It's A Small World After All

My Fate At Disneyland

 

 

Walking through Downtown Disney was no easy task. Crowds of people were either traveling through the walkway or eating at the restaurants that were open early for breakfast. We three had to link arms to make our way to the entrance of the park.

Standing in line waiting for Disneyland to open, we began to notice something peculiar.

“Is it just me or are there a whole lot more Asians than usual?” Gwen asked.

“You’re right.” Jane added, agreeing, “And they’re mostly girls… Darn…”

Adjusting my glasses, “Is there a huge event or something going on today that we don’t know about?”

Finally, the gates opened and the line began to move. All of a sudden, we see girls ecstatically taking their phones and cameras out to start taking pictures around us.

“They must think we’re famous!” Gwen grinned.

Jane and I laughed in disbelief at my idiotic sister as she was beginning to make funny poses, but soon we began to realize the attention was not on us but directly behind us.

I glanced at the time on my phone, and I was going to ask Jane a question until I heard chuckling. Instead I asked her, “Hey Jane who’s--” Stopping myself from speaking further I saw Jane stiffen, her eyes gesturing at the guy standing right behind her.

The guy was tall and skinny, very handsome with puffy lips and light skin, and… Oh. My. God. Kris?! From EXO-M?! I looked around him and quickly recognized the other members as both EXO-K and EXO-M.

Shying away, I mumbled to Jane, “Why the hell are they here?”

Gwen, still being silly with her poses, was completely oblivious to her surroundings. She blinked twice when I tugged at her shirt, a bit irritated. “What?”

“He’s laughing at you.” I told my sister.

“Who?” Gwen tilted her head.

“Kris.”

“Kris who?”

“EXO-M.”

Crossing her arms in disbelief, Gwen, “Yeah right and I’m the Queen of Sheba.”

I stepped out of my sister’s way so she could see for herself.

I didn’t know Gwen’s eyes could become that wide as her face turned bright red while finally noticing EXO talking amongst themselves, Kris with an amused look on his face as he stared right at her. “Why the hell are they here?”

Raising an eyebrow at my sister, “That’s what I said.”

“Concert.” A voice spoke rather deeply.

Shocked, we both stared in awe at Kris who was now smiling.

“Did he just speak to us?” Gwen whispered, “And in English?”

“Dude he’s from Canada remember? He’s fluent in English.” I answered.

Kris laughed. “You girls are so funny.” He moved closer to us, the fans screaming and whining that he was actually talking to us, some of the other members eyeing him curiously as to what he was doing having a conversation with complete strangers who happened to be girls. “Sisters?”

“Y-Yes.” I hesitated.

Smirking, Kris, “What are your names?”

I realized he was trying to relieve some awkward tension between us. I smiled. “My name’s _____.”

“I’m Gwen.” my sister waved.

“Nice to meet you two. I’m--”

“Kris!” Gwen squealed, soon covering in embarrassment.

“Gwen!” I snapped at her, also embarrassed. Beginning to apologize to Kris, “Sorry about that… We already know who you are…”

“That’s okay.” Kris chuckled, “You aren’t crazy stalker fans are you?”

I quickly waved my hands in front of my chest. “N-No! We love to listen to your music and watch you guys perform, but we won’t follow you or anything like that!”

Somewhat relieved, Kris grinned. “Cool.”

Gwen, Kris, and I laughed.

Kris noticed the frozen and blank-stare Jane, pointed with his thumb. “Is she your friend?”

I waved my hand in front of my best friend’s face. “Snap out of it Jane.”

“Jane huh?” Kris smirked, “Can I try?”

“Sure, I guess.” I replied, interested at what he could possibly do-- Oh he’s leaning into Jane and saying her name into her ear, and wow his voice is like velvet!

Jane jumped in surprise and turned to meet face to face with Kris, both their eyes wide at the almost contact of their lips.

All of the girls around were screaming at the scene, both Gwen and I dropping our jaws.

Just then, someone cleared their throat while tapping Kris’ shoulder. That someone happened to be Tao. He yanked Kris away from Jane and spoke to Kris, surprisingly in English. “Come on loverboy.” Pointing to a much shorter line where the rest of the members with their managers were heading, “Let’s go.” Tao bowed apologetically to us and dragged Kris.

Kris seemed somewhat disappointed as he sighed and waved at us, shyly scratching the back of his head and mouthing to Jane, “Bye.”

I shook my incredibly red best friend back to reality as she gently touched her ear which was whispered into by her bias in EXO. “Did that just happen?” Jane asked, dumbfounded.

Now you finally say something?!” Gwen snapped, “You and Kris, Kris, almost kissed!”

Nudging Jane I . “I think he likes you.”

Blushing even more, Jane shook her head. “Th-Th-That’s ridiculous! He’s an idol!” Shrugging, “Besides, he would never go for an ordinary White girl like me…”

“You never know.” I grinned.

The three of us finally noticed we were at the front of the line, so we took out our tickets and used them to enter Disneyland, receiving death glares from some girls around us. I laughed and ignored them, wondering if we were going to see EXO again.

I was so right.


 

 

 

--

First chapter done! Don’t worry, there will be a ton more interactions with the other EXO members in the chapters to come, including budding romances, friendships, jealousy, and fangirling which some pairings will actually be true! I hoped you enjoyed this chapter! :)

Please comment and let me know what you think! Thanks and much love! :D