First Time Meet You

ME VS STRANGER

Shinhye POV

“Sir, please stop here.”

Taxi stopped at a big house with large gardens. After paid the taxi, I went down. There was a deep longing when I looked at this house. Various memory popped into my head. I ride bicycle, played hide and seek around the house. It was a long time. I slowly walked toward the house, dragged my suitcase.

From the first, my dream was to be a writer. Then, I got a scholarship majoring in journalism to the UK. Of course I didn’t want to miss it. But my father didn’t approve. My father wanted me to be the successor company. But still, I wanted to fight for my dreams. Finally, four years ago, after graduated high school, I decided to leave home. I determined to back home again when I was success. Now I've graduated from college and my books quite popular in UK.

Phew. I exhale slowly before I rang the bell. Somehow I feel nervous at all. Afraid that if the person who opened the door wouldn’t accept me.

Ding Dong.

One second, two seconds ... fifteen seconds, and CRACK. The door opened.

A handsome man with medium high, and slightly brown hair appeared. He's probably three or four years ahead of me.

"Excuse me, who are you looking for?" He asked.

"Um. I’m looking for Mr. Park Myung So. Does he at home? "I asked nervously.

"Who are you?" He asked again.

"Um. I-I’m Park Shinhye, “ I replied. Either just my imagination, but it seems that he was rather surprised after heard my name.

Donghae POV

I was getting home from the hospital when the bell rang. I found a beautiful girl standing in front of me. It was a familiar face.

"Um. I-I’m Park Shinhye."

I gasped. So is this Park Shinhye? Mr. Park’s daughter whom he always looking for? No wonder if her face was familiar. I've seen her picture in Mr. Park’s office. But why did she just come right now?

"Park Shinhye? Mr. Park's daughter?” I asked.

"N-ne ..." she replied.

I looked at the girl. I felt so messed up. Does she know if her father was lying in hospital now?

"Waeyo? Where is my father?"

"You ... where have you been? Why did you leave your father?" The question was suddenly out from my mouth.

"I ... I didn’t really leave my father. I just wanted to reach my dream. So where is my father? Is he alright?" She asked innocently.

Tsk. How could she asked me with that innocent face?

"What kind of daughter are you? Even now you didn’t know your father condition? "

"Excuse me, Sir. You have no right to say things like that. Now, please answer me. Where is my father? " She looked annoyed.

Indeed, I was irritated because of her. She made his father coma and now she was back with her innocent face.

"Miss, don’t you know? Your father was lying in the hospital right now. He was coma during this week.”

"R-really? But, how ...? " Shinhye lost for words. She was really shocked.

"Sir, would you like to take me to my father? I beg you ... "she begged with pleading faces.

I thought for a moment. Actually, I was lazy to drive her. But maybe Mr. Park would conscious if she was coming.

"Yeah," I said finally.

Shinhye POV

In the hospital.

I opened the door slowly. On the bed, looked a middle-aged man lying weakly with hoses embedded in his body. I thought I still couldn’t believe that man was Appa. Appa that I used to know was not as thin and weak as this. But however I saw, that was Appa.

"A-appa ..." I said softly. I hold her hand tightly. "Get up. I've been here. "

There was no reaction. My tears fell down. I couldn’t stand it. I was out of the room. Outside, I slumped in waiting chair.

Crying uncontrollably. That's what I do now. Everyone looked at me. Maybe they were pity me, or perhaps they just uncomfortable with my sobbing. Never mind. I didn’t care.

"Do you feel guilty now?" someone asked me. I looked up. Oh, that man.

"Ne? What do you mean?" I said hoarsely.

"Mr. Park was ill because of your doing. Of course now you feel guilty," he said curtly.

Tsk. What's wrong with this man? This is our first meeting but he made me annoyed.

"What? So you think this is all my fault? "I said with a little emotion.

"Four years ago, Mr. Park was always thinking about you. Even he didn’t think about himself. Until a week ago he had an accident while trying to find you and unconscious until now. You think it's not your fault? "

I was stunned to hear that. Is that so? If I heard his story, I thought it was all my fault. But still I couldn’t accept his manner.

"Sir, I admit this is all my fault. But still you have no right to say things like that. Who are you huh? "

"I ..."

"Lee Donghae-ssi, annyeonghaseo," someone called him.

Donghae POV

"I ..." I have not had time to finish my sentence because of a sudden someone greeted me.

"Lee Donghae-ssi, annyeonghaseyo."

I was bowing immediately when I saw him. That was Mr. Kim, a lawyer for Mr. Park Myung So.

"Ah, Mr. Kim. Annyeonghaseyo. "

"Donghae-ssi, how was Mr. Park?" said Mr. Kim.

"He wasn’t wake up yet. But it is more stable," I replied.

Mr. Kim is about to step into the room but stopped when he saw Park Shinhye.

"Wait. Are you Park Shinhye? "asked Mr. Kim to that girl.

"Ah, ne," replied Shinhye.

"Thank God you're back. I'm Kim Jung Hoon, a lawyer for Mr. Park Myung So. Well, while you two were here, there is something I want to talk about," said Mr. Kim.

"I'm sorry, but you mean the two of us?" I asked, pointing at me and Shinhye.

"Of course. Can we talk somewhere else?"