14

Love: No Return

It wasn’t long before the news spreaded like wildfire that Taeyeon had an eye to groom Sooyoung.

What no other artistes had achieved before, Sooyoung not only managed to achieve all that in a record breaking time, but more. She was also invited to Taeyeon’s personal studio…A place that no other artistes had gone before.

And not only that, Sooyoung was welcomed to use Taeyeon’s personal sports cars any time she wanted. There was something to be said about their ‘private races’.

And even tonight night’s ball, it was notoriously known that Taeyeon loathed public events, yet she was breaking her usual routine to show up with Sooyoung.

All these was, of course, not met without any jealousy.

Mega-hot stars such as Jessica, Yoona and Leeteuk weren’t that happy to hear the news… They themselves, had always tried to win Taeyeon’s favour, however it was all in vain seeing as how nothing seemed to sway the immovable Taeyeon….

Nothing seemed to be able to sway Taeyeon, except for this so-called newcomer… Sooyoung, who was she anyway?

“I heard she’s really pretty but greedy,” Jessica said as she powdered her nose in the girl’s room.

“Really?” Yoona asked innocently, “Ah, but still how I wished that I was her! To be Taeyeon’s protégé…. There must be something about her that Taeyeon sees!”

“Precisely. But what does she have that we don’t?” Jessica sighed and checked her teeth. Perfect. How could Taeyeon not like what she saw in her own reflection?
The way she saw her own reflection, it was: Perfection, perfection, perfection. She herself would date herself!

“Well… she does have Taeyeon’s ‘special attention’….doesn’t she….” Yoona added helpfully but that only made Jessica sigh even louder, “Like I said, what does she have that Taeyeon sees in her? Anyways, we’ll be seeing them later! They’re going to show up at tonight’s event. Maybe she’ll make a fool of herself… That would be something to watch,” Jessica said a little unkindly (A/N: sorry! Jessica’s fans!! Please don’t hate me!), yet in all honesty, she was just plain envious that a newcomer could have Taeyeon’s sole attention while even she, a veteran could not dream of having…

With that, they walked out just as another figure got out of the toilet stall.

Tiffany sighed and ruffled her long dark hair. She stared at her pale complexion in the mirror and sighed even louder. Not liking what she had just seen…or heard.

What was she doing?

Taeyeon had all but forgotten about her. She had moved on after all…

She had thought that she was stronger than this, she had thought that perhaps, Taeyeon had not showed up in US due to a mistake, whatever the miscommunication was… and that she was still deeply in love with her, just as she had always been… and that winning her over was going to be a breeze when all she had to do was show up.

She had not expected another outcome… that perhaps, Taeyeon had meant to break up with her… That perhaps, she had read the letter she had written, and decided to stay in Seoul after all… Because, just perhaps, Taeyeon had found her situation ‘too difficult’.

While her heart had remained right where it was, where it never moved, nor strayed one bit.Taeyeon’s had already moved on….

Perhaps, even 3 years back, that was why she didn’t even try to go to US to find her!

She didn’t expect this information about Taeyeon treating another girl so specially to be so detrimental to her emotions. She had never known or imagined that Taeyeon could possibly treat anyone else but her, ‘special’… She had also not expected the news to affect her this badly.

She got out of the toilet in a rush, what a fool, what a stupid, silly fool to still think that she could win her back! She chided herself, just as Daniel grabbed her before she slipped and fell.

She was about to smile in gratitude when little did she know that the next moment, she would meet the two people who had mattered the most to her 3 years ago….

And also, the same pair who would betray her the most now.

Taeyeon and damn it…Sooyoung