Grizzly River Run

My Fate At Disneyland

 

Suho’s arms were once again around my waist, his lips gently pressing against mine. I could not even fathom if what was happening was a mere dream or an amazing reality, unable to move, eyes wide in utter shock. SUHO IS KISSING ME. ME! I thought when I finally came out of my trance, AND HIS LIPS ARE SO SOFT… I removed my arms and clutched onto the front of his sweater, my eyes closing and deepening the kiss as I tiptoed.

Gasps and clearing of throats were drowned out by annoying screams and whines, Suho and I being interrupted and looking upon the same fangirls Xiumin and I escaped from, but there were a lot more of them, taking pictures and talking amongst themselves.

We then noticed the other’s facial expressions and reactions. Chanyeol, Luhan, and Gwen were squealing along with the girls, Baekhyun slapping Chanyeol’s arm, Sehun trying to calm his lover down without the need of kissing him causing even more of a commotion, and Lay rubbing the small of Gwen’s back all the while staring in awe at us. Kyungsoo shielded his eyes, Chen smirked, Jane’s jaw dropped with Kris trying not to laugh at her, and the rest of EXO simply stared expressionless. ZhouMi glared and Leeteuk grinned. Xiumin, on the other hand, was the only one not looking at us, staring at the floor beneath him with hands balled into fists, obviously hurt and angry.

“Joonmyun.” ZhouMi and Leeteuk approached us.

“I’m in trouble now.” Suho shyly scratched the back of his head, “But I don’t regret what happened. Do you?”

I simply shook my head, both of us smiling.

“Leeteuk and I will deal with you later.” ZhouMi spoke to Suho, “Right now we need to leave.” Dragging Suho away, “You are going to have to help me explain to the boss about your actions because I know for a fact the pictures of you and _____ will be all over the internet.”

“Mimi, it will be fine.” I could hear Leeteuk reassure the other, “We’ll think of something to say like that wasn’t really Joonmyun or they were rehearsing for a musical.”

Everyone hastily followed the three out of The Animation building, EXO and the acting manager-hyungs bowing and waving to their fans. I shrugged, stuffing my hands in my pockets while out of the corner of my eye I saw Xiumin frantically waving.

“Okay people there’s nothing to see here!” he exclaimed.

“Seokie let’s just go.” Chen immediately grabbed Xiumin, walking toward the exit.

Upon walking, I felt my best friend link arms with me.

“ZhouMi seems pretty strict.” she commented, eyes glued to him.

“I don’t blame him though.” I half-smiled, “Joonmyun and I did cause a stir with EXO fans, adding another situation to explain other than us posing as coordi-noonas and Minseok and Joonmyun’s actions toward me. ZhouMi is only looking out for EXO like Leeteuk.”

“It’s as if Leeteuk is the easygoing appa while ZhouMi is the nagging umma.” Jane chuckled, me joining in. “So what does this mean now?” Jane questioned, curious, “Since you two kissed, did you choose him?”

“Technically he k-kissed me.” I blushed, remembering my romantic first kiss, “And I haven’t chosen anyone yet.”

“But you returned his kiss.”

“To be honest I was lost in the moment… Wouldn’t you if Kris kissed you like that?”

Jane smirked. “He already did.”

“He gave you your first kiss dude.” Gwen chimed in, appearing from behind us, “Not to mention it was in front of everyone, including Xiumin.”

“I could imagine how he’s feeling right now.” Jane sighed, Gwen nodding in agreement.

“Maybe you should talk to him.”

Just then, Jane almost screamed when Kris decided to sneak up on her and pinch the sides of her hips, Gwen and I chuckling as Jane jerked her head to send the EXO-M leader a death glare.

Innocently shrugging as he snickered, Kris grinned. “Sorry I couldn’t help myself.” Snaking an arm around Jane’s waist, “I overheard what you were saying and I think it best if you don’t talk to Xiumin right now.”

“Why not?” my sister tilted her head, curious.

“He’s pretty angry, not saying a word to anyone even when spoken to. I can tell he wants to be alone.”

“I see…” I bit my lower lip, knowing it was partly my fault for returning Suho’s kiss. Just then I heard someone excitedly scream my name, soon hearing quickened footsteps and feeling an embrace from behind, tilting my head to look upon a smiling Luhan.

“So!” Luhan moved in-between Jane and I, grasping my hand, “How was it?!”

Tilting my head, “How was what?”

“He wants to know about the kiss.” Sehun stepped in next to Kris, smirking, “I’m curious too.”

“Was it nice?! I bet it was nice!” Chanyeol chimed in, violently nodding as he and Baekhyun paced behind us.

“Pabo.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “Of course it was nice.”

“Oh?” Chanyeol blinked twice, “And how would YOU know?” Gasping in utter shock, he pointed accusingly at the other. “You kissed him too?! Ow…”

“Calm down.” Baekhyun pinched Chanyeol’s arm, “No you dummy I was saying _____ probably thought it was nice.”

“That hurt Baek~” Chanyeol whined, pouting.

“Well?” Luhan batted his eyelashes, “You can tell Lulu.”

“I-It was nice.” I blushed, replaying the moment in my mind.

“Did you like it?” Kyungsoo questioned, him and Kai suddenly appearing.

Kai chuckled. “If she thought it was nice then it’s obvious she liked it Soo.”

“Oh yeah huh…” Kyungsoo shrugged, embarrassed, “Mianhe.”

“You don’t have to apologize.” Kai ruffled the other’s hair, “I still love you.”

Kyungsoo shyly smiled, wanting desperately to peck his lover’s cheek but knew that was out of question at the moment.

Just then there was an exaggerated sigh followed by tsk sounds, everyone around me directing their attention toward Tao who threw his arms around Luhan and I, Lay smiling as he moved to my sister’s side. “Xiumin is crying right now… He’s really hurt.”

“WHAT?” the two of us, including Gwen, Kris, and Jane, were shocked, trying to get a good look at Xiumin but was blocked by ZhouMi, Suho, and Leeteuk moving in front of him and Chen.

“Just kidding!” Tao burst into laughter, “I wanted to see your reactions!”

“Not funny.” Luhan’s eyes narrowed, unamused.

“Horrible.” Gwen shook her head in disbelief, trying not to smile.

“That was good.” Kris grinned, him and Lay high-fiving Tao.

“Really guys?” Jane raised an eyebrow.

“He’ll be fine eventually.” Tao nodded, smiling, “Give him time okay?”

I returned the smile, but it soon dissipated when I was finally able to get a glimpse of Xiumin and Chen, Chen’s mouth and hands moving as he spoke, Xiumin blatantly ignoring him. We made eye contact for a split second before he shied away, me depressingly sighing as I stared at the ground.

“Give us details!” Chanyeol was the first to speak out of the group after a short pause of silence, “Was it romantic? Intense? A bit of both?”

“Did your foot pop?” Kyungsoo added, Kai snickering, “That’s true love in my opinion when that happens.”

“Were his lips soft or chapped?” Luhan commented.

“Was he a good kisser?” Everyone turned to Kai. “What?” he innocently lifted his shoulders up and down, “It’s just a question.”

“I don’t think _____ would want to answer that.” Kyungsoo giggled.

“Guys give the girl some space!” Luhan laughed, shaking his head in disbelief.

“OR I can just take her away from you guys.” the lot of us looked at Suho half-smiling at me, “How does that sound?”

OH MY GOD MY HEART IS POUNDING. I thought, looking anywhere but at Suho while nodding. The group parted so Suho may hold my hand and pull me to walk in front of the others, our fingers intertwined. “D-Do you know where we’re going?” I began to ask after a moment of silence.

“A water ride where we will get really wet.” Suho replied, smiling, “Have you been on it before?”

Knowing exactly what he was speaking about, “No.” I shook my head, “But I heard it was fun.”

“Well we can ride for the first time together.” Suddenly hearing giggles, we noticed everyone watching our every move, Suho scratching the back of his head and snickering. “Maybe we should move to the back so we’re not the center of attention.”

“I agree.” I chuckled, moving to behind Leeteuk and ZhouMi, but were still getting looks and smirks when they turned their heads at us.

Throughout the entire walk, Suho was glued to my hip so to speak, his arm constantly around my shoulders and glancing behind us every now and then at who I can only imagine was Xiumin. Taking a peek, I spotted Xiumin glaring while Chen was still chatting away. When we arrived at Grizzly River Run, Suho still held onto me with our arms linked, neither wanting to leave my side nor me leave his. Watching EXO, Jane, and Gwen talk amongst themselves made me want to join in on their conversation, trying to sneakily remove myself from Suho, but his hold was too strong. Somewhat frustrated and disappointed, I puffed my cheeks. I then heard someone clear their throat, my head turning in the direction of an amused Chen with his arms crossed while leaning his back against the railing.

“Joonmyun seems clingy does he not?” Chen leaned toward me, muttering lowly which was almost inaudible for me to comprehend.

“No?” I slowly shook my head, but when I noticed Chen’s eyebrow raised I nodded, sighing. “Maybe a little…”

“Do you want to be with someone like who is that way? Keeps you all to himself?”

Blinking twice, “What are you talking about?”

Chen stuffed his hands into his pockets. “Seokie will never keep you from your friends and family nor cling onto you.” Winking as he walked away, “Just saying.”

“What did he say?” Suho finally realized the EXO-M member’s presence.

I pondered whether or not to tell Suho, but opted not to in fear of creating more conflict. “He was asking about the ride.” I lied, trying to smile.

“I see.” Suho seemed as if he knew I was lying, but said nothing more until we were at the front of the ride.

The lot of us had to split into two groups since there were not enough seats to fit all of us. In the round green raft sat Jane next to Kris to her left, followed by Baekhyun, Chen, Lay, Tao, Sehun, and Gwen. Of course I sat in the blue raft behind them with the other members and acting manager-hyungs because Suho would not let go of me even though I wanted to ride with my sister and best friend. WELL THIS IS AWKWARD… I thought, trying not to look at Xiumin who sat across form Suho and I as he glared at Suho who smirked at him, sighing while ignoring the tense atmosphere and enjoying the ride as best as I could.

The raft immediately started spinning once it began to move, U-turning and sending us up a ramp, speeding up through the top of the ride. There was an abrupt stop right before the first drop, Suho clutching onto my hand for dear life as we all screamed during said drop. Suho and I’s backs facing the water dead on, receiving most of the water as it drenched us from head to toe.

We all laughed, especially Suho who shivered. “S-S-So cold!” he yelped.

“I don’t think it’s over yet.” I giggled, finding him rather cute, grasping onto my chair while I felt another splash on me, this time hitting my left side which also hit Luhan who elicited a shriek plus calling his boyfriend’s name for help.

The blue raft sped up with every rapid wave it passed, Luhan, Leeteuk, and I trying not to laugh at ZhouMi praying the water would leave him be, but it was short lived as his entire lower body was drenched, squealing like a girl and causing everyone to burst into laughter. With one final drop, it was the KaiSoo couple’s turn to be hit with tons of water, Kai muttering curse words under his breath while Kyungsoo seemed like he was about to cry. I smiled when I noticed Xiumin smiling away, but when he saw me he shied away again.

As soon as Grizzly River Run was over, everyone helped each other out of the rafts, Xiumin and I making eye contact while nervously reaching his hand out. Grabbing it, he pulled me up and kept me close.

“Thank you.” I half-smiled.

“D-Don’t mention it.” he scratched the back of his head, staring at the floor beneath him.

Darting my eyes around at everyone, I realized they were all soaking wet, the rapids showing no mercy. I then felt Suho grab my hand and yank me toward him, tilting my head and wondering why he was grinning from ear to ear.

“Let’s go.” Suho beamed.

“Go where?”

“I spoke to Leeteuk-hyung just now.” he explained, “He is letting us spend time together. ALONE.”

“Really?” I was a bit dumbfounded.

“Yeah. He feels it’s only fair since you already spent more time with Minseok.”

My sister suddenly pushed me closer to Suho, “This is the perfect opportunity! All you’ve done is hung out with Xiumin, and Suho doesn’t even need to kidnap you!”

“Plus you have permission from Leeteuk-oppa to go on your own with Suho.” Jane added, appearing next to Gwen along with Kris.

“Jane’s right you know.” Kris commented, giving me a thumbs up.

Sighing, “Alright fine.” Turning to face Suho, “Where do you want to go?”

“I’ll go anywhere you go.” Suho smiled.

I chuckled at his cheesy answer as he threw an arm around my shoulders, walking off while waving goodbye to the others, quickly glancing at a narrow-eyed Xiumin intensely watching us. I tried to smile.

“Is everything alright?” Suho asked, worried.

Looking up at him, I nodded. “I’m fine.”

Chewing on my lower lip, I tried not to think about Xiumin.

 

 

 

--

Okay I seriously wish I was really there on that ride with them haha it looks like so much fun! And Suho stole your first kiss haha dang XD Anyway I hope you enjoyed Chapter 16 and please look forward to the next one with your “alone time” with Suho and a surprise ending! XD

Thank you for reading, subscribing, and commenting! <3 and hugs!