A Will

ME VS STRANGER

Shinhye POV

Now, I and that annoying man sitting side by side in the hospital cafeteria. There is Mr. Kim, a lawyer for Appa, in front of us. He asked us to talk. It seems to be very important.

"All right, Park Shinhye and Lee Donghae. I will immediately notify this information to you," said Mr. Kim.

"So, a few months ago, before Mr. Park coma, he had written a will." Mr. Kim reached into her purse and pulled out a paper.

"In this letter, it is said that if Mr. Park was leaving, then the house, all of wealth and company shares will be distributed to Park Shinhye and Lee Donghae, in case you should increase the company's profit within five months first. If within five months one of you can increase its profit then you can get the legacy. "

I began to understand what he said. But, what did I just hear? This man also inherited my father?

"I'm sorry, so it means my father wanted us to compete to get the legacy?" I asked, confused.

"Absolutely," said Mr. Kim.

"So what happens if one of us succeed? What if my father wakes up before any of us win? "

"If like that, it depends on your own deal. Do you want to share the wealth or want to take it all. And if Mr. Park wakes up, then the competition will be terminated. "

I couldn’t believe what I’ve just heard. So, I have to compete with this man? But how could he possibly get Appa’s legacy?

I glanced at the man beside me. He looked as confused as me. Who was this man? Why he could inherit Appa?

"Mr. Kim, there is one more question. How could he get my father's legacy? "I asked, pointing at him. I could feel him looking at me.

"Look. Although Lee Donghae has no blood relationship with Mr. Park, but he has been considered Lee Donghae as his child. For four years, Lee Donghae was the one who accompanied Mr. Park and take care of him," said Mr. Kim.

Oh, was it like that? So, that stranger has replaced my position, and then try to get Appa’s legacy? Huh. Just see. I wouldn’t let him to get it. Actually I didn’t interest in wealth at all. But, I won’t my father’s legacy fell into the wrong hands. This man could have been nice to Appa because he just wants the wealth. That often happens in television drama.

"Well, Mr. Kim. I accept the challenge from Appa. I will try to increase its profit for five months, " I said heartily. I could feel him looking at me again.

Donghae POV

My head filled with a lot of questions. Why did Mr. Park write my name on his will? I think my kindness to Mr. Park didn’t exceed his kindness to me. I thought I didn’t deserve it.

"Well, Mr. Kim. I accept the challenge from Appa. I will try to increase its profit for five months, " she said suddenly.

I looked at the girl. Shocked by her sudden words.

"I think the stranger is just a stranger. We didn’t know whether the stranger is really sincere or not. Legacy is better gotten by his family, right? " said Shinhye again.

Aish. This girl really. So, she thought that I care about Mr. Park just because of the wealth?

"Park Shinhye-ssi. So, did you mean  I'm just looking for the wealth?" I asked with a little emotion.

"I didn’t say like that," she argued.

This girl is becoming increasingly annoying. Did she the one who cares about the wealth? Why did she mad because my name had written in the will? Where had she been when her father sick? I really couldn’t stand it.

"Mr. Kim. I also accept the challenge from Mr. Park. I think it’s not necessarily if his own family could take care of the company as well. Especially if that person had no experience at all in managing the company," I didn’t want to lose by her. Shinhye looked at me sharply.

"Ah, ne. Because both of you agreed, you can directly compete starting tomorrow. Tomorrow I will also discuss this with Deputy Director Jung. Alright then. See you tomorrow," Mr. Kim said goodbye.

I noticed Mr. Kim until he disappeared behind the door. Shinhye also moved away. She also glanced at me before leaving.

Shin Hye POV

Ding Dong.

I pressed the bell so many times but no one answer. Aish. It’s so cold outside.

Soon after, a white Audi A6 came into the courtyard. It’s the car that I used before. Is it Lee Dong Jae’s or Lee Dong Gae’s car? Whatever his name. I snort when I saw the owner of the car went out. He walked past me. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a house key.

Oh, yeah. He also lived in our house. He went inside and I followed him. But wait. I thought I have forgotten about something. Ah, my suitcase! I just left it outside before I went to the hospital! But it wasn’t here anymore. Aigoo, what should I do? I got panic.

"Your suitcase is in your room. I took it befor we went to the hospital," the man said as if he reading my mind.

"Oh, really?" I said with relief.

I went up to my room. My room was on the second floor. As soon as I opened the bedroom door, I was surprised. Apparently, nothing has changed. All layout objects are like before I left home. A canopied bed, the beige painted walls, the books on the desk, even the clothes in the closet was nothing changed.

I looked at the frame on the table. There was a picture of me and Appa when I just graduated from high school. I remember in that time, Appa was so happy because I graduated with good score. But I'm sure a few days later, Appa was not smiling anymore. Because few days after graduation, I left the house.

Appa, I'm sorry. If I had back to the past, I would have try to be a good daughter for you. My tears fell down again. Ah, Park Shinhye. You shouldn’t like this. Appa definitely didn’t want to see me cry. I feel tired until I finally fell asleep.

When I woke up, I could smells something like a dishes. I went down. I saw that annoying man was cooking in the kitchen.

"Do you cooking?" I asked bluntly.

"What do you think? Am I look like shaving my hair?" he answered without looking at me. He is busy stirring the pan.

"Tsk. I know." I sat at the dining chairs. I secretly watched him cooking. It seems that he has experienced in cooking.

"Why are you looking at? Don’t expect me to give you this dish," he said curtly.

"Yah, you think I'm willing to eat your dish? Don’t think that your dish is better than mine," I said harshly.

He didn’t reply my words. Huh, just see. My dish is definitely more delicious than yours!

Then quiet. The atmosphere become awkward. I tried to chat with him.

"Lee Donghae, I'm already back. Why don’t you go away from this house? I will take care of Appa. "

He stopped stirring and glanced at me. I was so uncomfortable being stared like that.

"I ... don’t trust you. I feel like you just bother Mr. Park. So I'm not going to go from this house." After said that he return to his cooking.

Hold on. What did he say just now? He did not believe me? Huh. Who did he think he is?

"Yah, Lee Donghae! Who do you think you are, huh?! You are stranger! You can’t ... " I dind’t finish my words because something furry touching my feet. I looked down.

"KYAAA. WHAT’S THAT? GET IT OUT! QUICKY! " I jumped onto the chair.

"Why?" He asked curiously. He checked under the table.

"Bada-ah. Why are you playing under the table? Come and play with hyung." He carried the creature. I just stared in horror.

“YAH, LEE BONG HAE! GET THAT MONSTER OUT! QUICKLY!" I cried.

"Yah, what did you say?? Monster?? Hey, Bada is the cutest dog in this world, you know?? Anyway my name is Lee Donghae! Don’t try to change my name!" He mad.

"Ah, whatever. Just get it out, please!"

Donghae took that creature away. Soon after he returned.

"Where did you put it?"

"I’ve put outside. He will not bother you,"he said.

I heaved a sigh of relief. "Lee Donghae, who allow you to bring a dog into this house?"

"Your father." Donghae said as he ate his cooking.

"MWO? Appa allowed you? Did he forget that I don’t like animals?" I looked at him in disbelief.

"I don’t know. When I asked permission to bring Bada home, your father allowed it. Sometimes even your father playing with Bada. "

"Really? Oh. How poor he is. He must be so lonely all this time so he played with that monster." I imagine my father came running, throwing freesbee to the dog.

"Park Shinhye, stop calling Bada monster, please. He will be sad if he hear you," said Donghae. He glanced at me.

"I don’t care," I replied curtly. He did not reply to my words. He just looked at me cynically as he continued eating. It looks delicious. Then my stomach sounded. It so loud enough so Donghae stared at me.

"Are you hungry?" said Donghae. I nodded, hoping he would offer his food. He looked at his food and then looked at me.

"Just cook by yourself! You said your cooking is better than mine!" he said curtly as he continued eating.

Aarggh. How rude he was!