Love Is In The Air

ME VS STRANGER

Shinhye POV

“Here is the sample of your novel, Shinhye-ssi.” Kang Seohae put the novel on the desk. She was my co-writer and the cover designer for my novel.

“Ne. Thank you, Seohae-ssi.” I took the novel in front of me. She walked out from my small office.

A year has passed since Donghae was gone. There were so many differences between past and this time. Now, I continue my dream to become a writer. Actually, I decided to write again wasn’t just because I love writing. I write because I wanna forget him. But sometimes, writing wasn’t enough to get out him from my head. I still missed Donghae. And it even made me hurting more. I kept blaming myself until now. Why I didn’t stop him to go? At least, I should say I love him before he left, but this stupid mouth say ‘Good bye’ instead. It really made me frustrated.

“Good bye.”

It seemed my heart, my mind, and my lips not connected properly. Deep in my heart I just wanted to say I love him, but my mind said his plane would be taken off soon, so that my lips said ‘good bye’. Babo Shinhye. I repeated the same mistake again. Whenever I have a chance to confess my feeling, I always miss it. Was it a sign that I and Donghae would never be together?

“G-good bye?” His eyes turned sad.

I just nodded weakly.

“Yeah. Good bye.”

He was going further and further…. And I just could look his back. At a time, he stopped and looked at me. He didn’t continue his way? I hope so. I hope he would back here and said that he would never leave me but then he turned around, walking away, and leaving me crying alone.

“Oppa, he was gone…” I told Eunhyuk Oppa at the day after he gone.

Sure my face swollen right now. I didn’t know how long I’ve cried for Donghae.

“That stranger?” I nodded.

“Have you told him about your feeling?”

“Nope.”

“Why?”

“Because I’m stupid or maybe… because we are not destined to be.”

Eunhyuk Oppa sighed. “You know, I think that stranger is so great. He is the one who can make you frustrated like this. By the way, what’s his name?”

“Lee Donghae.”

“Lee Donghae? I think I ever heard that name,” he muttered to himself.

Drrt. My phone vibrated. I realized from my reverie. Appa was calling.

“Yoboseyo. Waeyo, Appa?”

“Would you like to take my x-ray test result? It’s with Eunhyuk. He’s at his apartment right now.”

“Ne, Appa.”

*

I arrived in front of Eunhyuk Oppa’s room. When I was about pushed the bell, I noticed something. Hey, why his door opened a little? I took a peek inside. I saw Eunhyuk Oppa and a man was standing face to face in the living room. Unfortunately, I couldn’t see his face because he back facing me.

“Eunhyuk-ah, how should I say this?” Huh? That voice sounds familiar to me.

”Just say it,” Eunhyuk Oppa said as he smiled.

“I… I… I love you. Would you be mine?” the man said. He took Eunhyuk Oppa’s hand.

Omo. What did just I hear? That man confessed to Eunhyuk Oppa? Haha. I never thought that my cousin is so that charismatic. Even a man would love him.

“That’s good! You did great job! You’re ma boy,” Eunhyuk Oppa grinned as they hugged each other. Yucks. They were even spinning while they were hugging. This time I could see the man’s face.

I gaped. My eyes wide open. WHAT THE??

Was I dreaming? I pinched my own cheeks. Ouch. It hurts. I rubbed my eyes over and over again but it was Lee Donghae!

Oh please. I was dying just to wait for him and now he loves someone else but my own cousin? Wow, great. I thought I know the reasons why I always failed to confess to him. God has shown me the way. Donghae isn’t the right man for me. I couldn’t take it anymore. I should leave… to somewhere peaceful.

Donghae POV

“Thanks, Eunhyuk-ah. I think I’m ready to confess right now,” I said to Eunhyuk as I let go of his arms.

“Eo. Don’t ever let go this time. I just don’t want you to crying all day long like her,” Eunhyuk gave advice to me.

“Okay. I will do my best.” My face brightened up.

“I think you should chase her right now. Fighting!” Eunhyuk cheered, pushed me to doorway.

“Yeah! Fighting!” I shouted. I walked off to the parking lot hurriedly. All I wanted was confess my feeling to Shinhye.

In the car

“Yah, why her phone doesn’t active?” I yelled in frustration.

I have visited her house but it was empty. I dialed her number so many times but it doesn’t active. Then I called Mr.Park.

“Yoboseyo, Mr.Park,” I greeted someone on the line.

“Yoboseyo, Donghae-ah. How are you? Have you come back here?” Mr.Park said.

“Ne. Mr.Park, may I ask you something?”

“Of course.”

“Do you know where is Shinhye right now?”

“Yah. You’ve just come back here, and you ask my daughter at first place? I wonder what you guys have relationship.” Sounds like Mr.Park jealous. I tried to hold her laughter. Sometimes he acts so cute.

“Ah, please don’t take it wrong, Mr.Park. I just have important business with her.”

“Well, I don’t know for sure, but last time I called her, I heard waves and seagull’s sounds back at her. It’s about thirty minutes ago.”

“Oh. Thank you, Mr.Park. I promise I will visit you after this.”

I hung up the phone. Waves? Seagulls? I knew where she was. Park Shinhye, I’m coming!

*

The view of waves was seen once I arrived here. Actually, for some people, everything was the same as a few years ago. But for me, all of them have change. Everything was more beautiful than before. The waves, the sand, even the walking crab looked so beautiful.

Stop, Lee Donghae. You don’t have time to admire this scenery. The reasons why did you here was that girl. My eyes kept searching someone.

There, I found her, with sweater and jeans rolled up to the knees. She was walking towards the sea. How I missed her so much.

The wind blew, making her hair flying. Her skin glowing as the sun was shining over her. She just made me hypnotized, so mesmerized.

Step by step, she walked slowly to the sea till the water reached her foots… and then her legs. She’s so goddess. All I thought was… everything she did looked so beautiful. And now, the water reached her knees.

Wait. That wasn’t beautiful anymore. Was she going to walk any further? She might be drowning there! I suddenly remembered what Eunhyuk said before.

“Donghae-ah, I think you’re the first that make her like that. She was so frustrated. Sometimes I’m afraid she would commit suicide.”

No way! It couldn’t be happen! I didn’t want to be a widower sooner! Oops. Okay. I wronged. I just didn’t want to lose my love.

“Nooo! Yah, Park Shinhye! Don’t leave meee!” I screamed out of the lungs as I ran towards her. She turned her head to me and didn’t do anything but just kept staring at me until I hugged her, bringing her to the sand.

“Are you okay?” I patted her cheeks.

She kept staring at me blankly.

“Yah, I know you love me that much but please, you don’t have to kill yourself just because of me! You have to think about your father, your future, and me,” I said to her as I cupped her face. Our face just inches apart.

She blinked her eyes repeatedly.

“Lee Donghae…” She touched my right cheek gently with her left hand.

“Ne?” I said softly.

Omo. What would she say? ‘Lee Donghae… is it really you? I miss you so much, and I love you’. I hope that words came out from her lips.

“Yah! Are you crazy??” She poked my head instead.

I was shocked. “W-what’s wrong?”

“You must be crazy! Why do I have to die because of you??” she yelled.

Shinhye POV

Here the place where I could find peaceful. Beach.

Well, this was one of memorable place. Donghae brought me here on my last birthday. Aish. I shouldn’t be here. It made me kept thinking about him. But I just couldn’t resist the view in front of my eyes. I wanted to stay here any longer.

There was no one here this time. Hm. It means I could do anything as I want. What should I do? Um… If I scream, no one could hear me, right? Okay. That wasn’t bad idea.

“LEE DONGHAE, I HATE YOU!” I screamed out of the lungs. A group of seagulls disbanded hearing my voice.

Phew. I sighed as I sat down on the sand. It was relieving.

Somehow I felt this so unfair for me. Why? Why do I have to go through this? A year. I’ve been waiting for him a year, but now… he just got me down. I never thought he was a gay, and I never thought he loves my own cousin! And Eunhyuk Oppa… as far as I now, his love relationships with a girl would never last more than three months! He was absolutely playboy. Really. The people whom I trusted have betrayed me.

The time has passed. My position wasn’t change at all as before. Huh. I was getting bored. How about playing water?

I stood up and then walking to the sea. Ouch. It was so cold when the sea water touched my feet. But it so comfortable either. I step forward with my leg bit by bit against the fairly quiet waves. I was afraid to walk any further. So I planned to keep going until the sea water reached knee. Suddenly…

“Nooo! Yah, Park Shinhye! Don’t leave meee!” someone shouted. I turned around and I found Lee Donghae was running towards me. The next thing I know, my body being dragged to the sand.

“Are you okay?” he asked as he patted my cheeks. He looked worried.

I was surprised. Why did he get here?

“Yah, I know you love me that much but please, you don’t have to kill yourself just because of me! You have to think about your father, your future, and me.” One of his hand cupped my face, and the other held my arm.

What did he just say? Me? Killing myself? I blinked in disbelief.

“Lee Donghae…” I touched his right cheek. He’s not crazy, right?

“Ne?” he said.

“Yah! Are you crazy??” I poked his head. I hope it could help him to gain his awareness.

“W-what’s wrong?”

“You must be crazy! Why do I have to die because of you??” I yelled.

“B-but… You did walk into the sea! I thought you would commit suicide!”

“Commit suicide? Of course not! I still want to live. I’m just playing there,” I explained.

“Really? Ah, that’s relieving. I just remember what Eunhyuk said earlier.” He smiled.

“Eunhyuk? Why do you have to mention his name?” Somehow I felt disappointed just by heard his name.

I removed his hand from mine and then walked away.

“Yah, Park Shinhye! What’s wrong with him? He’s your cousin.” He followed me from behind.

I stopped and turned around to face him. He have no idea how much I love him.

“Of course it’s wrong! You mention your lover name in front of me! Don’t you ever thinking of my feeling??” I yelled.

“L-lover? Who?” He looked confused.

I sighed. “Eunhyuk Oppa. You love him, right?”

He blinked.

“Me? I love him? I love Eunhyuk?” he asked.

I turned my eyes to another direction.

“BWAHAHAHA!” He laughed so hard all of a sudden.

I stared at him confusedly. “What are you laughing at?”

“Why… Hmph… do you think so??” He was still laughing as he held his stomach.

“I saw you at his apartment before. And you said that you love him.” I pouted.

Then, he stopped laughing. He walked closer to me.

“You take it wrong, Park Shinhye. What have you saw earlier, it just practice,” he explained as he held my hands.

“Practice?” I getting more confused.

“Practice… to say that… I love you,” he whispered.

I was stunned.

WHAT DID HE SAID? HE LOVES ME?

Thanks God! Finally, my dreams came true! He loves me back! It wasn’t one-sided love! Yeah! I never felt as happy as now. The feeling was like… I could get all over the world… flying to the sky… and reach the stars.

“Ehm.” He cleared his throat, made me realize from my reverie.

“Ah, n-ne. So, Lee Donghae, you’re not… a gay?” I asked, make sure that he wasn’t a gay.

“Yah! How could I be a gay if I love you?? You don’t trust me, huh??” he snapped at me.

Omo. He did got mad. Now, he’s walking away from me.

“Lee Donghae, it’s not like that. I’m just asking, you know?”

Our situation reversed this time. At last, I walked away and he chased me, but now he walked away and I chased him.

“Yah, Lee Donghae!” I called out him. He pretended not hearing me. He was just walking and walking.

Hey. Why in the world there was a sulking man like him? Aish. Annoying.

What should I do to make him hear me? Oh yeah. I thought I should do ‘it’.

Then, I grabbed his hand.

Author POV

Shinhye grabbed Donghae’s hand. She made Donghae turned facing her.

“Yah, what are…” His words cut off by Shinhye’s peck on his cheek.

“I love you, too,” Shinhye said softly. Actually, she felt so ashamed.

Donghae touched his cheek. A curved shaped on his lips all of a sudden.

“I love you more,” Donghae replied as he gazed at Shinhye’s eyes. She just chuckled hearing that.

They kept gazing at each other’s eyes deeply while smiling. Didn’t know who started first, but it seemed they were getting closer and closer… until there was no space between them. Next thing that happened was… his lips touched hers. They kissed.

They kept enjoying their please time for a few minutes till suddenly…

“Hey, you two!”

They broke the kiss right away.

A middle-aged woman walked closer to them. “How could you two kissed in a such public place?”

“We are very sorry, Grandmother.” Donghae and Shinhye bowed together. They never thought she would be coming.

The middle-aged woman passed as she mumbled, “Aigoo, young people are really brave these time.”

Donghae scratched his back neck and Shinhye covered her face with her palms. Both of them were really ashamed.

“Yah, it’s your fault,” Donghae complained to Shinhye.

“Mwo? How can be it’s my fault? You kissed me first!” Shinhye said.

“Yah! You DID KISS me first.” He affirmed the ‘kiss’.

“No, you’re the first!”

“You’re the first!”

They were blaming each other.

“Aish. Enough. That’s our fault, okay? Now, stop complaining or we could break up,” Donghae said.

“Eo? Break up? I’m not your girlfriend!” Shinhye yelled.

“Mwo?? Yah! You said that you love me and we kissed! Of course we are couple right now!”

“Babo. You haven’t ask me to be your girlfriend! How could I be yours?”

“Oh that’s right. I forget.” Donghae tapped his forehead.

Then, he kneeled down in front of Park Shinhye. “Park Shinhye, please be mine.”

“Yes.”

They were smiling each other. Donghae stood up and held Shinhye’s hands.

“Let’s watch the sunset!” he asked. Shinhye just nodded.

Now, they’re watching the sunset. Shinhye leaned her head on Donghae’s shoulder while Donghae hugged Shinhye from her side.

“Park Shinhye. You know what? I have déjà vu right now. I think I have experienced this moment before,” Donghae said calmly.

“Aish. We did experience this moment before. Do you remember? We came here on my last year birthday,” Shinhye explained.

“Right! I remember it just by now!” Donghae exclaimed.

“Aigoo, why do I have a senile boyfriend like you?” Shinhye sighed.

“That’s your fate,” he said calmly.

Shinhye smiled hearing his innocent statement. And I’m so thankful because my fate is you.

“Park Shinhye, what should we buy for Eunhyuk’s gift? I want to give him a gift since he helped us a lot. Besides, he will get engaged, right?”

“Mwo? He will get engaged? How could I not know??” She was shocked. Eunhyuk didn’t tell her at all.

“Well, I think he loves me more than you.” Donghae .

“Of course. You’re his gay partner,” Shinhye back.

“Yah! I told you I’m not a gay!” He pouted.

“I know, I know. Just kidding,” she said.

The next five minutes…

“Shall we go now?” Donghae mumbled on Shinhye’s head.

“Eeeyy. Why are you in a rush? It’s beautiful here. Just stay like this for ten minutes more.” Shinhye tightened her grip to his arms, prevented him to go.

“Um. I’m afraid I can’t. I think I have to meet your father right now,” he refused.

“Don’t say that you guys have some business to do. Aish. You’re so rude. You left me for a year and now you come just to take care of company,” she complained.

“No. It’s not like that. I just want to ask permission from him.”

“For what?” Shinhye looked up.

“I want to ask him if I can take you along with me to Japan.”

“Really? Yeah! I’m gonna have vacation!” she cheered.

“Who said you will have vacation?”

“So?”

“You’ll be living with me.”

“What?? Yah! You’re ert! How can I live with you if we haven’t married yet? Appa would kill us!”

“Yah. Stay calm. That’s why I have to meet your father. I would like to ask his permission to make you as Mrs.Lee.” He smiled sweetly.

“Ask his permission to make me as Mrs… What??” Shinhye rolled her eyes in disbelief.

I couldn’t believe what he just said. If I become Mrs.Lee, it means that I should marry him, right?

“Yah, did you just propose me?” she asked.

Donghae just smirked mysteriously before he pulled up Shinhye’s hands and dragged her to his car.

“Yah, Lee Donghae!”

 

Author :

Yeah! Finally it ends! Sorry guys I can’t make it any longer because I’ve plan to not making a long story at first.

How was it? Tell me your opinion about this story so far and what scene that you like, please ^^

Thank you so much for reading, waiting, subscribing, comments, and votes! I’m sooo touched because you like this not-so-good story. Keke. Really. All of appreciations from you guys makes me spirit!

By the way, happy new year! (keke. Maybe it’s late) Hope this year will better than before :)

Happy reading, guys! :D

Love you <3