Failed

ME VS STRANGER

Shinhye POV

“Lalalala…” I entered my home while singing.

Yeah. I and Kyuhyun just brought a beautiful couple ring. I’m really really happy right now. But there was something. I wonder why he didn’t give it to me yet. But it’s okay. Maybe he will give it next time.

When I was going up stair, I saw Donghae watching TV. I couldn’t help to greet him.

“Donghae-ssi, have you eat your lunch?” I asked him nicely.

“Hm,” he answered without seeing me.

“I bought some jajangmyeon. Do you want it?”

“No,” he replied coldly.

Hey, what’s wrong with him? Did he just reject me?

“Nevermind. I will put it on dinning table. You can take it if you want.” I left him.

When I entered my room, my phone was vibrating. I’ve got one message.

 

From : Cho Kyuhyun

Shinhye-ssi, thanks for accompanying me today. Btw, do you have time again tomorrow?

 

I smiled. Does he want to ask me for date?

 

To : Cho Kyuhyun

It’s okay. It was my pleasure to accompany you. Of course yes. :)

 

The message sent. A few minutes later I’ve got one message again.

 

From : Cho Kyuhyun

Can you come to France Restaurant near my office? I have something important to talk about.

 

Omo. Something important? Did he want to propose me? Yeah!

 

To : Cho Kyuhyun

Ne. I will meet you there. See you soon. :)

 

I sleep as I smiled. I can’t wait tomorrow comes.

*

The next day

I arrived at France Restaurant. This restaurant was really nice. Sweet Kyuhyun. He knew such a romantic place to propose a girl.

I looked for Kyuhyun. Then I saw him in a table beside window. I approached him.

“Kyuhyun-ssi.”

“Shinhye-ssi. Have your seat please,” he asked. I smiled.

“Kyuhyun-ssi, what’s important thing do you want to talk about?”

He smiled.

“Um, I wanna say thanks to you because you choose a beautiful couple ring,” he answered.

“Nevermind. But is just that you want to talk about?”

“No. I have any else. I want to…”

Aigoo. I felt nervous. Is it a girl’s feeling when her boyfriend proposed for engagement?

“I want to get married next month,” he said.

What? We will get married nexth month? Hey, it’s too fast. But it’s okay. The deadline of my competition is getting closer. Our company will corporate soon, right?

“Yeah. I agree. I’m happy too,” I said happily.

“Are you happy? Thanks. I will introduce you to her then,” he smiled.

My smile disappeared. Wait. Did he say ‘I will introduce you to her’? What’s meaning of ‘her’?

“T-to her?”

“Ne. My fiancé was study abroad. She is so busy. That’s why I ask you to accompany me to look for a couple ring. She will come here next Monday. I will introduce you to her later.”

“So, y-you have fiancé?”

“Ne. And we will get married next month. I hope you can come to our wedding ceremony,” he smiled again.

Oh no. It feels like I’m going to faint.

Donghae POV

It was already night. Shinhye didn’t come home yet. Where was she going? I have call her number but she didn’t answer. I was so worried. Suddenly, the main door opened. Shinhye appeared with a pale face.

“Where did you go?” I asked her.

“Nowhere,” she answered softly. She was going upstair.

“Yah, are you sick again?” I followed her.

“No.” She stepped on stairs without seeing me.

“Your face is pale. Should I call a doctor?”

She turned back.

“Please, Lee Donghae. Leave me alone,” she said softly.

“O-Okay then.” I stop following her.

Tsk. What a weird girl. She looked very happy yesterday and now she looked so weak. I really couldn’t understand her.

*

It was already two days since Shinhye came with her pale face. I never see her go down stair since that time. I wonder what things that made her acted like that.

I was having my breakfast when Shinhye went down stair. She wear casual outfit. Seemed like she didn’t going to work again.

“Park Shinhye, don’t you go to work again?” I asked her.

“No.” she said as she was going to outside.

“Where are you going?”

“Hospital. I go first.” After saying that, she left.

Why did she wants to go to hospital? For check up? Aish, Lee Donghae. Why did you even care about it? But I admit, I was so worried about her.

When I was busy with my mind, suddenly I heard a ringtone. I thought it was Mr.Park’s cell phone. I went to his room.

I’m right. It’s Mr.Park’s cell phone. Who was calling him right now? I checked it. Actually there’s no one calling. It just a reminder. I decided to check that reminder.

Reminder :

My baby Shinhye’s birthday

So… today is her birthday? I thought that was the reason why she went to the hospital. She wanted to celebrate her birthday with his father. Poor Shinhye. She must be feel lonely right now. Should I celebrate her birthday?

*

I was really confused. There were many kinds of birthday cake in front of me now. What cake should I choose? Cheesecake? Or tiramisu? I even didn’t know which one Shinhye likes. Then, a clerk came to me.

"Excuse me, what kind of cake do you want? Maybe I can help you." The clerk offered help to me.

Maybe she was uncomfortable to see me standing almost an hour in front of display window. Ha. It's your shop’s fault. Why did they make so many kind of cakes?

"Um… I’m looking for a birthday cake for someone. I don’t know which one should I choose," I said.

"Well, you definitely want to buy a birthday cake for your girlfriend, right?" She smiled and then walked to the display window. I coughed.

"How about this?" She pointed to a chocolate with strawberries pieces on the top. It looked delicious.

 

                                                       

 

"All right. I choose this one. " After paid it, I went to the hospital.

I glanced occasionally at the plastic bag on the seat next to me while driving. I wonder if Shinhye will love this cake. How is her expression after seeing this cake? What if she doesn’t like this cake? Aish. Why was I so nervous?

Shinhye POV

It’s been two days since I heard a shocking statement from Kyuhyun. I haven’t go down stair since that time besides having my meals. Even I didn’t go to work. I just bemoaned my fate alone. Yeah. I hate my self. Why I was so overconfidence to think that Kyuhyun likes me too? I’ve never been ask him if he has a girlfriend or not. Stupid me. Now, how can I face Donghae again? I totally failed.

I looked at my calendar. Two months remaining. Donghae’s product will be launched soon and I do nothing. Yeah. I’m a looser. I should admit it.

By the way, what’s date today? Isn’t it my birthday? Hey, I forget about it again. Appa is the one who always reminds me about my birthday. Now, he didn’t remind me about my birthday. He even didn’t say happy birthday to me. I cried. I miss him so much. I wanna see him. I wanna celebrate my birthday with him.

After change my clothes, I went down stairs.

“Park Shinhye, don’t you go to work again?” Donghae asked me.

What should I do? I couldn’t face him. It’s not because my heart beat faster or my face blushed again. I was just feel ashamed to face him. What if he knows that I fail?

“No.” I said without looking at him. I just walking to the outside.

“Where are you going?” he asked again.

“Hospital. I go first.” I walk hurriedly.

*

At hospital

I spent two hours here with holding Appa’s hand. Only thus that could cheer me up. My heart was breaking and I was lonely in my birthday. How poor I am.

Suddenly, my phone was ringing. Lee Donghae called me.

“Yoboseyo?” I asked.

“Park Shinhye, are you visited Mr.Park right now?”

“Ne. Wae?”

“Meet me in the parking lot right now.”

"What is it?"

"Never mind. Come here now. Quickly." He hung up the phone. Aish. He’s so bothersome. I went outside to meet him.

At parking lot, I saw Donghae was leaned on his car. I walked towards him.

"Why do you want me here?" I grumbled.

He didn’t answer me. He just took out a plastic bag from car and gave it to me.

"Here you are. Bring it in.”

"What is this?"

"Just take it. Open it inside, " he commanded. He left me behind afterward.

What? He asked me to meet him only for bringing his things?

“Yah, why should I take it?? Why you didn’t bring it by yourself??”

We arrived at Appa’s room.

“Bothersome! You waste my energy and my time, you know?” I grumbled to him again.

"Yah, you are very noisy! Open it now."

"Aish. What can you do? Even you can’t open this thing.”

I opened the plastic in front of me. There was a box inside. I opened the top of box. What’s this? Isn’t it a birthday cake?

"Saengil chukha hamnida, " he said while he smiled.

 

 

 

Note :

Sorry for late update. I was so busy these days. I hope you keep waiting for the next update :)