images of what had happened earlier flashed into your mind, and you quickly pushed him away from you.
"Get off me!" You shouted.
"Don't do this right now ~~ ah." He warned you.
"Ha ha ha. Why? Because only that Daehee can touch you right? Well I am sorry mr. Smarty pants for giving you trouble!" You ranted.
" Be careful of what you're saying." Hoya said being conscious of people passing by.
Tears were already welling up your eyes and you couldn't help but express your real feelings to him.
"You know what? I don't care! I am not going to lie anymore. I saw you earlier messing with her and you know what? It hurts! 
It hurts because I like you and I thought that maybe after all this time that you might have liked me back as well but I guess I was wrong. I am just so stupid-"
You didn't get to continue because before you could even utter another word Hoya already had you in his arms.
"You don't have to worry because I feel the same." Hoya spoke, leaving you in a daze.
He tilted your chin up and he scooted down to match his gaze onto yours. His marble eyes that was looking at you spoke a thousand unsaid words, and then it held its gaze upon your lips and slowly his face inched closer to yours until his warm soft lips landed to yours, he was gentle, afraid as if you might break. That was when you kissed him back, letting him know that it was okay and that you liked him as well. His hand supported your back and the other brushed the back of your neck.

People passing by might have starred at the two of you, but who cares? It was the perfect moment in which two silent hearts, unsaid feelings were finally together as one.

 


Author's Note:

OMG! Even I myself am squealing in this chapter >///<

To you my readers, i apologize for leaving this story for three months. T_T

Thank you for the reader who left a mention on my twitter. haha.

(you reminded me about this story of mine, which I had no plans of updating yet really, but then an idea popped into my mind and inspored me to update! :3 )

I will update but not next week.. becuase final exams are due next week :(

I decided not to do a double update but instead just made one long chapter.. ^^

I hope you love it! I hope your hearts melt because of too much cheesiness :D