Confused

ME VS STRANGER

Shinhye POV

I and Donghae went to the hospital immediately. We really wanted to know the condition of Appa. When we arrived at Appa’s room, I was astonished. Appa was lying with his eyes opened. I approached him.

"A-Appa ... It’s me… I miss you ..." I said softly, holding his hand tightly.

Appa was still too weak to talk. He just looked at me wistfully. I knew he also missed me from his eyes.

"I'm really sorry to have made ​​you become like this. I'm not a good daughter. Please forgive me ... " My tears dropping slowly.

Appa nodded. I could see the tears in his eyes. He was about to opened his mouth but I hold it.

"Don’t talk. Just take a rest. I'll stay here. "

Appa nodded again. His eyes turned to Donghae.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Mr.Park. I’m so glad that you have awaken,” Donghae said as he smiled.

Appa smiled back weakly. Then, his eyes closed slowly and he fell asleep.

“Donghae-ah…” I said after made sure that Appa was asleep. I looked at Donghae who was standing next to me.

“Wae? Why are you crying?” He noticed my eyes were starting to glaze.

I hugged him instead answer his question. He was surprised because I hugged him suddenly.

“Y-yah, why are you being like this?” he asked.

“I’m happy…” I said as I buried my face into his shoulder.

I could feel he smiled. “Me too…”

We didn’t say anything after that. We were just hugged each other for long periods of time.

*

It was been a week since Appa had awaken. He had been recovered and allowed to back home. Unfortunately, he still had to use a wheelchair. Well, all the things going as used to be, and the competition between me and Donghae had been canceled.

This morning, I do my routine activity, accompany Appa having his breakfast in the garden. I was about feeding Appa with a spoon of porridge when Donghae came out from house. His right hand held a luggage. He smiled to me and Appa.

“Good morning,” he said.

Appa greeted him back while I just kept silence.

“Mr.Park and Shinhye-ssi, I think this time for me to say goodbye,” he said.

I was startled. Goodbye? Where did he wants to go?

“Donghae-ah… Can you change your decision? I hope you can stay here,” Appa asked.

“Appa, what’s your mean?” I asked Appa, confused. I looked at Donghae. “Where are you going?”

Donghae looked at me back and smiled weakly. “I will move out from this house.”

“Mwo??”

Hey, what’s wrong with him? Isn’t he wants to take this home from me before? Why did he move out suddenly?

“W-why? Why do you want to move out all of a sudden?”

“This is the right time for me to go. You have come back here. I know you can take care of your father better than me,” he said again.

“R-really?” I asked, unbelievable.

He just nodded. “I’m very grateful for all of your help so far. Sorry if I’m such troublesome to both of you. I promise I will often come to this house.”

“No, Donghae-ah. I never thought that you are troublesome for me. Instead your presence was a gift from God to me. To be honest, I really mind if you go,” Appa said.

“I’m so sorry, Mr.Park.”

Then, we were quiet for a moment. Somehow I felt so sad, but no way. I should be happy. I have been waiting for this moment so long.

“Well then, I’m leaving…”

Donghae bowed his head and then left us. I could only see his back away.

“Appa, did you know that Donghae wants to move?” I asked Appa sadly.

“Yeah. He ever said that he would move out of the house when you’re home.”

I was just silence. I didn’t know but I felt there was an emptiness in my heart all of a sudden. What was this feeling?

“Shinhye-ah… Why do you look so sad?” Appa asked me.

“Eo? I’m not sad… I’m happy, you know? Hehe.” I forced a fake laugh.

“You are lying. I know that. Are you sad because of Donghae is leaving?” Appa suspected me.

“Mwo? Of course not!” I denied it.

“Yah, don’t hide it! I can feel it! What's going on between you two all this time? Is there something that you hide from me?” Appa teased me.

“There’s nothing between us! Trust me!”

“I don’t feel like that.”

“Appa!”

*

I sat on the sofa in the living room. This was Donghae’s favorite spot. He always spent his time to watch TV in here. It was been a week since Donghae left this house. This house felt so empty without him. There was no one who tease me, arguing with me, and… Aish. Why I always thinking about him these days? Am I miss him?

“No way! It can’t be! Impossible!” I shook my head to clear my mind.

“What is impossible?” someone asked.

I looked for the source of his voice. Then I saw a man with black hair and gummy smile came to me.

“Eunhyuk Oppa?” I was surprised.

He was still smiling in front of me.

“Oppa!” I rushed into his arms.

How I missed him so much. Eunhyuk Oppa is my only cousin. We are so close before. Although he was majoring in medical school in Japan, we still kept in touch. Then, we lost contact when I decided to go to UK.

“It’s been a long time. You’re getting more beautiful,” he said as he hugged me.

“I know that.” I smiled.

He released his arms.

“Oppa, I miss you so much.”

“I know that too.”

We laughed along.

“Where is Uncle Myungso?” he asked.

“He was sleeping,” I replied.

“Well then, I will wait until he wake up,” he said. He sat on the sofa.

“What do you want to drink?” I offered.

“Nothing. I will get it by myself later. Just sit here, please.” He patted on the seat next to him.

I sat as his wish.

“Wae?” I asked.

“Tell me everything during these four years.”

“Well, it’s quite long story.”

I told him from the time when I left this house until Appa was awaken two weeks ago. I told him about the stranger too, but of course minus the kissing scene and another ‘romantic moments’.

“Wow. I never know that my own sister have a story like that. I think it just happen in drama!” Eunhyuk Oppa said excitedly.

“Yah! How can be you excited about my dramatic life story?” I whined. “By the way, how about your life now?”

“Me? I currently work at the hospital where your father treated before.”

“Really? Why I never saw you?”

“Well, we were in different building. Yesterday, I was assigned to your father’s building and I was shocked when I saw there was your father’s data. That’s why I just come by now,” he explained.

“Oh…”

“Hey, where is that stranger? You said that he was living in here.”

“Eo? He moved out a week ago.”

“Really? I think I wanna see him…”

I sighed. Yeah. I wanna see him too.

“Why do you look so sad all of a sudden? Do you miss him?” Eunhyuk Oppa asked all of a sudden.

“Mwo? Are you crazy? I hate him! How can be I miss him?!” I glared at him.

“Tsk. You two were living together for almost 5 months! I’m sure you have any feelings for him!”

“Aish. It can’t be! Enough! I wanna go to my room! It’s driving me crazy to talk with you!” I left him alone.

When I was going upstairs, I could hear Eunhyuk Oppa said, “Sooner or later you will realize your true feeling…”

 

Note :

Hi. everyone! I'm so sorry for really late update. I had just enter the college and the schedule is quite full.

Sorry again for the boring chapter. I guess you hope some romantic moment, right? Please wait for the next chapter. I will try my best to make it romantic.

By the way, thanks for reading and keep waiting this story. I really appreciate it :)