28

Love: No Return

No. No…

Tiffany clenched her fists as she watched Taeyeon in the big screen TV. “NO!” She screeched as she struggled to stop the image from moving forward but it still went on.

Silently, she watched as Taeyeon struggled to stand up after each blow from the guys. She stood up, each time, 5 times, despite the fact that each pause became longer. Despite the fact that was a trail of blood from the side of her lips, she still stood up.

Taeyeon looked at Jessica, her breathing was laboured. She walked slowly towards Jessica, “Now, this.”

Jessica looked at her, torn between looking defeated and enraged, “You’re crazy! Taeyeon. Why do you love her so much?”

Jessica was so sure that Taeyeon wouldn’t do what she had offered, that’s why she had demanded such a crazy task. But little did she know, Taeyeon was…..beyond crazy. She had fulfilled the impossible that she had created for Taeyeon.

Taeyeon looked at her, ignoring her words as her vision appeared to falter. She grabbed the needle from Jessica’s hands, “Stop it. Say you’ll stop it.” Her words appeared weighted despite the fact that she was saying it slowly, she stared unflinchingly at Jessica.

“You’re crazy!” Jessica could only shake her head in disbelief, “She doesn’t deserve you!”

Taeyeon shook her head to clear her vision and she took the needle.
Just like that, she placed a death sentence on herself as she injected a shot through her veins.

“Say you’ll stop bothering her. Say it…” Taeyeon said, her eyes were faltering as she fell to the ground, Jessica bent down to help her immediately. There were tears in her eyes, “You’re crazy, Taeyeon…”

“Say it!” Taeyeon said in a weakened voice.

Jessica nodded her head once. “Fine! I wouldn’t bother Tiffany anymore…”

---

“And that’s where I received a call to save you. She insisted that I’m not supposed to tell you about this… something about what you said. You said that she’s not even allowed to try to redeem herself, isn’t it?” Dan sighed, “This is her phone, she told me to keep this as an evidence should they ever attempt to touch you again.”

Dan looked devastated, “She meant for it as an additional leverage for you, Tiffany. Even when she’s dying, she wanted to protect you, Tiff…”

Tiffany turned around, and even without a word, she was out of the house in a frenzy.