Tweedledee and Tweedledum

My Fate At Disneyland

 

I was to the point where people were beginning to stare because I was laughing so hard after what Gwen told me.

Gwen was definitely not pleased with my reaction, questioning my sanity. “What the hell is so funny?”

“Nothing.” I continued, in-between laughs “It’s just that you never told me you’re in love with Lay! I assumed you thought Tao was cute!”

“He is a cute panda and all, but he’s too young for me.”

“Dude, K-pop idols are never too young. Taemin, Kai, and Dongho are perfect examples.”

Tilting her head, my sister, “You do have a point there.” Remembering something, “Oh yeah! What happened between you and Xiumin? You better tell me everything.”

Sighing, I told Gwen every little detail of how Xiumin, Lay, Chen, and ZhouMi found me after I was left behind, and my time spent with Xiumin leading up to seeing her and Lay together.

It was Gwen’s turn to laugh hysterically.

“Oh so now you’re laughing?” I shook my head in disbelief.

“Well duh!” Gwen snorted, “It’s Xiumin! All I want to do is pinch his cheeks and you want to kiss--”

“No I don’t!” I yelped, interrupting my sister.

“You totally do! It’s written all over your face!” Gwen smirked. “Either that or he’s the one who wants to do the kissing.”

Blushing, “I-I don’t think so.”

“Well from what you just told me it’s pretty obvious you are to his lik-king~” Gwen began to giggle like a fangirl.

“What about you huh?” I retorted, “Who knows if that kiss was even accidental at all. Lay could have fallen head over heels in love with you at first sight and planned the kiss!”

“Now wouldn’t that be awesome.” Gwen smiled, sighing happily as she looked up.

I knew she was playing her moments with Lay over and over again in that very imaginative head of hers. Nudging her shoulder and rolling my eyes, “Stop daydreaming already. I don’t want to waste the day away by sitting around doing nothing but people watch.”

Snapping out of it, Gwen, “Well what do you want to do then? We can hang out just the two of us for a while.” My sister, chuckling, “I’m sure Jane wouldn’t mind. After all she is with Kris.”

“True.” I grinned. “Hmm let me think…” I tried checking the time on my phone, but remembered it was dead when I saw the blank screen that would not light up. A depressed sigh escaped my lips. “We should stop by the hotel and grab my charger.”

“Sounds good to me.” Gwen nodded, rising from her seat with a grin, “I want to be able to call you if we accidentally split up again.” A bit concerned, “Are you okay to walk again?”

Standing up I felt no pain. Smiling, “I’m fine. Now let’s go.”

Gwen and I walked out of Disneyland and into the busy and partially crowded Downtown Disney. Most of the time we arms because she would try to go into every store possible, reminding her to keep moving or there won’t be any time to go to the other park.

Out of nowhere my sister pouted, halting the both of is in front of Jazz Kitchen Express. “I’m in the mood for a snack. Any suggestions?”

Immediately I read her mind, figuratively speaking of course, mouth beginning to water from the amazing aroma coming from the place. Sighing, “You already know what I’m going to say since you deliberately stopped us in front of here.”

Chuckling, we both excitedly blurted, “Beignets!”, pacing inside the building and placing ourselves in the long line.

Upon waiting in line we began to hear a commotion in front. Peaking around peoples’ shoulders, I noticed the lady at the cash register with her eyebrows furrowed at two customers she was trying to help. It seemed like whatever the two guys were trying to say the lady was not comprehending.

“I’m sorry, but I really cannot understand you.” the lady complained politely, “You need to pay for what you ordered.”

The taller of the two turned and spoke to the other, to my surprise in Korean. “What are we going to do Baek? Manager-hyung didn’t give us any money…”

“Well he didn’t know we were going to be by ourselves did he Channy.” the shorter replied, a bit annoyed, “It was YOUR idea to wander off in the first place.”

“Because I want to spend time with you.” he pinched the other’s cheeks, “Is that so wrong?”

Tilting my head I realized the incredibly deep voice of the taller seemed all too familiar to me. “Wait a minute…” Getting a better look at both their side views, my eyes almost popped out of their sockets.

“What’s wrong?” Gwen questioned, “You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

I pointed. “See those two in front of the line?”

“Yeah?”

“It’s Chanyeol and Baekhyun.”

Excited, Gwen, “Are you serious?! What are they doing here?!”

“That’s what I would like to know.”

“Sheesh!” my sister laughed. “Why do these couples always run away to be alone? And we keep bumping into them too.” she stated, crossing her arms and smirking, “Not that I’m complaining.”

“How do you know they’re a couple?”

“Why wouldn’t they be?” Gwen gave me the you’re-really-questioning-me-about-the-BaekYeol-couple look.

“You’re absolutely right. We should go see what they’re up to.” I suggested, “It looks like they’re having some trouble.”

I removed myself from the line and dragged Gwen with me, standing next to Chanyeol while asking the register lady, “Excuse the interruption, but is there a problem?”

The lady, along with Chanyeol and Baekhyun, gave me a perplexed expression. “I’m very sorry for the wait miss, but I don’t think these boys can understand me.”

Smiling, “May I help?”

The lady sighed in relief. “If you could then yes I would very much appreciate it.”

“Hello.” I greeted the two EXO-K members with a small bow.

“You speak Korean?!” Chanyeol shouted.

Chuckling, I nodded. Just then I was embraced my Chanyeol, feeling utterly shocked and pleasantly surprised at the same time. I could hear Gwen gasp at the scene, imagining her reaction with her hands covering and eyes wide, very similar to Baekhyun’s.

Chanyeol, “You’re a lifesaver! Could you ask the nice lady what we ordered?!”

“She will if you would stop crushing her to death.” Baekhyun commented.

Chanyeol quickly let go of me, turning toward his Baek. “I don’t hear YOU complain when I hug you.”

Baekhyun blushed. “Th-that’s different.”

“Could someone please tell me what’s going on?” I interrupted.

Baekhyun slightly pushed Chanyeol out of the way to talk to me. “You see, Channy,” pointing to the tall one behind him, “wanted something to eat, and I gave in to that irresistible goofball smile of his, so we came here, forgetting that we only understood and know a few words of English. Not only that, we don’t even know what we ordered, AND we don’t have any money to pay for it.”

“Excuse me, but what did they order?” I asked the lady.

She replied, “Two orders of jambalaya.”

Raising my eyebrow, I turned back to Baekhyun and Chanyeol. “Do you even know what that is?”

“Not a clue.” Chanyeol grinned.

“Pabo.” my sister chuckled.

“My thoughts exactly...” Baekhyun added.

Chanyeol stealthily and carefully snuck his arm around Baekhyun’s waist, whispering into his ear. “Even though I’m an idiot you still like me.”

Feeling the heat rise in his face, Baekhyun placed his hands on the other’s clothed chest trying to push him away but at the same time seeming like he did not want to. “Channy people are staring…”

“Let them.” the taller idol smiled.

My heart quickened its pace while my sister chewed on her lower lip from watching BaekYeol’s lovey-dovey moment.

Gwen leaned toward me. “How can you not ship these two? They’re adorkable! Even better than I expected!”

Shaking my head, “I do ship them. Same goes for HunHan and KaiSoo.”

“Yeah and they turned out to be real couples.” my sister tried not to jump for joy.

The lady at the register loudly cleared , getting the attention of the four of us.

“I have a great idea.” Gwen smiled. She then whispered into my ear which had me nodding in agreement.

“I’m so sorry,” I apologized to the lady, “but could we get four small orders of beignets instead, and four bottled waters please? Again I am really sorry.”

“That’s alright.” said lady replied, quickly moving her fingers on the touch screen in front of her, telling me the price of everything as soon as she finished.

Gwen handed her a debit card, paying for the food and drinks, all of us moving to the pick-up counter to wait for our food.

“What just happened?” Chanyeol questioned, confused.

“We ordered something else for all of us and my sister paid for it.” I pointed to my sister who was currently happy as can be grabbing the water bottles given to her by another worker, handing one each to us while receiving a few bows and thank yous in return.

Once our order was ready, I carried the bags filled with beignets, quickly spotting cemented seating across the way and gesturing for them to take a seat. The BaekYeol couple quickly sat down incredibly close to each other, me sitting next to Baekhyun while Gwen was on my other side. I handed them their bags.

“Thank you again for helping my boy-- FRIEND and I back there.” Baekhyun smiled at me.

“No problem.” I returned the smile.

“What is your name?”

“_____, and my sister’s name is Gwen.”

“Nice to meet you. I’m Baekhyun and the other guy is Chanyeol.”

“I know. Gwen and I are huge fans of yours.” Inner face-palming, OH CRAP I’M FANGIRLING AGAIN…

Raising an eyebrow, Baekhyun smirked. “Oh really?”

“Y-yeah,” I hesitated, “b-b-but we’re not crazy like trying to get your autographs or ripping off your shirts or anything like that.”

Baekhyun laughed. “You don’t seem like that type.”

I laughed as well.

A few seconds later Chanyeol reached inside his bag to take out a little puffy thing with white powder on it which was nice and hot. Carefully examining it, “What’s this?”

“Those are called beignets.” my sister replied, “They’re deep-fried pastries with powdered sugar on it, no filling inside. They’re really good.”

“Oh okay.” Chanyeol puffed his cheeks. Putting the beignet up to his boyfriend’s mouth, “Baek you try it first.”

“Why don’t you just eat it?” Baekhyun questioned, somewhat swatting the other’s hand away.

“Because I don’t know if I’ll like it.”

“You’ll like it. Trust me.” I spoke with my mouth stuffed, making Gwen giggle.

Without warning the deep-voiced EXO member decided to put the entire pasty in his mouth, not realizing how hot it was. Soon after his eyes were wide and mouth open a bit while being covered by his right hand, jumping a bit in his seat. “Hot!” he yelped as he tried to chew, “Delicious though!”

My sister and I laughed at Chanyeol’s aegyo as Baekhyun sighed. “That’s why you BLOW on it first.” He bit half of his beignet after blowing on it. “These ARE good.” Noticing some powdered sugar on his pants and some on his shirt, “And a bit messy…”

Chuckling, I gave him a napkin. “Here you go.”

“Thank you.” Baekhyun shyly smiled, glancing at his Channy and shaking his head in disbelief. “This idiot next to me needs a lot of napkins.”

Gwen and I looked over at Chanyeol who managed to get powdered sugar all over his mouth, shirt, and pants. We both tried very hard to contain our laughter as Gwen handed Baekhyun the rest of the napkins.

Baekhyun began to wipe Chanyeol’s mouth. “I honestly don’t know what to do with you sometimes.” While Chanyeol was trying to dust himself off, “Hold still will you?”

“Gosh can they be any cuter?” my sister commented, grinning from ear to ear.

“I think so.” I replied to her rhetorical question, smiling. As soon as the four of us finished our beignets and threw the empty paper bags away I still thought of retrieving my charger so I could actually use my phone if I wanted to, but the problem was we were with BaekYeol and did not want to leave them alone. I was in deep thought when my sister nudged me.

“You okay?” Gwen asked.

“I still want my charger, but Chanyeol and Baekhyun…” I trailed off.

“Bring them with us!”

I blinked twice. “Are we allowed to do that?”

“I don’t see why not. It’s not like we’re kidnapping them. We’re not crazy fangirls.” Chuckling, “Fangirls yes, but crazy we are not.”

“Okay fine, but we should ask them first.” Getting BaekYeol’s undivided attention, “Gwen and I were wondering if you wanted to come with us to get my phone charger because my battery is dead at the moment.”

“Sure!” Chanyeol blurted.

“Think before you speak Channy.” the shorter EXO member rolled his eyes, “Although I don’t want us to be alone again.” Smiling at Gwen and me, “We’ll go with you.”

“Great!” my sister ecstatically shouted, but thought, “But what if your fans recognize you two with us?”

Baekhyun smirked. “I’ve always wanted to wear a disguise.”

We all paced to the enormous World of Disney store, thoroughly searching for something for BaekYeol to wear. I immediately found baby blue Mickey ears with a yellow duck bill in the middle, handing it to Baekhyun. “Try this one on.” When it was on I could not help but smile at his adorableness.

Smiling, Chanyeol took off his thick-rimmed glasses and put them on Baekhyun. “Baek-baby put these on too! They’re fake anyway.” Remembering something, “Oh yeah I already have some stuff to wear!” He grabbed a black cap with a picture of an exploding bomb on it which I just noticed was attached to his pants and wore it on his head. Chanyeol then took out a leopard-printed mask and covered his mouth with it. Grinning, “I forgot I had these. Silly me.”

Baekhyun chuckled. “Channy you look ridiculous.”

“But YOU look cute.” Chanyeol smiled under his mask, causing the other to blush.

Blinking twice, Baekhyun, “Hey isn’t that LAY’S mask?”

“Yeah.” Chanyeol confessed, “ I took it.”

“And WHY would you take something that’s not yours?”

“I didn’t STEAL it if that’s what you’re thinking. I asked him if I could borrow it and he said yes.” Chanyeol pointed at the mask. “It’s cool right?”

Sighing, Baekhyun tried not to smile. “I guess.”

We four made our way to the cash registers, me paying for Baekhyun’s disguise. We reached the car in no time, entering with BaekYeol cuddling in the back, me in the passenger seat, and Gwen driving. Once we arrived at the hotel Gwen and I hastily went to our room while Chanyeol and Baekhyun decided to wait in the car.

Grabbing my charger from the bedside table, my sister suggested, “Wouldn’t it be better to bring your car charger so you could charge your phone in the car? That way we don’t have to go all over the place trying to find a plug.”

“True.” I agreed, going into the front pocket of my luggage and taking out my car charger, leaving the room with Gwen following suit.

When we returned to the car however, we did not expect to see what we saw.

“Wh-wh-at a-are they do-oo-ing?” Gwen stuttered all over her words.

“What does it look like they’re doing dude?” I replied, shocked, “They’re making out. In Jane’s car.” Indeed BaekYeol was passionately locked lips, Baekhyun’s arms around Chanyeol’s neck and fingers tightly gripping Chanyeol’s hair while Chanyeol’s mask was down and his hand under his boyfriend’s shirt gently rubbing his chest. MY POOR FANGRIL HEART AND BRAIN ARE GOING TO EXPLODE!

Gwen shook her head in disbelief. “Why are they so loud?”

“I don’t know why don’t you ask them?” I said, sarcasm apparent in my voice, “We have to back anyway.” Knocking loudly on one of the back windows I waved at them, the two immediately pulling apart and fixing themselves, looking completely embarrassed and scared.

Gwen and I laughed as we entered the car once more, Gwen starting the car and teasing, “Naughty naughty.”

“I-It’s not what you think…” Baekhyun shyly tried to explain himself, “We were--”

“Kiiiisssssiiiinnnngg?” my sister teased even more.

“I have to say it was quite entertaining from what we saw,” I snickered, smiling in the front mirror to look upon a red-faced Baekhyun and an expressionless Chanyeol, “and we really didn’t want to stop you, but we had to get going.”

The taller EXO member scooted forward and held onto both front seats, pleading, “Please don’t tell anyone what you saw okay? Me and Baek’s relationship is top secret.”

“Seatbelts please.” Gwen spoke, Baekhyun nervously buckling up quickly.

“Oops. Sorry.” Chanyeol apologized, leaning back and fastening his seatbelt. He continued his little speech. “Most of our fans think it’s just skinship and fanservice, and Baek and I would like to keep it that way. I can’t help the way I feel about him… I LOVE him…”

Baekhyun blinked twice, staring at his lover in surprise. “You DO?”

“Of course I do!” Chanyeol grinned, “It was definitely love at first sight.”

“Baekhyun,” I asked, “you mean he hasn’t said that yet?”

“This is the first time he’s mentioned it since we’ve been together…” Baekhyun shyly admitted.

“And I’ll say it again! I love you so much Baek.” Chanyeol reached out his hand, caressing Baekhyun’s cheek with his thumb.

Baekhyun wore his adorable closed-eyes smile, leaning toward the other and gently kissing him. “Oh Channy I love you too.”

I smiled wide, sighing at how romantic and incredibly adorable BaekYeol were. GOSH I FEEL LIKE CRYING!

Hearing sniffles, the three of us noticed my sister was crying. I guess her and I are on the same page so to speak. “You guys kill me you know that?! You’re love for each other makes my heart sing! No wonder I ship you guys so much!”

“Does this mean you won’t tell anyone?” Chanyeol questioned.

“Duh.” I laughed, causing the others to laugh along with me.

 

-----

 

All of us happily linked arms as we treaded through Downtown Disney once more and into the open area between Disneyland and California Adventure. We were chuckling at Baekhyun’s nickname being Bacon and how that was one of my favorite foods when I looked to my right, seeing two people who looked extremely familiar. “Is that…?” I squinted at first, dragging the others with me and pointing to said people, eyes extremely wide as I realized, “It’s Jane!”

“Kris?! With a girl?! ALONE?!” Chanyeol yelped.

It was Jane and Kris alright. They were standing by the ‘A’ of the giant California sign taking pictures together. Once they were finished, Kris gave her a small shopping bag, Jane shying away. All of a sudden, Kris cupped Jane’s face while Jane’s arms were wrapped around Kris’ waist, both of them leaning forward and kissing.

OH. MY. GOD!!!

 

 

 

--

I all honesty BaekYeol made me write this chapter haha not literally of course haha I LOVE them even though nowadays there’s mostly ChanBaek and Chanyeol’s obsession with Kai haha XD And OMFG Jane and Kris kissing?! That was fast haha that’s okay though because you will have your moments with Xiumin and especially Suho in the chapters to come (Gwen and Lay already kissed so yeah haha) teehee ;) I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter and look forward to Chapter 10!

Thanks for reading, subscribing, and commenting! Love you all and hugs! :)

Oh and for those of you who haven’t seen pics of EXO at Disneyland 2012 Baekhyun and Chanyeol really did  at one point wear those described in the chapter :)