Hopes and Fears

My Fate At Disneyland

“… We kissed.”

“… You… WHAT?!

“It was an accident! Well, sort of…” Gwen mumbled.

I gawked. “Tell me everything!”

“Well…”

 

-----

 

The KaiSoo couple and I were over by New Orleans Square when I turned to say something to my sister. “Hey sis you’ve been awfully quiet--” Puzzled, I stopped walking and glanced around. “_____?”

“What’s wrong?” Kai asked, his arm drooping over his lover’s shoulders.

“Where’s my sister?”

“Wasn’t she with us the entire time?”

“I thought so too.” Kyungsoo mumbled, petting his stuffed Eeyore’s head.

Frustrated, “Where could she have gone?” Eyes wide, I had a sudden flashback of her telling me she was going to the bathroom and to wait for her. Immediately face-palming, I knew my sister missing in action was completely my fault. “Oh crap…” I groaned.

Smirking, Kai, “Are you okay? Normally when someone face-palms it usually means they did something stupid or embarrassing.”

I groaned even more, earning a chuckle from the couple.

“If it helps any,” Kai suggested, “we can always go back to where we last saw her.”

“That’s a great idea!” I exclaimed, pumping my fist.

Kyungsoo shuffled to stand in front of me, surprisingly looking at me as he didn’t quietly mumble but say, “Wouldn’t it be better to just CALL _____?”

“That too…” Kai shrugged, nestling his hands into his pockets.

Smiling, Kyungsoo, “It’s okay Jongie.” He reached up to peck his boyfriend’s cheek.

Kai was blushing like crazy while my jaw dropped. HE KISSED HIM! IN PUBLIC! I MEAN IT’S NOT REALLY A BIG DEAL IF IT’S ON THE CHEEK, BUT STILL! TOTALLY DIDN’T SEE THAT ONE COMING! I blurted in my mind as I shook my head in disbelief. “I think people are staring now.”

“Let them.” Kyungsoo grinned, “I don’t care.”

I was going to chuckle, but I blinked twice. DID HE STICK HIS TONGUE OUT AT ME?! My eyes narrowed, telling Kai, “You’re GIRLFRIEND just stuck his tongue out at me!”

Laughing, Kai ruffled Kyungsoo’s hair. “That’s Soo’s way of opening up to people. He may be shy, but he has his adorable moments. Makes me love him even more.”

Kyungsoo simply nodded, smiling with his eyes closed, making me giggle.

Just then, I tilted my head when Kai and Kyungsoo’s expressions were of shock and happiness. I felt a tap on my right shoulder, turning around and thinking it was _____, but it was… Tao?!

“Hello.” the panda smiled.

I looked behind him to spot Lay, Chen, and ZhouMi. I tried not to pass out from the tall Chinese man’s handsomeness which was even more overwhelming in person, Chen’s really cute smile, and the gorgeousness that is Lay who I happen to be in love with which no one knows about, not even my own flesh and blood sister.

ZhouMi narrowed his eyes a bit at the KaiSoo couple who were standing next to each other and secretly holding hands. “So HERE you are.” Almost scolding, “Don’t you two realize how worried you had us by running off like that?”

“Mianhe hyung…” Kyungsoo and Kai both mumbled.

Sighing, ZhouMi half-smiled. “It’s alright. Don’t do it again okay? If you want to go somewhere please ask someone first if it’s okay before leaving. We don’t want anything bad to happen to you, to anyone of us as a matter of fact. Do I make myself clear?”

The KaiSoo couple shyly nodded.

ZhouMi finally noticed me quietly standing by Tao, asking, “And who is this young lady?”

Hastily interrupting Tao before he could speak, I decided to introduce myself. “Nice to meet you.” Sticking my hand out for ZhouMi to shake, “My name is Gwen.”

Shaking my hand, “ZhouMi. Pleasure to meet you.” Gesturing to the others, “I assume you already know Tao. This is Chen and Lay.”

The two bowed, Lay looking up and smiling at me with that amazing smile of his. I looked anywhere else to hide my red face, blushing even more when I glanced at Tao’s curious smirk.

“Wait a minute,” ZhouMi thought aloud for a moment, “why does the name Gwen sound familiar?”

“MiMi-gege,” Tao got everyone’s attention, “Gwen is _____’s sister. The one that you spoke to earlier.”

“Oh that’s right I remember!” ZhouMi exclaimed.

Surprised, “You saw her?! Where?!”

“Not too long ago.” Chen chimed in, “She was by herself and was looking for you. Xiumin is with her now.”

“Do you know where they went?”

Lay began to speak, causing me to stare at the ground. Normally I am very outgoing and never shy, but he makes me nervous and giddy at the same time as if there were butterflies in my stomach, my heart pounding almost to the point where it wanted to jump out of my chest. “We don’t know. We just sort of left them.” Lay admitted.

Eyes still fixed on the ground, “I-it’s okay. I’ll go and find them.”

“We’re coming with you.” Kai raised his hand, his Soo nodding in agreement.

“I don’t think so.” ZhouMi shook his head, “You’re coming with us. Everyone is meeting in front of the main gate soon.”

“But what about Gwen?” Kai somewhat complained, “She’ll be by herself, and Xiumin is still with _____.”

ZhouMi knew Kai was right. Sighing, “True…”

“May I suggest something?” Tao smirked, glancing between Lay and me. ZhouMi nodding for Tao to go on, “Since Kai and Kyungsoo are GROUNDED,” he chuckled, “why don’t you have Lay go with Gwen?”

“W-what?” my eyes grew wide.

Tao whispered in my ear, trying not to laugh, “I know you want him to go with you. It’s pretty obvious you like him.”

“W-What are you talking about?” I blushed.

“The way you act around him is not NORMAL.” Tao laughed, “Besides, he keeps staring at you like he’s in love.”

“Seriously?” My gaze met Lay’s and I immediately shied away, looking out of the corner of my eye at him doing the same, but with a smirk on his lips.

“See what I mean?” Tao snickered. Facing ZhouMi, “Is that okay gege?”

“Okay.” the tall Chinese man gave in, “Lay go with Gwen, but as soon as you find her sister and Xiumin give me a call okay?”

Lay nodded, agreeing.

Smiling at me, ZhouMi, “It was nice meeting you and I hope you find your sister soon.”

I returned the smile, the rest of them leaving Lay and I behind, but not before Tao grinned from ear to ear at us and said, “Have fun you two.”

“Geeze Tao…” I muttered to myself as he walked away with the others.

“Let’s start looking in that direction.” Lay pointed to his left.

I agreed and we walked together, me following close behind as he led the way.

After about a half hour power-walking throughout the entire theme park, not to mention out of breath, Lay and I finally halted our search. Crossing my arms in frustration, “Where the hell could that sister of mine be? It’s not like she just disappeared off the face of the earth or something...”

“I don’t know.”  Lay panted a bit, “Maybe we keep missing her.”

“Maybe...” Looking over to my right, I couldn’t help but stare in awe of Lay who leaned his head and back against a pole with his ankles crossed, eyes closed and hands in his pockets, breathing beginning to steady. He looked absolutely gorgeous, my heart skipping a beat and breath hitching. I did not realize I was biting my lower lip until I noticed him smirking with one eye open at me. Shying away, “A-are you tired? We should take a break for a little bit.”

Lay fully opened his chocolate eyes and walked toward me. Half-smiling, “Good idea. Where would you like to go?”

“Hmm…” I thought, my index finger placed upon my glossed lips. Glancing around, I pointed with the same finger, grinning. “How about we ride It’s A Small World? It’s pretty long which will give us time to relax and be off our feet for a little while.” Giggling, “My dad calls it the NAPTIME RIDE.”

“Okay.” he agreed with a smirk.

We made our way over to the ride where there were tons of people waiting in both lines, mostly children with their parents. Luckily, the line Lay and I stood in moved fairly fast, so it didn’t take long for us to sit down in the very back of the boat. For once I wasn’t listening to the annoying but addicting ride music, but to the sound of my heart as it began to speed up from being so close to Lay that our arms and legs were touching. Face heating up, I crossed my arms, trying to pay attention to the long ride ahead of us.

During the ride I began to doze off, thinking I must have been more tired than I thought I was. Shaking my head a few times, I tried to stay awake, but unfortunately I shut my eyes, unconsciously resting my head on Lay’s shoulder. My eyes popped open as I realized what I was doing, but for some reason I couldn’t move at all. Waiting for his reaction, it suddenly became dark because we were moving into another part of the ride. He wasn’t breathing and it seemed he was also unmoving. Without warning, he tilted his head toward mine just enough to accidentally capture my lips. I quickly sat up from my previous position and stared in awe at him, he doing the same when there was light, not another word said until we left the ride.

Slowly walking next to one another I could tell Lay felt really bad about the kiss, but he shouldn’t because, in my opinion, it was the best accidental kiss EVER. I enjoyed it so much I could not stop thinking about it. I wanted to feel those lips on mine again. Since I knew there were still a few fangirls around, I searched and found a big shaded tree over by the Disney Princess theater. Trying to swallow the lump in my throat, extremely nervous, I grabbed Lay’s hand and pulled him with me to behind said tree, pinning him against it. Before he could say anything with a dumbfounded expression, I quickly shut my eyes and kissed him. My lips held onto his for a good couple of seconds before I pulled away smirking.

Surprised, Lay stuttered, “Wh-what was-- I m-mean why--?”

“That’s what you get for accidentally kissing me.”

“No.” Lay smirked back, all of a sudden locking lips with me once more, this time I kissed back, “THAT’S what I get for accidentally kissing you.”

My face was as red as an apple, staring down at my shoes while Lay put his hand on my upper arm and caressed it with his thumb.

Just then we heard a couple of screaming girls to my left, Lay and I turning to see some of his idiotic fangirls staring at us astonished and bewildered, two of them with their phones ready to snap photos of us and one with an actual camera. Lay, who I finally realized I was clutching onto the front of his T-shirt, gulped and whispered into my ear, “Let’s make a run for it.”

Nodding, we took each other’s hand and sprinted as fast as our legs could away from the girls. Glancing back, I thought, HOLY COW THEY’RE ACTUALLY FOLLOWING US?! AND THEY’RE KEEPING UP WITH THE PACE! THESE GIRLS ARE CRAZY! “Lay.” I panted while tried to escape, “We need to hide somewhere. Those girls are hardcore fans of yours.”

“Right.” Lay answered, shaking his head in disbelief.

Running through the crowds in Fantasyland, I spotted the entrance to the Sleeping Beauty castle walkthrough. Perfect. “Quick in there!” I pointed.

Lay and I hastily went inside and stood by the entryway, Lay hovering over me and peeking out. Sighing in relief, “I think we lost them. They ran in the other direction.”

We both began to laugh. Smiling, “Well that was fun.”

“Come on.” Lay chuckled, “We should go find your sister again.” He walked out of the walkthrough entrance, finally realizing he was still holding my hand. He tried to let go, but I shook my head.

“Don’t let go.” It sounded more like a demand than a plea.

To my pleasant surprise, he kept holding my hand as we moved into the middle of Disneyland where the famous Walt Disney with Mickey Mouse statue was. Right when we were walking passed it, I noticed a guy with a girl on his back, both looking incredibly familiar. I stopped my pair to stare at the two. “Hold on a sec…” With Lay eyeing me in confusion and curiosity my eyes grew wide when the girl turned her head a bit. “That’s my sister!” Letting go of the other’s hand, I called out, “_____?!”

 

 

 

--

OMG I’m finally updating this haha heck yes! XD And there you have it haha the interesting and cute events from Gwen’s point of view leading up to finding you! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I hope you look forward to reading Chapter 9 as you and Gwen will discover Jane and Kris in a very interesting situation haha and BaekYeol will be in it as well XD

Thanks for reading, subscribing, and commenting! <3 and hugs~