Don't Jump

Destiny

 

“I’m heading out now boss!” exclaimed Xiumin as he slowly opens the back door located in the kitchen of the small restaurant called “Asian Delights.” Xiumin had been working there as one of the cooks  for almost 2 years now. He knew many recipes ranging from Korean to Chinese to Japanese. He gets paid fairly well but he admits that lately he hasn’t been able to pay some bills that were staking up. Just last week, he got his lights cut off because he didn’t have the money to pay the light bill and nowadays he has been avoiding the land lady because every time she saw him she would ask for the rent money. 
 
  Xiumin got in to his black 1970 Chevelle SS 454; his pride possession. He went through a lot of trouble getting this car but it was worth it in the end. As he started up the car it made a horrid sound. “Perhaps I shouldn’t had turned the key to quickly” he thought as he drove away.
 
  As he crossed the small bridge that led to his house the car shut off unexpectedly.” Well that’s odd.” He whispered to himself as he got out of the car and walked over to the hood of it. It was 11:45pm already so it was quite dark as you would imagine. The only source of light were the headlights of  cars piercing the darkness. 
 
  It took Xiumin about 20 minutes to get the car back up and running. 
 
  “ I knew I should had become a mechanic.” Xiumin jokes with himself as he turns on the headlights. When he does he sees a guy caught by surprise on the edge of the bridge. Xiumin doesn’t hesitate for one second to get out of the car and walk over to where the guy was. 
 
  “Don’t do it kid! Whatever it is that is causing you pain is not worth your life!” Xiumin exclaims as he gets closer to the man. 
 
  “Can you leave me alone!” the man exclaims as he gets closer to the edge. 
 
  “ Not until you get off of there! Come one, take my hand.” Xiumin extends his hand to him but the guy just looks at it then looks back to the ground that was 20 feet below him. 
 
  “Come on kid there are other alternatives. You don’t have to risk your life! I’ll help you out with what ever you need help with, just don’t you dare jump!” 
 
  The guy turned to Xiumin with an annoyed expression on his face. “Didn’t I tell you to go away! There is nothing you can help me with. I’m done with this world, I am done with all those deceiving lies that people hide with a simple smile.” 
 
  The guy’s annoyed expression soon turned to one full of sadness and confusion. 
 
  “I don’t see why I should stay in this world any longer. There’s no hope for me….20 years of age and I still live a delusional life. I think it‘s best if I just off.” and with that said the man jumps.
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Muahahahahaha! Cliff Hangers!