Hold Onto Them Hats and Glasses

My Fate At Disneyland

 

“Well hello there beautiful.” I heard a voice from behind me.

I turned around and found myself face to face with Xiumin. My heart began to race. Before I could answer I heard another voice call my name. Blinking twice, I watched Tao and Lay walked toward Xiumin and me.

“Hi! What are you doing here?” Tao questioned with a smile.

Lay began to curiously eye me, nudging Tao’s arm. “Is she one of the girls Kris was talking about?”

“Not THE one, but definitely one of them.” the panda replied. Glancing between Lay and I, “Lay this is _____. _____, Lay.”

Lay shook my hand, half-smiling. “It’s nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too.” I returned said smile.

Tao tilted his head. “Weren’t you with your sister the last time I saw you?”

“Hey I want to ask the young lady!” Xiumin faced me once more, innocently tilting his head. “Why aren’t you with your sister now?”

Right before answering, my eyes went from Mr. Panda who rolled his eyes and Lay shaking his head in disbelief, both of them sighing. “I-It’s kind of a long story…”

“Don’t worry,” Xiumin ginned, his pearly whites showing, “we have time to list--”

Xiumin was cut off by Lay clearing his throat, Tao pointing with his thumb behind him. My attention was transfixed upon the very tall Chinese man with his hands behind his back. Blinking twice, I was screaming and jumping for utter joy in my mind, repeating over and over in my head, OH GOD IT’S ZHOUMI! ZhouMi was even more handsome in person!

I tried not to fawn over ZhouMi’s pleasant smile which was directed toward me. “And who is this?” he questioned the three.

“Mimi-gege this is _____.” Tao replied, “She’s one of the girls Kris and Luhan are friends with.”

“I see.” ZhouMi bowed. “Good afternoon. My name is--”

“ZhouMi!” I accidentally yelped as I interrupted the other, wanting very much to face-palm for being such an idiot.

ZhouMi raised an amused eyebrow. “I guess you already know who I am.” Looking around me, “I don’t see anyone else with you. Are you alone?”

Swallowing the lump in my throat, “Y-yes, I-I mean no.” Trying to stay calm while containing my fangirling, “Actually, I’m looking for someone.”

“And who might that be?”

“My sister Gwen.”

“Your sister? Do you remember where you saw her last?”

“I think so, but she probably wouldn’t be there anymore…”

“Hmm…”

ZhouMi and I were both in deep thought when Xiumin interrupted us. “Mimi-hyung? May I help _____ find her sister?”

“I don’t know if I am supposed to let you go off on your own…” ZhouMi pondered.

“PLEASE hyung? I promise I’ll take good care of her, and I’ll call you if something happens!” Xiumin whined.

Laughing at Xiumin’s ridiculous aegyo, ZhouMi, “Alright, but make sure you give me a call regardless if something happens or not so I know where you are and I can go and get you.”

“Yes Sir!” Xiumin saluted, causing me to giggle.

ZhouMi directed his attention back onto me. “It was very nice meeting you.” Whispering in my ear which made me blush from the close proximity, “Be careful with Xiumin. He’s a flirtatious beast.” he joked.

I awkwardly laughed, glancing at Xiumin who was saying his goodbyes to the other EXO-M members.

Once Lay, Tao, and ZhouMi were gone, Xiumin cheerfully smiled. “Now that it’s just the two of us, how about we have some fun?”

Tilting my head in confusion, “I thought you said we were going to find my sister?”

“More like she’ll eventually find us.” the other noticed me cross my arms and pouted. “Awe come on beautiful you’re here like everyone else to have the time of your life right?” Pouting even more and placing his hands together as if he was praying, cutely begging, “So what do you say? Pretty please with sugar on top?”

Smirking, I thought to myself there’s no way I could resist that face of his. In fact, how could anyone resist, especially when he wore one of the most adorable pouts I’ve ever seen. Replying with a sigh, “Alright.”

Excitedly, he yelped, “Yes!” the EXO-M member pulled me into a tight embrace I was not expecting, my face turning bright red and my heart racing, contemplating whether or not I should return the embrace. I decided not to for the sake of his diehard fangirls watching us and screaming BAOZI while desperately wishing it was them and not I.

Pulling away just enough to hold onto my shoulders, Xiumin, “So where do you want to go?”

“I don’t know. You decide.”

“Okay!” Xiumin gave a thumbs up once he removed his hands. “Hmm…” he thought. Suddenly, he clapped his hands once as if he had an idea. “How about we go on that mountain ride!”

Looking at him funny, “There are three. Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and The Matterhorn.”

“Is Big Thunder whatever-you-said okay? I like trains.”

Containing my laughter, “Okay.”

Power walking, he grabbed my hand and dragged me along. “Let’s go!”

I couldn’t help but think, HE’S LIKE A LITTLE KID. I smiled.

 

-----

 

My feet were beginning to hurt from being on them for so long, especially while waiting in a very long line to get on Big Thunder, not to mention Xiumin wanted to go on it twice. I tried not to show any signs of pain in my face as we exited the train coaster the second time.

“That was so much fun!” Xiumin yelled, “Where to now?”

I wanted to suggest somewhere to sit, but Xiumin ended up figuring out what we should do next as he pointed to it from the distance. “Let’s go look around in the gift shop!”

I sheepishly nodded, just wanting to sit down and rest my feet for a bit, but for some reason I couldn’t say no. Upon entering I began to look around by myself at all the souvenirs and memorabilia since Xiumin decided to go off on his own for a bit thus leaving me behind. Curiously observing some magnets and wondering which one to get my mom since she collects them, I felt two taps on my shoulder. Spinning around, I stared with an incredibly amused smirk at Xiumin wearing a fake raccoon-skinned cap, leather vest, and holding a toy gun in his right hand.

“How do I look?” Xiumin shot the gun with the cork popping out, making the “Pow!” noise as he winked.

What was I supposed to say? You look too adorable for your own good? That I want to pinch your cheeks so bad for being so cute? Or I want to kiss-- I immediately flushed that thought down the drain, figuratively speaking of course, and answered with a question. “How do YOU think you look?”

Xiumin glanced around, finding what he was looking for and taking me with him. Standing in front of a full-length mirror, he thoroughly examined himself. Grinning from ear to ear, he spun around and gave a thumbs up, shouting, “Aegyo!”

What began as a snicker became hysteric laughter as I wrapped my arms around my stomach, water building up in my eyes.

Frowning, Xiumin, “What’s so funny?”

“Nothing. It’s just that you’re so cute I can hardly contain myself!” My eyes almost popped out of their sockets as I abruptly stopped laughing when I realized what escaped my lips. Chewing my lower lip, out of the corner of eye I noticed Xiumin evilly smirking.

“So you think I’m cute eh?”

“I-I said nothing.” I quickly replied, helping him get rid of his accessories, “We should get going s-so we can find my sister.”

“Awe I thought we were having fun…” Xiumin frowned, disappointment in his voice, “Don’t you want to spend more time with me? I definitely want to spend more time with you…”

Blushing, I truthfully replied, “I AM having fun, and I would like to… Like to…” OH GOD THAT FACE AGAIN… “Oh forget it.” Smiling, “Let’s just go wherever.”

Xiumin nodded, returning the smile. “Okay.”

Walking out of the store, more like trying not to limp from my feet feeling worse, I forced myself to keep going, spotting a shooting game area that was not too crowded. Pointing to it, “Are you good at shooting games?”

Xiumin’s face lit up. “Am I! My friends call me XIUMIN THE SHARPSHOOTER!”

Raising an eyebrow, “Really?”

“Not really, but wouldn’t it be awesome if they called me that?”

I giggled. “Sure I guess.”

When we arrived I noticed there were only couples, the men showing off their skills while the girls watched in awe and cheered for them. I snickered.

“What?” Xiumin tilted his head at my snickering.

“It’s nothing.” Grabbing the rifle in front of me and handing it to Xiumin, “Here. I want to see how good XIUMIN THE SHARPSHOOTER is.”

Gulping, “Are you sure?”

“Absolutely.”

I could not help but smile when I realized Xiumin trembling a little and trying to figure out how to hold the rifle. Quickly glancing around, he awkwardly chuckled, finally holding the gun properly. Once I put the coins into the slot for the game to begin, he started shooting, missing all his potential targets. I snorted at his apparent frustration. “I thought you were good at video games?”

“I am!” Xiumin whined, “Just not shooting ones! It’s so hard!” Slouching in failure, “Disappointed?”

Sighing, “Of course not.” Trying to cheer him up and patting his shoulder, “Not everyone is good at it. Practice makes perfect.” Smirking, “Now prepare to be amazed.” Taking the rifle and putting more coins in, I positioned myself and aimed for one target, shooting it with ease. After that I hit every single target, feeling very accomplished and evilly laughing on the inside. Putting the rifle down, I grinned at the other who was clearly in a state of shock.

“I AM amazed!” Xiumin excitedly yelled, “How are you so good?!”

“You know how one of Kyuhyun’s nicknames is Game-Kyu because he always plays video games and is good at them?”

Xiumin nodded.

“It’s the same with me. My friends call me Game-_____.”

“Really?!”

I laughed. “No, but wouldn’t that be awesome if they called me that?”

“Yeah it would-- Hey!” Xiumin pursed his lips, “I said that earlier!”

Laughing even more, I added, “I know.” Putting my hands behind my back, cheekily grinning, “Besides, I had a feeling you were all talk. You wanted to impress me right?”

Xiumin’s face turned bright red as he shyly looked away. “So what if I was?”

CUTE, I thought. “Come on let’s go Xiumin.”

The two of us were on the move again, Xiumin dragging his feet with his hands in his pockets, embarrassment. I suddenly felt a pinch in my ankle and winced in pain.

Xiumin saw the pained expression on my face, immediately worrying. “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine.” I answered, wincing once more as another pinch was felt in the other ankle.

“No you’re not.” he blocked my way, stopping my movement, “Can you walk?”

“I don’t know. It hurts pretty bad, but I’ll be okay once I sit down for a while.”

Looking around, Xiumin, “I don’t see any benches or chairs nearby…” Making a motion with his hand clenched as if to say FIGHTING, “Alright then! Until we find a place for you to rest…” He trailed off, bending over a bit while gesturing to his back. “Hop on.”

Blinking twice, “W-What?”

“Get on my back.” Xiumin commanded, serious, “You obviously can’t walk right now, and I don’t want you to get worse, so please?”

There was nothing else for me to do but obey. My heart wanting to jump out my ribcage, I made my way upon the other’s back. While positioning my arms around Xiumin’s neck to where they weren’t choking him, my breath hitched when I felt hands gently grab the bottom of my thighs, placing them on his sides and holding onto them. I then heard a slight grunt. “What is it?”

“You’re so heavy! What have you been eating?”

“What was that?” I questioned, a little perturbed.

Xiumin snickered. “I’m only kidding _____. You’re actually quite light.”

I rolled my eyes. Saying right into his ear, “Shall we go?” Holding onto him tighter as I felt his legs almost give out suddenly, “D-don’t drop me!”

“S-sorry!” he stuttered, “N-not so close t-to the ear okay?!”

“Fine!” I shouted in the other direction that was not anywhere near his ear. “Let’s go!”

I felt like a nervous wreck with everyone we passed watching and staring at us as Xiumin carried me out of Frontierland.

“_____?!” I heard an all too familiar voice call my name.

Xiumin carefully turned us around and saw Gwen and… Lay?! WHAT IN THE WORLD IS SHE DOING WITH HIM?! I thought to myself as she ran to me.

“_____ are you okay?!” my sister panted, Lay right behind her, “And why is Xiumin carrying you?!”

“Well what are you doing with Lay?” I asked back.

“Looking for you of course!” Smirking, “And were you looking for me as well? Or…”

“Sh-shut up…” I blushed.

“Can I put you down now? There’s a bench over there.” Xiumin asked me. “My body is starting to ache...”

The four of us moved to a bench in front of the Mickey and Walt Disney statue. Xiumin sat me down while Gwen sat next to me.

“Was there a reason why you were carrying _____?” Lay crossed his arms, smirking.

“Her feet were hurting really bad,” Xiumin puffed his cheeks, “so I helped her.”

Just then they heard a phone ring, Lay picking it up. “Yes Mimi-gege?… Yes we found them… Okay we’re on our way… Bye.” Bowing to my sister and me, “I’m terribly sorry, but Xiumin and I have to leave now. I hope you two enjoy your time here.” Mumbling, “And hopefully see you again.”

Sad, Xiumin, “Bye bye beautiful. I had fun with the time we spent together.” His sadness was quickly replaced with a chipper mood. “Let’s bump into each other again soon!”

I chuckled. “Okay.”

Lay scratched the back of his head. “Sorry about earlier Gwen. It was my fault.”

“Don’t be.” Gwen shook her head, “Even though it was an accident I still…” She touched her lips as Lay did the same, both trying not to smile.

Xiumin and Lay both smiled and waved as they left. Turning toward my sister with pursed lips and narrowed eyes, “Okay now talk.”

“What is there to say?” my sister questioned, confused.

“Why were you with Lay when you were with Kai and Kyungsoo before?”

“… It’s kind of a long story.”

“We have plenty of time. I need to rest anyway.” Remembering something, “Wait, what did Lay apologize for?”

“… I-It was nothing…”

“Dude, I’m your sister. You tell me everything. Now tell me.”

“… We kissed.”

“… You… WHAT?!

Things just got that much more interesting.

 

 

 

--

I know EXO has many managers and crew with them, but in this fic I wanted them to have only two who act as their managers who are famous, thus ZhouMi being the one watching over EXO-M and… you’ll find out who EXO-K’s acting manager-hyung is soon haha :) God Xiumin is so cute! XD OMG how did Gwen end up with Lay, and they kissed?! *spazzes* Anyway haha I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter and please look forward to Chapter 8 as it will be Gwen explaining her and Lay’s time together leading up to finding you and Xiumin!

Thank you so much for reading, subscribing, and commenting! Love love love <3 :D