The News

Destiny

 

When they got there all of Xiumin’s stuff was out in front of his old apartment.
 
“Did they take anything?” asks Luhan as they get closer to the pile of stuff.
 
Xiumin doesn’t seem to hear him as he runs to the pile and starts throwing stuff around. He seems to be looking for something.
 
“Where is it? Where the hell is it?!”
 
“Xiumin, what are you looking for?”
 
Xiumin still doesn’t seem to hear as he throws more of his stuff to one side.
 
“This can’t be happening! Where is it?!” Xiumin yells.
 
“Hey look at what I found!” Xiumin and Luhan turn their attention to some kids next to them.
 
They were holding a small black box that seemed to contain something shiny in it.
 
“That’s it!” Xiumin exclaims as he makes his way to the kids. “Hey! Give me that!”
 
“And why would we do that?” asks one of the kids as he hides the box behind him.
 
“Come on kid! I’m not playing give me the box back!”
 
“I don’t think so.”
 
“Listen you annoying litt-!” Xiumin gets cut off by Luhan’s hand on his lips.
 
“Hey, if you give me the box I’ll give you 100 bucks each.” Luhan says as he holds two one-hundred dollar bills.
 
The kids widen their eyes as they throw the box to Xiumin and take the money from Luhan.
 
Xiumin opens the box revealing two silver rings. They looked a little bent but they still held their shine.
 
“Thank you, Luhan. I’ll pay you back.” Xiumin as he calms down.
 
“No need.” Luhan smiles. “So why are those rings so special?” 
 
“They were my parents. These are their wedding rings.” Xiumin says as he brushes his thumb over them.
 
“Oh.” Luhan simply answers.
 
Xiumin turns around to see his stuff. There was less then what he remembered. 
 
“They took a lot of my stuff, and I wasn’t even done paying for all of it.”
 
“Don’t worry about it, I’ll handle it!” Luhan says as he puts his arm around Xiumin.
 
“What are you talking about?” Xiumin questions.
 
“Have you forgotten already that I am a millionaire that owns a mansion!?”
 
“So…?”
“So…you can stay with me! I’ll also handle your debts.”
 
“You don’t have to do that Lu. I can handle it.”
 
“Just let me help you! Consider this as payback for saving my life.” Luhan laughs.
 
Xiumin doesn’t want to burden Luhan but he knows that he has nowhere to go and almost no money for a hotel.
 
“Fine.” Xiumin hesitates as he starts gathering his stuff.
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Here you go!” Luhan exclaims as he opens the door to one of the rooms in the very large mansion.
 
“Holy cow…”Xiumin drops his stuff as he enters the very large room.
 
“This room is bigger than my old apartment!”
 
“This is the best guest room I have so I hope you enjoy it! Also, the restroom is to your left and the bed covers are made out of 100% cotton, I hope you don’t mind.”
 
“Mind?! How can I mind cotton bed covers?!” Xiumin exclaims as he throws himself on the bed.
 
“Well get some sleep, okay?” Luhan says as he starts closing the door.
 
“Luhan!” Xiumin shouts as he runs to Luhan.
 
“Umm I don’t know how to-!” Xiumin stops as he is hugged by Luhan. He feels his heart beat mighty fast and his face get melting hot.
 
“Your welcome Xiumin!” Luhan smiles as he hugs Xiumin tighter.
 
“Ah..Luhan. I can’t breathe.” 
 
“But your so squishy Baozi!” Luhan laughs in amusement.
 
 
 
 
 
 
The next morning Xiumin lazily wakes up from his deep slumber. He stretches and then catches a glimpse of the clock on the table next to the bed.
 
“Wow. It’s already 9:45am?” Xiumin whispers to himself as he rubs his eyes. 
 
“Wait….It’s 9:45am?! , , ! I’m going to be late to work!” screams Xiumin as he jumps off the bed. He hurriedly looks for some clothes laying around and dresses himself as he tries to brush his teeth. He then quickly brushes his hair down so that his bangs are slightly touching his eyes. He makes his way downstairs and quickly sprints to the door. He gets in to his car and drives off.
 
 
 
10:11am
 
“I’m so sorry for being late.” apologizes Xiumin as he goes in to the kitchen and quickly puts his apron on.
 
“Don’t worry Xiumin. The first customers just came in.” the other cook states.
 
“Ah! D.O! I thought Lay was going to be here today?”
 
“He called in sick so I came in for him.” D.O smiles.
 
“Order up!” exclaims Tao as he places the paper containing the order in front of Xiumin and D,O,
 
 
 
 
11:27am
 
It was quite a busy day today so the guys were really diligent when it came to ringing up the orders. 
 
Tao suddenly comes up to where the cooks where at and calls out for Xiumin.
 
“Hey. Xiumin. Your little friend is here.” Tao whispers as he points to the direction where Luhan was.
 
“Aish! I forgot to tell him goodbye this morning! Tell him to wait for me and serve him a soda or something.” Xiumin tells him as he finishes the dishes he’s preparing.
 
“This morning?” Tao questions with a puzzled expression on his face.
 
D.O laughs as he moves next to Xiumin.
 
“So now you guys live together, huh? 
 
“It’s not like that. He’s just giving me a place to stay while I get my debts together.”
 
“Sure.” D.O laughs once again.
 
 
 
 
 
11:54am
 
Luhan had been sitting there for almost half an hour already. He was getting quite bored but then he fixed his gaze on Xiumin. Luhan could see how much Xiumin put in his heart and soul to create these dishes.
Luhan’s eyes suddenly meet Xiumin’s, he is then presented with a small smile that shortly turns in to a grin.
Luhan can’t help but smile back.
 
After a short while Luhan starts playing with his straw and ice. He then feels someone touch his shoulder. He looks up to find none other than Xiumin  smiling down at him.
 
“Hey! You’re finally out!” exclaims Luhan.
 
“Well It’s just lunch time.” Xiumin laughs as he sits in front of Luhan.
 
“I’m sorry for leaving with ought notice this morning.” Xiumin apologizes.
“You better be sorry! Do you know how scared I was when I didn’t see you in the house!?”
 
“Sorry, but look I got you some baozi!” 
 
Xiumin lays out the baozi on a plate for Luhan.
 
“Well, I can’t stay mad forever.” Luhan says as he takes a baozi and devours it.
 
“So why are you here?”
 
“To find you of course!”
 
“Your tone of voice makes it hard for me to believe you.”
 
Luhan reaches in to his pocket and pulls out a piece a paper and hands it to Xiumin.
 
Xiumin unfolds the paper and notices that it’s an article.
 
“Today we celebrate the engagement of  Model/Actress, Daniela Lovino (Fake name) with her boyfriend Sehun.” Xiumin reads out loud. He then glances over to Luhan who was almost in the verge of tears.
 
“Is this, your ex?” asks Xiumin.
 
He receives a single nod from Luhan.
 
“He already had someone else. He left me so he can be with someone else.” Luhan murmurs.
 
Xiumin gets up and sits next to Luhan. He wraps his arms around him as Luhan cries on his chest.
 
“It’s okay Luhan. I’m here for you.” Xiumin whispers as Luhan’s sobs become louder.
 
“Why Xiumin?! Tell me why I’m not good enough for anyone?” Luhan shouts as he clutches Xiumin’s shirt.
 
Xiumin let’s go of Luhan but places his hands on both sides of Luhan’s face. He stares in to Luhan’s puffy red eyes as he wipes them clean.
 
“Luhan. I have only known you for a few days but I can still tell that you are a sweet, caring, and lovable person. Any one would be lucky to have you in their life.” Xiumin reassures as he gives Luhan a sweet smile.
 
“Why is it that your smile always makes me feel better?” asks Luhan as he tries to catch his breath.
 
Xiumin smiles again but because of complete embarrassment.
 
Xiumin stands up and walks to the table where Suho and D.O are eating their lunch.
 
“Hey boss can I have the rest of the day off?” He asks.
 
Suho looks up to Xiumin then looks at the table where Luhan is at then back to Xiumin.
 
“Was he crying?” asks Suho as he slightly points to Luhan.
 
“Yeah. He’s going through some hard times that’s why I want to be there for him today.”
 
Suho gives him a nod with a smile and then continues eating.
 
Xiumin smiles back and walks towards Luhan.
 
“Come on let’s go.” Xiumin asks as he extends his hand to Luhan.
 
“Where are we going?”
 
“You’ll see.”
 
 
 
 
 

A/N Here it is!

      Sorry for the long Chapter haha! ^^;

      Thanks for reading!