19

Living With Mr. Smart Guy (EDITING)

"A Lie For Two"


Images of Hoya kissing you last night were flashing through your mind before you woke up. You were unsure if everything really did happen or was it all just a dream?

You went to your washroom to wash your face and brush your teeth when you suddenly noticed your lips, you brushed your hand through it lightly and there was this feeling that you had been kissed but you weren’t sure.

The last thing you remembered was being with your friends and wanting to go home, and that was it.

You went downstairs and found Hoya already eating his breakfast alone like always. You quickly sat and joined him in eating breakfast. You took a huge bite of your toast bread and went on to drinking your orange juice, when you noticed Hoya staring at you.

“What?” you asked him.

“You have bread crumbs on your face pabo.” He said.

You quickly tried to remove it from your face when Hoya’s hand stopped yours, and he went on to wipe it away for you, it made you sat there frozen on your seat. You weren’t expecting a sudden move like this from Hoya, your heart just did some summersault.

Hoya already stood up from his seat and grabbed his backpack, it was time to get to school, which means you had to gulp down the food fast or he’ll leave you behind.

These were the times that you wished your dad had just allowed you to use your car to drive to school, but then again, getting to ride together to school with Hoya is not such a bad idea.

 

By the time you and Hoya got to school people were crowding in the hallways, some were snickering and some were whispering as you pass by. Hoya went ahead and joined in the Infinite boys, while Yumi and Sooyoung were standing in the corner and immediately approached you when they saw you.

“I didn’t know you and Hoya were making such a good progress!” Sooyoung teased.

“What do you mean making progress? He hates me and my stupidity remember?” I reminded her.

“Gosh ~~ save that drama somewhere else, you’ve got to take a look at the photos.” Yumi said and dragged you towards the school bulletin board wherein photos of you and Hoya kissing in the street were posted.

You couldn’t believe what you were seeing right now, you thought everything that happened was just a dream, but it ended up being real.

“Oh god no. This is too embarrassing.” You whispered as you tried to remove the photos from the board and hide it.

“It’s no use ~~ ah! Everyone had already seen it by now. I wonder, who could have possibly taken that photo and have the guts to post it here at school?” Yumi said.

“Mother.” You heard Hoya from behind you said.

“You mean she did this?” you asked him.

“Who else could it be?” Hoya said.

“Yah! Guys look the couple is here!” someone from the hallway shouted.

“I heard she is stupid. How did she manage to get Hoya like her in that state?” You heard someone say.

The comments you were hearing right now hurt you. It is true that you don’t deserve Hoya since he was a perfect guy while you were not. You were not talented, smart, or gorgeous, you can’t do anything well except shop.

While people were criticizing you, Hoya just quietly stood there, he did nothing and just walked away, leaving you. You removed all the photos from the board and threw it all in the trash.

You thought being with Hoya was supposed to be a good thing, it should be easy, heart fluttering, and happy.

Woohyun followed you from behind and tried to catch up with you.

“Hey ~~ listen up! Do not believe in whatever they say alright? You are talented in your own way. Don’t let them get to you.” Woohyun advised.

“How can you say that?” you asked him.

“Because it is true.” Woohyun beamed.

“So stop frowning would you? I’ll see you around.” He said and winked at you for the last time before he head on to his classroom the Special Section class.

“Yah Hoya is it true that you and no brain are dating?” one of his classmates deliberately asked when he saw you passed by.

“No, of course not. That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.” Hoya replied.

What he said felt like a slap in the face. He said he felt the same for you, you thought that he liked you. Then what was this thing you are hearing right now?

It made you wish that you didn’t tell Hoya about how you really feel.

 

The kiss that happened recently was like it was long forgotten, it was like it never even happened. The both if you never talked about it again, there were no explanations whatsoever and the barrier between Hoya and you seemed to have become much more distant that it had ever been. He avoided talking to you as much as you avoided talking to him.

 

You are now just waiting for senior year to be over and graduation to arrive sooner, so that you’ll completely be Hoya free and be able move back to your comfortable home.