The "Truth"

Destiny

 

As Xiumin makes his way to his car he sees a mountain of stuff on it. He walks faster towards it when suddenly he sees his clothes all over the floor.
 
“Don’t ing tell me.” He grunts as he runs up to the car.
 
“What the ! Are you ing serious?” He screams in frustration as he sees all his items flying around. He kicks several boxes before throwing most of them in to his car’s trunk and stuffing the rest where it fit.
He gets inside the car and pulls the door harshly shut. He punches the steering wheel repeatedly before finally breaking down to tears. 
 
“That son of a !” He yells. “That son of a .”
 
 
 
________________________
 
 
 
 
It had been two weeks already. Xiumin was staying with Suho for the mean time. He didn’t tell him about anything that had happened, he just told him that Luhan was renovating his mansion, even though he knew that Suho would eventually find out the truth. 
 
Xiumin was now in the restaurant cooking lunch for the current customers waiting in their seats. 
 
“Xiumin~ Earth to Xiumin.” Suho calls out as he sees a dazed Xiumin stirring the soup.
 
“Ah. Sorry boss.” Xiumin apologizes as he makes his way to chop the vegetables.
 
“Are you ok buddy?” Suho asks worried.
 
“Yeah. Just a bit tired.” he lies.
 
“Aish~ Well I got some good news for you buddy! My cousin told me that he would give us a bigger restaurant if you work for him for like a month or so!” Suho jumps in glee.
 
“Your cousin?” Xiumin asks bitterly.
 
“Yeah! You know my cousin Sehun! The one that had the wedding!”
 
Xiumin stops chopping the vegetables then fixes his attention to Suho.
 
“Why me?” He asks.
 
“He says. That he tried your cooking somewhere before. Are you working somewhere else? You better not be!”
 
Xiumin laughs mild-heartedly before starting to chop the fresh carrots again. “Tell him I’m not interested.”
 
“Come on Minseok! Do it for the restaurant.” Suho pleads.
 
Xiumin looks up and thinks about his options.
 
If he works for the bastard, he will be able to get closer to Luhan. If he doesn’t the chances of seeing Luhan again are going to be slim and Suho would be sad.
 
“Fine. I’ll do it.” 
 
“Thank you!” Suho yells in happiness.
 
“Yeah, yeah, yeah.”
 
 
 
The next day.
 
 
 
 
“Xiumin! You look good!” Suho exclaims as he tugs at Xiumin’s new white uniform.
 
“I better get a raise once I start working for you again.” Xiumin jokes.
 
“Aish~ Let’s not get carried away.” Suho smiles.
 
“Well I got to go. See you later.” Xiumin then leaves the house.
 
 
 
_____________________
 
 
 
 
The sound of the knife hitting the wooden board and the sizzling of the pan were the first sounds Xiumin heard as he entered the Kitchen of the large chic restaurant called “Destiny.” He looks around to see where he had to go but all the chefs seemed to be handling their areas well so it didn’t help. His view then suddenly gets blocked by a tall man in a golden suit. 
 
“Hello, you must be Minseok or Xiumin as far as what I‘ve heard from Suho.” The tall man greets politely.
 
“Ah- yes! It’s a pleasure to meet you….”
 
“Wufan, but call me Kris.” He smiles. “Oh um, I’m the manager of this restaurant so if you have any complaints or questions tell me.”
 
“Alright. So where do I start?” Xiumin asks as he ties his apron around his waist tightly.
 
“Over there next to Kibum. You will help him prepare the sea food today so pay extra attention to what you are doing since the octopus still have ink.” Kris directs as he hands him a chefs hat.
 
“Now put this on. You are no longer a cook, you are a chef.” Kris grins.
 
Xiumin laughs as he slowly fit’s the hat on his head.
 
“Well then, off to work!”
 
 
 
 
___________________
 
 
 
 
2 weeks later
 
 
 
“Xiumin! Give me 2 orders of Teriyaki Salmon with Mushrooms, please.” Kris yells out as he places the order on one of the clips.
 
Xiumin was preparing yet another dish for the wedding event he was assigned to. He had adjusted so well to the new restaurant it surprised everyone. The restaurant was gaining a lot more attention thanks to  their new chef and this left Kris very satisfied. 
 
"Xiumin! Finish up the last one and take 5." Kris tells Xiumin as he begins to pick up the completed dishes.
 
"Ok!" Xiumin sprinkles a bit of green onions on the Salmon before passing it to Kris. "Here." 
 
"Good job take 5!" 
 
With no hesitation Xiumin washes his hands and takes a seat in one of the empty chairs in the kitchen. Kibum sits next to him and passes him a cold water bottle. 
 
“You look exhausted" Kibum points out worriedly.
 
Xiumin takes a long sip of his water before answering his new friend. 
 
"The work is pretty easy its just that I have a lot in my mind." 
 
Kibum simply pats Xiumin’s shoulder to comfort him. 
 
"Well, well, well what do we have here." 
 
Xiumin quickly gets up as he sees Sehun and Luhan, hands tightly held, coming in to the kitchen.
 
“Luhan!"
 
 "Uh hello to you as well." Luhan answers awkwardly. 
 
Sehun simply glares at the older man before continuing on. "I heard that you have become one of the best of the best in my restaurant." 
 
Xiumin fixes his attention to Sehun who now had Luhan’s arm held tightly. 
 
"And?" Xiumin rudely answers. 
 
"I want you to cook the best thing you can whip up tomorrow evening. It will be a dinner for two. You know something one would eat on their anniversary." 
 
“Who are the guests?" 
 
"Who else?" Sehun smirks. 
 
Xiumin tightens his jaw firmly. 
 
"Cant you get someone else to do it?" 
 
“But I heard you cook really well." Sehun chides. 
 
"Please do this for us.” Luhan pleads childly as he grabs Xiumin’s wrist. 
 
Xiumin cant help but feel his heartbeat quicken at the touch. He nods unwillingly and sits back down. 
 
"I knew I could count on you." Sehun laughs mockingly. 
 
"Thank you." Luhan smiles warmly. 
 
Xiumin simply stares at the floor as the couple leaves the kitchen. 
 
"Wow that was tense." Kibum says. "So what was up with that?" 
 
"Luhan has lost his memory and now I cant help but just sit here and watch that trick him." 
 
"What do you mean trick?" Kibum asks. 
 
"I think he wants to take revenge on him or just simply destroy him." 
 
"But why?" 
 
"I have no idea." 
 
"Really? Wow. Maybe he got jealous that Luhan moved on to fast.“ Kibum suggests.
 
“But we never had something going on. We were just friends.“
 
"Did you like him?" Kibum asks hesitantly. 
 
Xiumin looks away then to the direction were Luhan and Sehun had left. He stayed like that for a while before answering. 
 
"I don’t know." 
 
"Xiumin I saw the way you looked at him just now,  plus you hesitated to answer my question. You love him and it hurts you so much that someone is hurting him while you can love him. Am I right?" 
 
Xiumin nods. 
 
"So you’re just gonna sit here and take it? I expected more from you Xiumin." 
 
"But what am I supposed to do?" Xiumin says while massaging his forehead. 
 
“You should do anything and everything it takes, but just sitting here isn’t going to solve things. Take action Xiumin.” Kibum advises.
 
“Hey guys! Back to work!” Kris yells out.
 
And with that the two went back to finishing the last dishes of the night.
 
 
 
 
 
 
__________________
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I cant hold on anymore! Somebody please help! I held on for my life over the bridges edge. My fingers were loosing their grip and I was sliding to my death. Please help, help! I looked up and I saw a man standing there he looked just like the chef from the restaurant. Please help me I cried out. The man then vanished and at that instant I fell.
 
 
 
Luhan wakes up gasping for air. 
 
"Luhan?" Sehun asks as he wakes up drowsily. "What’s wrong?" 
 
"Umm nothing I just need to go to the restroom." 
 
"Oh ok" 
 
Luhan gets up from his bed and dashes to the restroom. He quickly closes the door and slowly makes his way to the sink. He turns the cold water knob and proceeds to splash some cold water on his face. 
 
"That dream again. It was so vivid this time." he wipes his face with a white towel. "Why didn’t that chef help me off the edge, he just stood there. Or was it not him.” 
 
“Yes, it was him." 
 
Luhan turns to the door and sees Sehun standing there with his arms crossed on his chest.
 
"What?" Luhan asks curiously.
 
"He tried to kill you once." 
 
"Wait. What? Who?" 
 
"You know the chef from the restaurant. He pushed you over the bridge to kill you. That is why you sort off lost your memory." 
 
Luhan just stood there in awe.
 
 
 
 
 

A/N I'm back!

       Please forgive me for taking so long to update you guys I just got lazy lol

       Well I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and thanks again for reading!