Thunder and Lightning

My Fate At Disneyland

 

It seemed like forever and a day Xiumin and I’s lips were latched onto each other’s. Without realizing at first, we ended up in a different position, my arms s around his neck while he lifted me slightly off the ground, the two of us smiling into the kiss. THIS FEELS RIGHT. I thought, my nervousness replaced with sheer happiness. Finally letting go, we gazed deeply into one another’s eyes, Xiumin cupping my face and gently planting his lips upon mine once more, my hands instinctively clutching onto the front of his shirt as I closed my eyes.

Tilting my head, I tried not to giggle as I noticed Xiumin’s water-filled eyes. “Are you crying?”

“O-Of course not!” he violently shook his head out of embarrassment, “M-My eyes are just watery that’s all!”

I kissed his cheek, smiling, causing Xiumin to touch his cheek. “It’s cute.”

“Not as cute as you Tink.” he winked.

Our lips almost met again, but we heard someone clear their throats, finally realizing the others were still around us, some of them with amused looks on their faces while others shielded their eyes, especially Baekhyun trying to pry his lover’s hands away from his eyes, and Kai covering both he and Kyungsoo’s.

“Excuse me.” Leeteuk, the one who cleared his throat, snickered, “But can you continue your little scene in private? We would all like to have something to eat soon.”

The two of us shyly stepped away from each other, quickly apologizing to everyone, continuing to move wherever the acting manager-hyungs want to go. Chen immediately grabbed Xiumin and threw an arm around his shoulders, both of them turning their heads toward me, Chen giving me a thumbs up while Xiumin shyly smiled, treading closely behind ZhouMi and Leeteuk who talked amongst themselves, everyone else including myself following.

“That was an interesting way of choosing.” a voice teased, turning to spot Kris with his arm s around Jane’s waist.

“I agree.” Jane nodded, “What made you do that?”

“I figured that was the only way. If I simply blurted out who I like more they probably wouldn’t believe me.”

“I think they would have.” Gwen stepped in grinning, followed by Lay’s signature dimple smile as he pretended to understand everything being said, “But I think blatantly kissing him in front of everyone was so much better!”

“I’m so proud of you!” Luhan linked arms with me, “You finally chose!” Giggling, “I had a feeling you would pick him. Even though you really liked Suho in the beginning I could tell you and Xiumin had more chemistry together, not to mention you spent more time with him.”

“The way you went about it was very subtle.” Sehun sarcastically commented, smirking.

“I know right?!” Chanyeol yelped, “I had to cover my Baek’s innocent and beautiful eyes!”

“Who said you could?” Baekhyun pursed his lips.

Chanyeol exaggerated his gasp, hand on his chest. “You’re not so innocent after all?!”

“We’re both grown men dummy.” Blushing, Baekhyun, “Besides, we have done things together like…” he trailed off.

Flustered, Chanyeol scratched the back of his head. “Oh yeah huh…”

A sigh of relief left Luhan. “Thank you for not oversharing.”

“That’s what I was hoping for…” Gwen muttered to herself, disappointed.

“What will happen with Joonmyun?” Kyungsoo blurted, him and Kai walking behind us.

“You should do some damage control.” Kai sighed.

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow, slightly swinging his Eeyore stuffed animal back and forth as he moved. “I do not think it’s that bad.”

“You really think so Soo?” Kai pointed with his thumb at Suho being comforted by Tao, clearly depressed with his head hanging low and frowning, “Feel bad yet-- Ouch.”

“That’s not nice.” Kyungsoo slapped his boyfriend’s arm.

“Mianhe.”

“O-Of course I do…” I chewed on my lower lip, “I feel terrible…”

“It was unavoidable.” Sehun stated, the rest agreeing, “You had a decision to make which caused one guy to be happy while the other sad wishing you had chosen him.”

I glanced at Xiumin who was grinning from ear to ear speaking to a very thrilled Chen, catching him looking at me and shyly waving, me soon returning the wave. My smile, however, turned upside-down when I looked upon Suho once more. The EXO-K leader tried to smile, but it dissipated when Tao gently patted his back and nodded. I knew I had to do something, to make things alright between us even if it was to stay friends, but as I tried approaching him we all came to a sudden halt, directing our attention toward Leeteuk who clapped his hands three times.

“Listen up people!” Leeteuk exclaimed, “I heard about an amazing restaurant in the Downtown Disney area called Rainforest Café, so we are going to eat there!”

Jane, Gwen, and Kris’ eyes suddenly lit up, grinning from ear to ear as Kris and Jane held hands while pacing away from the group, my sister closely following dragging a confused Lay with her, me shaking my head in disbelief and chuckling at their excitement.

Glaring, “And where do you think you’re going?!” ZhouMi yelled after the four.

“Rainforest Café!” the three ecstatically replied without looking back.

The rest of the EXO members, me, ZhouMi, and Leeteuk all amusingly followed the four, Lay still confused as he scratched the back of his head.

“What’s with all the excitement?” A voice next to me snickered, looking at Xiumin who immediately grasped my hand, noticing Chen smirking at us out of the corner of his eye as he walked next to his best friend.

Smiling, “My best friend, Gwen, and Kris are eager to eat at Rainforest Café just like I am.”

Xiumin tilted his head. “Is it a nice place?”

“You’ll see when we get there.”

We finally arrived at the restaurant after walking about twenty minutes since it was near the front of Downtown Disney, most of EXO staring in awe of the very large rune-temple building, the four immediately moving inside to put a name on the seating list.

“This place looks amazing.” Xiumin’s mouth stood ajar.

“Wait until you go inside.” I smiled.

“I remember going once to a place like this when I was a kid.” Chen commented.

“Me too.” Luhan added, Sehun holding him from behind, “But sadly it closed down before I could go again.”

As soon as we entered the building I could hear some gasps and wows coming from the group. The place was rainforest-themed, a variety of plants and wildlife everywhere, some animatronic animals here and there, in the middle a small area with a plethora of different merchandise, and a bar to the left. We soon spotted Lay, Gwen, Kris, and Jane at the elephant head counter where a hostess stood, walking toward them. “How long is the wait?” I asked.

“Fifteen minutes.” Kris replied, “Not too bad for seventeen people.”

Xiumin got an idea of what we were talking about, deciding to pull me toward the souvenirs. “Let’s have a look around!”

“Go be with your man, dude!” Gwen shouted, “I’ll be with mine!”

“Thanks.” I snickered.

Just then Xiumin picked up a mug shaped like a frog. “Most of the stuff here has to do with frogs...” he thought aloud.

“That’s because the frog is the restaurant’s main logo.” I nodded, glancing over the shot glasses next to the mugs.

“I see…” Coming up with an idea, “How about you pick something and I buy it for you?”

“What?” I was surprised, “You don’t have to do that.”

“I really want to.” he kissed my cheek, “You’re my girl.”

Shying away, I could not help but blush at the statement. “Okay.” I agreed in the end.

“Alright!” the EXO-M member cheered, not letting go of my hand while I made my way through the place.

It did not take long for me to find something I really liked. It was not large or extravagant, but rather small and cute. Taking it, I held it out for Xiumin to see.

“Really?” Xiumin raised an eyebrow, “A stuffed animal?”

Frowning a bit, “It’s not just a stuffed animal, but a GECKO stuffed-animal that shines blue and green. Cute right?”

With a sigh, the other smiled. “I guess so.” Embracing me and gently pressing his lips against mine, “Still not as cute as you though.” Grabbing my animal he began to walk away. “I’ll be right back so don’t move okay?”

I nodded, eyeing the shirts hanging on the wall in front of me.

“May we talk for a moment?” I suddenly heard a voice from behind me say, “Privately?”

I spun around to find Suho half-smiling, feeling a bit nervous. “O-Okay…”

After a moment of awkward silence between us, Suho took a deep breath. “I want to know why you chose Minseok over me.”

“To be honest,” I confessed everything from the beginning, “I liked you before I met you.”

“Oh really?” Suho smirked, “Were you stalking me?”

“N-Nothing like that!” I defended myself, face heating up, “Wh-When I first saw EXO’s debut online!” Nervously clearing my throat, “Anyway, I wasn’t expecting to meet you let alone all of EXO. Just being near you made me a nervous wreck, and then you began to notice me.” Fiddling with my fingers while staring at the floor beneath my feet, “But then I met Min and we started spending time together, having so much fun in doing so. My feelings began to change from liking you to liking you both, having to make a decision to choose who I really want to be with. The two of you are somewhat opposite; you being kind, caring, and mature while Min was exciting, outgoing, and a blast to hang out with. He also admitted how he feels about me.”

“I also told you how I felt, how I still feel. That will not change for quite some time.” Realizing something, Suho hung his head low as he tried to smile. “It’s obvious you told Minseok you like him, but I don’t recall you telling me.”

“Whenever I wanted to I was either too nervous or we were interrupted before I could. I even managed to tell Min about liking you.”

“I see… So you could tell him but not me?”

“And for that I am so sorry.” I bit my lower lip, “I feel like I can tell him everything, being more comfortable and open with him rather than nervous all the time.”

“You know you can tell me anything and everything too…”

“You’re also very overprotective and possessive.”

Suho blinked twice. “Am I really like that?”

“It’s as if you kept me from talking or being with the others most of the time, not wanting me to leave your side for a second. And you would get very angry whenever I was with Min.”

Sighing, Suho nodded. “I am sorry you felt that way. I guess I wanted you all to myself, especially with Minseok also pining after you, letting jealousy get the best of me I admit.” Placing his hands atop my shoulders, “As much as it somewhat pains me to say this, I accept your decision.”

Tilting my head, “So you’re not mad?”

“At first I was,” Suho admitted, smiling, “but I could never be mad at such an amazing person like you.” Grasping my hands. “I want you to know that if you are happy I am too, and we should be friends, if you would like.”

Returning the smile, “Of course Suho.”

He frowned a bit. “You can still call me Joonmyun.”

“Joonmyunnie?” I suggested.

Face as red as a tomato, “I-I think Joonmyun will suffice.”

The two of us began to laugh, relieved.

Stuffing his hands into his pockets, Suho walked away snickering. “He’s a good guy and I know he likes you very much just by the way he looks at you, but if he ever upsets you in any way he will have a pissed off EXO-K leader to deal with.”

Also snickering, I smiled knowing everything worked out. Then I watched Xiumin approach me with a grin plastered across his face, handing me a small bag while kissing my cheek. “Ta-da!”

“Thank you.” I held said bag, “I just spoke with Joonmyun.”

His face was suddenly expressionless. “… What did he want?”

“He wanted to know why I chose you over him.”

Xiumin smirked. “I’m curious as to what exactly you said.”

Chuckling, “Well, I told him you are very outgoing and fun to be with, and that I’m comfortable around you.”

Xiumin playfully pouted. “You forgot to mention CHARMING,” he winked, “not to mention a GOOD KISSER.”

Blushing, “Umm… I don’t think that would have been appropriate to say.” Shaking the impure thoughts out of my mind, “A-Anyway, he accepts my decision and we’re friends.”

“Well good he should accept it, especially losing to me.” the other snorted.

“Min.” my eyes narrowed.

Wrapping his arms around my waist, Xiumin, “I’m only kidding. He’s a good guy.”

“That’s what he told me about you.” I smiled.

“Did he now?” he returned the smile.

Nodding, I suddenly heard a ding ding, Xiumin removing one hand to retrieve his phone from his pocket, quickly sliding his thumb over said phone and smirking, mumbling, “Never.”

“What was that?”

He shook his head, returning his cellular phone into his pocket. “It’s nothing to worry about.”

“Sure.” I smirked, catching a glimpse of what was on his screen before he put the phone away. It was a text message from Suho saying Don’t you dare hurt her.

“Now,” Xiumin suddenly pulled me closer, startling me a bit, “where were we?”

“Can you show more public displays of affection?” Xiumin and I slowly turned our heads toward an amused and grinning Luhan being sarcastic.

“Speak for yourselves.” I smirked, pointing between the HunHan couple who had their arms around each other’s waists while Sehun whispered what I assumed were sweet nothings into Luhan’s ear by the redness of Luhan’s face, “Shouldn’t you be hiding your relationship?”

“Nah it’s okay.” Luhan lifted his shoulders up and down, “Hunnie and I really don’t care anymore, plus our fans will think it’s fanservice.” Chuckling, “The way you two are the fans will definitely think otherwise.”

We immediately parted, me shyly clutching onto my bag, Xiumin embarrassingly scratching the back of his head as he awkwardly laughed.

All of a sudden, the entire place began to roar with thunder, the lights flickering to simulate lightning, sounds of animals and a couple of animatronics being frightened over what was happening. The lights then shut of completely for a split second, hearing a girlish squeal of horror until said lights came back on, everything calm once more. Everyone, including me, tried to contain their laughter when they discovered the shrill came from Chanyeol by the way he practically smothered Baekhyun almost to the point where he couldn’t breathe, soon apologizing while Baekhyun called him a moron.

I looked over at Xiumin who I finally realized was tightly grasping my hand and breathing heavily. “Are you alright?”

“Yeah.” Xiumin reassured me, “I’m not too fond of the dark.”

“Me too.” I spoke the truth, “But I’m here so there’s nothing to be afraid of right?”

Turning his head, he blinked twice, redness apparent in his cheeks. “O-Okay.”

Just then Kris, Jane, Gwen, and Lay approached, Kris gesturing to come with them. “Let’s eat!”

“Yes!” Luhan excitedly yelped, dragging Sehun with him, “I’m starving I can eat a whole pig!”

“And it will go right to your thighs.” Sehun commented, chuckling.

Everyone was soon seated at four square tables put together with seventeen chairs surrounding. I sat at far left end of the table, Xiumin to my right and Gwen to my left, Chen next to Xiumin followed by Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kai, Kyungsoo, Suho, Tao, Sehun, Luhan, ZhouMi, Leeteuk, Kris, Jane, and Lay. Once our food arrived about a half an hour later after ordering, I could not help but smile as I looked around the tables at everyone as I ate. Luhan and Sehun were basically feeding each other, Kyungsoo was feeding Kai most of the time, Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he kept cleaning up Chanyeol’s messes while Chanyeol happily took huge bites of his pasta, Tao and Suho talked the entire time about everything and anything they could think of as they stuffed their mouths with food, ZhouMi kept quiet most of the time so that he may enjoy his food, Kris, Gwen, Jane, and Lay kept laughing about something, and Leeteuk hummed a random tune as he ate. Chen was questioning Xiumin about he and I’s times together, wanting to know every little detail, Xiumin playing with my fingers under the table the whole time, me blushing.

With dinner finished we all decided to walk back toward the parks through Downtown Disney. Along the way, while holding Xiumin’s hand and walking alongside my sister and Luhan behind, I began to watch some of the others in front of me conversing over their meals.

“I’m so full.” Chanyeol loudly groaned.

“Me too.” Kai added, rubbing his stomach, “That was so delicious.”

“Of course you’re full Channy.” Baekhyun crossed his arms, shaking his head in disbelief, “Not only did you eat everything on your plate, but you ate half of my burger and the rest of my fries as well.”

“How do you manage to not gain any weight?” Kyungsoo questioned, soothingly rubbing Kai’s back.

“It’s called WORKING OUT Soo.” Kai and Chanyeol made poses to show off their arms.

“And yet I do not see that much muscle.” Baekhyun teased, “I wonder why that is?”

“Oh really?” Kai smirked, lifting up his shirt to show off his carved-to-perfection abs, “How about now?” When he watched Chanyeol’s jaw drop, Kyungsoo chew on his lower lip, and Baekhyun’s eyes grow wide, “Thought so.” he pulled his shirt down, satisfied with their reactions.

I was only able to catch a glimpse of Kai because Xiumin covered my eyes and told me to either look away or look at his abs. LET ME SEE PLEASE! I squealed in my mind, but in the end I chose to look away.

We then halted our steps as soon as we were in the middle of the two theme parks, I noticed the sky getting darker, realizing, sadly, the day was almost over.

“The day is almost over.” Luhan depressingly sighed, stepping in-between Xiumin and I to link arms with me, “Our time together is almost over…”

“Any last requests?” Sehun added, gently patting the top of his boyfriend’s head.

“There is one…” I remembered, glancing at Suho who was speaking to Leeteuk and ZhouMi, “Let’s watch World of Color.”

“World of what?”

“A really cool water and light show in Paradise Pier at California Adventures.” Gwen chimed in.

“That sounds great!” Luhan chirped, shaking me a bit, “You should tell Leeteuk-hyung and ZhouMi-gege!”

That I did. I walked right up to them with the rest of us closely following, speaking when the three noticed me. “M-May we watch World of Color? I think it will be a great way to end a wonderful day.”

“So do I.” Leeteuk agreed, smiling, “But why if I may ask?”

Gulping, I pointed to Suho, half-smiling. “Because I promised Joonmyun we would watch it together whether or not I chose him.”

“Y-You’re keeping your promise?” Suho blinked twice, clearly surprised.

I simply nodded.

“I object!” Xiumin raised his hand, glaring at Suho as he stepped in front of me.

“Min. Please.” I turned Xiumin around, holding his hands in mine. “It’s you who is with me now.” I reassured him, “That won’t change.”

Sighing, “Alright.” Xiumin suddenly smirked. “But I will be right beside you too just in case GRAMPS decides to try anything funny.”

“Obviously not while you are around BAOZI.” Suho returned the smirk.

A PROMISE IS A PROMISE. I nodded, me, Gwen, and Jane leading everyone toward World of Color.

 

 

 

--

Finally Chapter 19 finished! Took longer than I expected X/ So now you are with Xiumin which is yay for him but poor Suho… well at least you two were able to stay friends :) And I LOVE Rainforest Café (mostly because it’s so freakin cool haha)! Anyway I hope you enjoyed reading Chapter 19 and hope you look forward to the next!

I can’t thank you enough for reading, subscribing, and commenting :)