Friends

Destiny

 

“Welcome!” Xiumin exclaimed as he opened the door to his studio apartment.
 
“I know it isn’t as big as you might had thought but this is pretty much all the space I need.” 
 
Luhan takes a minute to observe his surroundings. He couldn’t believe how small the place was but he understood that it was the perfect size for just one person. He had to admit though, for such a small place Xiumin had decorated it quite nice.
 
“It’s cute.” Luhan said with a faint smile.
 
“Well make yourself at home. You can sit on that chair by the bed. I’ll be back in just a sec.” Xiumin instructed as he entered the restroom.
 
Luhan decided to take this time to look around the small apartment a bit. He walked towards the bookshelf that stood beside the bed and scanned through the multiple tittles. 
 
“Xiumin really likes his mangas.” Luhan then picked a random book from the bunch and stare at the cover.
 
“Absolute Boyfriend?” Luhan reads with a giggle. He then proceeded to place the book back carefully on the bookshelf, leaving no trace of his snooping. Something then suddenly caught Luhan’s eye. It was some sort of memorial located at the corner of the small room. Luhan quickly walked over and kneeled down in front of it. He looked at the pictures that had burned edges on them that were surrounded by some red tulips and candles.
 
“Are these Xiumin’s parents?”
 
“Yes, they are.”
 
Luhan abruptly turns around to see Xiumin standing behind him.
 
“I’m so sorry for touching your stuff! I was just curious about the memorial.” Luhan exclaimed in one breath.
 
“It’s fine really. No need to worry.”
 
“Umm….I don’t want to seem nosy but, may I ask how?”
 
Xiumin lets out a long sigh before proceeding to sit next to Luhan.
 
“I was about 12 years old, Christmas Eve. We had never put up a Christmas tree due to lack of money but that year my father got enough money to buy a tree and decorations. The lights were quite expensive back then so my father decided to buy some from this cheap retail store. We put up the lights on the tree and all over the house and since it was Christmas Eve we decided to leave the lights on for the night. Little did we know that these cheap lights would short circuit that night and would cause a fire.” 
 
Luhan reaches out for Xiumin’s hand when he notices the tears accumulating on Xiumin’s eyes.
 
“I woke up gasping for air as smoke and fire consumed the room. I got up to go find my parents in their room.” Xiumin stopped for a brief second as he felt the chocking sobs come out. “The ro-roof…had c-completely collapsed over my parents bed.” Xiumin was now in full fleshed tears. “The last thing I remember was getting dragged out by a firefighter. After that, nothing.”
 
Luhan hugs Xiumin tightly as he rubs circles on his back.
 
“Let it all out. I can tell that you haven’t talked about this to anyone. So just let it all out.”
 
3 minutes later.
 
Luhan finally releases Xiumin from the tight hug as he stares at the chubby cheeked guy.
 
“Much better?” asks Luhan with a concerned voice.
 
Xiumin nods as he wipes his tears off with his shirt.
 
“Good!” Luhan pats Xiumin on the head then makes his way back to the chair were he was sitting on earlier.
 
“Are you hungry?” asks Xiumin as he gets up from the floor and dusts himself off.
 
“It’s a little late to be cooking don’t you think?”
 
“Don’t worry! I’m off from work tomorrow so I can go to sleep at anytime I want. So are you hungry or not?” Xiumin asks again as he makes his way to the kitchen.
 
“Very well then. Cook your best recipe!” Luhan exclaims as he heads to the kitchen. “Do you need help?”
 
“No. I got this.” Xiumin answers with a smile.
 
“You better impress me then!” 
 
“Will do.”
 
30 minutes later.
 
“Luhan can you set up the table for me please!”
 
“Okay!” 
 
Luhan places the small plates and chopsticks on the table when a familiar smell hits his nose.
 
“Can that be….”
 
Xiumin then walks over to the table and places the scrumptious food on the table.
 
“Baozi!” exclaims Xiumin.
 
“How did you…were did you learn to….I don’t even…”
 
“So I guess you are a big fan of baozi.” Xiumin laughs as he proceeds to eat one.
 
With no hesitation, Luhan follows Xiumin and progresses to eat a baozi himself.
 
“So?” Xiumin asks with a confident smirk.
 
“Oh my god, this is the best baozi I have ever tasted in my whole entire life!” Luhan proclaims as he takes another baozi and eats it with one bite.
 
“I knew you would like it! This is the customers favorite back at the restaurant.” Xiumin states as he devours another one himself.
 
“Restaurant?” Luhan asks in a mouthful.
 
“Oh yeah. I haven’t told you have I? I’m a cook at this restaurant called Asian Delights. I‘ve been working there for two years now. I‘m actually surprised I have lasted for that long, most cooks get laid off by the 5th month working there. The only ones that have survived are these other cooks called D.O, Lay, and myself.”
 
“No wonder they haven’t fired you. You are awesome at cooking!” affirms Luhan as he consumes another baozi.
 
“Thank you.” Xiumin acknowledges as he tries to eat one in one bite.
 
“Your cheeks look so puffy! You look just like one!” blurts out Luhan as he holds up a baozi.
 
“Really? What if I do this?” Xiumin then puffs up his cheeks as he gets closer to Luhan.
 
“Ahhh! So cute Baozi!” Luhan yells as he pinches Xiumin’s cheeks.
 
“From now on you shall be called Baozi!”
 
“We have only known each other for a few hours and you are already giving me a nickname?” Xiumin laughs at the situation.
 
“Still! That won’t stop me from becoming friends with you! You are an awesome person with a kind heart. Plus we have to remain friends since you promised me that you would take care of me!” Luhan said with a wide grin.
 
Xiumin couldn’t help but smile at the dorky kid in front of him.
 
‘This might be the beginning of a new friendship.’ Xiumin thought to himself as his smile grew wider.
 
 
 
 
 

 

A/N ASDFGHJKL! Did anyone else see the Xiuhan CPR pictures! /dead

      Thank you guys for reading and comenting!

      Love you!<3