07

Love: No Return

Right, it’s now or never.

There was nothing that Taeyeon could think of. Absolutely nothing, she couldn’t think, couldn’t breathe, “What are you saying?” She wanted to ask that properly, one more time, but couldn’t move, wouldn’t budge.

They were stuck. It felt like she was in a bad dream and she was motionless to do anything, her heart wanted for her to move so badly, but she couldn’t. It was a sick feeling, she felt suffocated, . And she was sure the lack of oxygen would kick in soon enough…

Finally a sound escaped , “…But… Why?”

That was all she could ask as Tiffany took her set of keys and placed it on the shelf.

“It’s all for the best, trust me.”

Trust me, no matter what?

“You’re telling me that it’s all for the best that you’re marrying Mike? And you’re expecting me to trust you? Are you crazy?” Taeyeon’s voice came out in screeches.

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon who had bloodshot eyes, and an almost manic expression on her. It didn’t look good on her, but Tiffany hardened her heart. Oh God, why must she make it so hard for me? 

Just then, Soo Young entered the house and Tiffany smiled, “Good, Sooyoung’s home. Take care of Taeyeon for me…. And remember what I said, Sooyoung…..”

She said emphatically.

“What?” Soo young asked, dropping the lollipop out of in surprise, absolutely caught off guard. She had just returned from grocery shopping, and the next thing she knew, the ‘couple of the year’ had just broken up.

Tiffany was leaving and marrying ‘the god-awful son’ that she dreaded and Taeyeon looked like hell.

Okay, come again… what’s happening? Soo young stared blankly at the two of them.  How could things change so drastically in just a few days? It’s not like this was some drama fiction.

Tiffany just smiled thinly and then with a slight pat on her shoulder, she left.