The Promise

Destiny

 

Luhan lazily sits up on the bed as he hears the alarm clock go off.
 
“Xiumin probably forgot to turn it off.” Luhan whispers to himself as he hit’s the snooze button.
 
Luhan twists his torso to the right until he hears a pop then he does the same to the left. He looks around for a second, taking in his surroundings until his gaze meets the small sofa where he saw Xiumin sleeping but not peacefully. He actually looked quite uncomfortable.  Luhan decides to go wake him up so he can go sleep on the bed, until he notices Xiumin open his eyes as he lets out a big yawn.
 
“Ahh. You’re finally awake!” Luhan exclaims excitedly as he makes his way to the couch.
 
“Well you’re up early.” Xiumin lets out another big yawn before he sits up and stretches his back.
 
“Did you sleep well?” Luhan asks as he helps Xiumin up.
 
“It could had been better but I’m good.” Xiumin tries to stretch his back for it to pop but it doesn’t seem to happen.
 
“Do you want a massage ?” Luhan offers as he grips the air with his fingers indicating a massage.
 
“No it’s fine.”
 
“Come on, don’t be shy! Just take your shirt off and I’ll give you a quick massage!”
 
“I don’t know how I feel about taking my shirt off in front of strangers.” Xiumin laughs as he covers himself with his arms.
 
“Oh come on! We are both men. It shouldn’t matter. Anyways didn’t we decide to become friends?”
 
“We did?” Xiumin questions.
 
“Ahh Baozi. That really hurt. You don’t want to become friends with me?” Luhan says with a sad expression as he places a hand on his chest.
 
“I didn’t mean it that way!” Xiumin exclaims as he tries to comfort Luhan “ Of course I want to be your friend!”
 
“So then get on the bed, take your shirt off and I’ll massage you.” Luhan exclaims as he points to the bed.
 
“You make it sound so dirty.” Xiumin claims as he sits on the bed and slowly starts taking his shirt off.
 
“ert!” Luhan exclaims.
 
“So are you sure you want to give me a massage.” Xiumin questions before he lays down on his stomach.
 
“ Stop hesitating!” 
 
“Okay.” Xiumin then continues to lay on his stomach as he slowly sinks his head on to the pillow.
 
Xiumin takes a deep breath in before turning to Luhan, who just stood there in awe. He watches Luhan sit on the edge of the bed next to Xiumin.
 
“Are these scars?” Luhan asks as he slowly touches over one. “Are they from the fire?”
 
Xiumin then starts to sit up but before he could, he is pushed down by Luhan.
“Lay still.” Luhan whispers as he starts massaging Xiumin’s back.
 
“You know you don’t have to give me a massage.”
 
Luhan stays quite as he continues to massage Xiumin’s back.
 
“You’re the first person that hasn’t turned away in disgust when you saw my scars” Xiumin smiles.
 
“Why would I do that? Your scars are apart of your history. They show that you survived a misfortunate circumstance.” Luhan returns Xiumin’s smile. “Besides. This happened when you were 12, so the scars don’t look so bad .” Luhan states as he gets off the bed.
 
Shortly after, Xiumin also gets off the bed and makes his way towards the dresser. He opens a drawer and looks for some clothes for himself and some clothes that might fit Luhan. He finds a white V-neck shirt, a pair of black skinny jeans, and a pair of briefs that he has never worn. Xiumin was never a briefs guy.
 
“Here, change in to this You kind of stink.” Xiumin laughs as he chucks the clothes to Luhan.
 
“Hey!” Luhan shouts as he starts smelling himself. “ I guess I could take a shower.”
 
Xiumin laughs as he watches Luhan go in to the bathroom.
 
 
***************
 
“So do you want to go somewhere?” asks Xiumin as he comes to a stop as the red light flashes brightly. They were cruising around aimlessly not knowing what to do or where to go.
 
“I’m kind of hungry. Why don’t you take me to the restaurant that you work at.” suggests Luhan as he looks out the window.
 
“Very well.”
 
The two stayed quiet for a bit not knowing what to say next. They drive pass some empty streets until they cross the bridge  where Luhan was going to commit suicide. They both become a little stiff before Xiumin finally asks, “So why did you jump?”
 
Luhan is caught off guard by the question, but he knew Xiumin would ask sooner or later but he still didn’t quite feel like talking about it. Luhan sits up straight and shifts his attention towards Xiumin.
 
“My fiancée and I broke up…” Luhan says quietly as he stares at the car’s floor.
 
“I’m sorry to hear that Lu.” Xiumin tries to console Luhan as he places his hand over Luhan’s.
 
“What happened that ended it?” asks Xiumin testing his luck to see if Luhan would tell him.
 
“He decided to take a job in Spain.”
 
“You guys could had still stayed together, couldn‘t you?”
 
“That’s what I thought, but then he started making up about not believing in long distance and that he needed to concentrate on the money. I even told him that I would go with him but he kept insisting for me to stay because I wouldn’t like it over there and that I wouldn’t be able be able to see him a lot. Tsk What a bunch of bull!”
 
“And when were you guys going to get married?”
 
“Two months from now. On the 5th of September. I was already ready. I knew that this was the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with but then this happens, and do you know what I don’t get Xiumin? Is that he had everything here. Money, cars, a place he could call home, and someone that loved him to death! But he threw it all away! Just like that. I even ask myself if he truly ever loved me. I’m just so lost you know?” and with that, Luhan ends his rant as he massages his temple.
 
“All I can tell you Lu, is that this is something you can get over with. You should never try to take your life for things like this. Time heals, even if it takes long, and maybe with that time may come a chance that he comes to his senses and realizes what he lost. You just have to be patient Luhan. You might even meet someone else but who knows! We can never know the future. I just want you to promise me that you won’t ever try to take your life again.” 
 
Xiumin looks over to Luhan who was now looking out the front window.
 
“Promise me Luhan.”
 
Luhan slowly turns his head to Xiumin and gives him a small smile.
 
“I promise.”
 
 
 
 
 

A/N I'm sorry for the long wait!

      So heres chapter 4, and don't worry, the scars aren't as nasty as you may think. They are kind of like this but just a tad bit less.

      Next chapter should be the exciting one, so stay tuned!