17

Love: No Return

3 hours. It’s been going on for 3 hours.

Taeyeon frowned at this obvious display of self-hurt.

“Stop…” Taeyeon whispered softly, “I said stop!” Taeyeon shouted as she pounded the window glass at the same time. Tiffany did not stop singing, even though she was singing and coughing all at the same time by now.

Tiffany closed her eyes and continued stubbornly (call her childish, silly, etc, but even she herself, couldn’t help it…she couldn’t rationalize a proper reason for this self-pain inflicting behaviour either…) perfecting the song in her very own way until Taeyeon was standing right in front of her.

“I said stop!” Taeyeon shook Tiffany’s shoulders with more strength then she intended to. Tiffany winced slightly but she pushed Taeyeon’s hands away and covered her ears to continue in a resolute manner, while she coughed her guts out.

Taeyeon made a frustrated sound, “My god, you’re coughing so badly already, stop it!”

Tiffany sang despite her situation (silly, yes she know), and Taeyeon finally used her palm to cover Tiffany’s lips, “Stop, or I’ll use the only way I know how to make you stop.”

Tiffany eyes widened and she stopped immediately. However, with that, it seemed as though her entire being had lost its energy, and by stopping her song, she herself had collapsed from exhaustion.

Taeyeon grabbed her our of a natural reflex just before Tiffany’s body hit the floor…


---

In her dream, she dreamt that Taeyeon had gone back to her. That she was still the one that Taeyeon loved and she was hers and only hers. She smiled in the dream, when she recalled how Taeyeon would always pat her to sleep at night when she couldn’t sleep….

Or how they would hold their hands tightly together, and they would talk about their ‘great future ahead’ together…

She felt horrible, pining pathetically for that bit of Taeyeon’s affections. She hated it.

And that was when the tears would start.

“Hey… it’s alright… don’t cry,” she heard an awfully familiar feminine voice whispering and felt someone familiar touching her forehead, yet the next thing she knew, that bit of warmth was taken away from her when someone shook her up.

It was Dan, “Tiffany! I rushed here the moment your company called me… are you alright?”

Tiffany sat up straight. She had fainted in the studio in front of Taeyeon and Sooyoung, and was lying on the couch… If there was a hole she could hide, she would. She noticed that Taeyeon was standing as far away from her as possible, almost as if Tiffany had the plague.

Did she have to show her disdain for her so obviously? She thought silently, feeling that stab of pain again, but, instead of showing it, she took a deep breath and hid it well away instead, “I’m fine. Let’s go home.”

She said emotionlessly and got up. Taeyeon didn’t even look at her when she left.