Emotion

Destiny

 

“Luhan! Luhan, where are you?!” Xiumin yells out breathlessly. He has been running around the small city for almost 30 minutes now.
 
“Where is this kid?” Xiumin mutters.
 
Xiumin decides to sit down on a bench for a quick rest. He takes off his suit jacket and flings it over his shoulder. He looks around to see the different shops paralleling each other.
 
“Where are you Luhan?” He mutters again. 
 
After a few seconds Xiumin decides to continue his search. He looks in to multiple shops but Luhan doesn’t seem to be in any of them. Xiumin checks the time on his wrist watch. “The wedding has already started but I still can’t find him.” 
 
Xiumin decides to search closer to the church where Sehun was getting married. 
 
“Why do I feel like he is lurking around here?” Xiumin whispers to himself as he gets closer to the church.
 
After 25 more minutes of endless walking Xiumin finally reaches the side of the church. 
 
“Thank god.” Xiumin sighs as he makes his way to the front.
 
“He should be by-!” Xiumin yields as he sees Luhan running up to the church. After his senses come back to him he runs toward the front of the church but what he sees leaves him in shock.
 
Luhan had opened the church’s door and was now face to face with Sehun and his new wife.
 
Luhan’s mouth was agape as he walks back slowly. 
 
“Luhan?” Sehun asks as all the guests appear behind him.
 
They all stand still for a few seconds, silence Filling the air.
 
Xiumin runs up to Luhan and pulls him away by his wrists. He feels the eyes piercing the back of their heads but he keeps running. 
 
They run for what seems like hours until Xiumin finally stops by a café. He sits on one of the chairs by the tables outside as he stretches out his legs. Luhan in the other hand just stands next to Xiumin and blankly stares at the floor.
 
“Luhan.” Xiumin whispers as he looks up at the other man’s face. 
 
Luhan stays motionless.
 
Xiumin sighs as he gets up again and drags Luhan to a small alley way.
 
“Luhan? Are you okay?” Xiumin asks as he places a hand on Luhan’s shoulder.
 
Luhan doesn’t answer. 
 
“Were you planning on stopping the wedding?” Xiumin finally asks. 
 
Luhan looks up at Xiumin but then looks back down.
 
Xiumin nods. He knew the answer with ought even having to ask. He grabs the other man’s hands and lightly grips them.
 
“Luhan. I don’t know if I can heal the wound that he left you. I will try though. I don’t know how many times I have told you this before but you are a sweet and caring guy that deserves better. And like I have said before, I will help you fix your life. I won’t leave you alone until I see you fully happy again. I am your friend aren‘t I?” Xiumin smiles.
 
Luhan looks back up and hugs Xiumin as tears start falling down his face. Xiumin hugs him tightly back.
 
“Please help me Xiumin. Help me forget him. Help me start a new life.” Luhan whispers.
 
“I’ll be there every step of the way.” Xiumin whispers back as he holds Luhan firmly.
 
 
 
 
__________________
 
 
 
 
It has been months now ever since the wedding. Nothing had really changed after that. Xiumin still worked at the restaurant and lived in Luhan’s mansion.One thing was different though. Luhan was happier. 
 
Luhan was sitting in his office sipping some tea as he searched the interwebs. It was noon already but Luhan had been awake since 8 a.m. It wasn’t the time he usually woke up in but it became a habit ever since Xiumin moved in. 
 
Luhan gets up from his desk and walks to the balcony connected to his office. He leans on the railing as a warm spring breezy blows through his hair. 
 
 
“It’s been months hasn’t it, Sehun?” Luhan whispers calmly. 
 
“I thought it was going to be impossible but I finally got over you. I’ll admit, at times I still feel a little pang in my heart when I think of what you did to me but I guess it’s all for the better.” Luhan sighs. “Now I feel more energized. I’ve been more focused on my job, and I feel way happier. To be honest, I never felt as happy as I do now, even when I was with you. I guess I owe it to a certain someone.” Luhan smiles widely as a small tint of red crosses his cheeks. 
 
“Xiumin has been such an amazing friend to me. He’s always there whenever I need him and he never fails to make me smile. And I would had been dead right now if he hadn’t showed up that time.” he sighs. “I guess I owe him one. Actually, I owe him a lot.” Luhan laughs. He feels his heart beat get faster by just the thought of Xiumin. “What if we were to be together?” Luhan asks himself but quickly brushes off the idea of that ever happening.
 
Luhan stands there for a couple of good minutes before seeing Xiumin’s car drive up the long drive way.
 
In excitement Luhan makes his way down the stairs and opens the front door quickly.
 
“Holy crap Luhan! You sacred me!” Xiuminyells at the other as he makes his way in to the house.
 
“Sorry,” Luhan apologizes. “I just got excited by the fact that your home early! But why?”
 
“Ahh, umm Suho told me to take the rest of the day of.” Xiumin stutters. 
 
“Just like that?” Luhan asks doubtfully.
 
“Yup, now if you don’t mind I’ll go change!” Xiumin says as he makes his way to the stairs.
 
“Wait! Let me show you a cute cat video I found on the internet!” Luhan exclaims as he grabs Xiumin’s left hand. “What is this?” Luhan asks as he sees a bloody bandage on Xiumins hand.
 
“Oh it’s nothing just a little accident!” Xiumin laughs nervously.
 
“Nothing?! Look at the blood coming out of that bandage!” Luhan shouts as he drags Xiumin to the kitchen.
 
Xiumin stares at Luhan quizzically as he sees him look through a kitchen drawer. 
 
“Ah! Here it is!” Luhan holds up a first aid kit as he flashes Xiumin a smile. 
 
Luhan waves Xiumin over as he opens the first aid kit and takes out a couple of bandages. He then proceeds to take the bloody bandage off of Xiumin’s hand and cleans the wound with a small washcloth. He then puts a sterile gauze over the wound and holds it down with a tube bandage.
 
“There you go!” Luhan says as he repackages some of the supplies.
 
“Wow. Thank you Luhan.” Xiumin smiles as he stares at the neat bandage on his hand.
 
“Next time be more careful though!” Luhan scolds.
 
“I will trust me.” Xiumin smiles widely.
 
Luhan feels his heart beat quicken after the sight. 
 
“Thanks for always taking care of me Luhan! I owe you one.” Xiumin says as he turns around and exit’s the room.
 
What the hell is wrong with me?” Luhan thinks to himself as he places a hand on his chest. “I can‘t be falling for him, right?”
 
 
 
 
 
 

A/N I hope you guys don't mind the story going a little faster! ^^;;

      I'm going back to school next week so updates might be a little slow from now on but I'll keep writing!

      Thank you for reading!