20

Love: No Return

“Didn’t I say that I wanted the water to be warm?” Jessica asked as she looked pointedly at Tiffany.

It wasn’t difficult to tell that Tiffany had grown skinnier day by day after 3 months of excessive manual labour.

Everyone could tell except, perhaps for Taeyeon who seemed to turn a stubborn blind eye towards Tiffany.

She was made to work as a ‘production assistant’ under Taeyeon’s instructions, where she had to oversee every artiste’s requests in order to repay her debt to the company. Most artistes ignored her, however, there were 3 artistes who would routinely asked her to perform exceedingly difficult tasks.

Jessica, Yoona and Leetuek were all sore over the fact that Taeyeon had shown a speicial kind of attention to her in the masquerade bidding event….

And this infuriated them.

While Sunny knew that something was quite special with this ‘Tiffany’, Jessica, Yoona and Leetuek only made used of this opportunity to exert their unhappiness with Tiffany…

It wasn’t that bad per se.

Tiffany thought, cleaning up their mess, tidying up their rest rooms, miscellaneous stuff didn’t bother her all that much…

It was their words that hurt more –

Especially when they were gossiping over Taeyeon and Sooyoung’s ‘rumoured special outings’…

Those were the ones that hurt most.

---

“It’s the annual company ball again next week and I haven’t gotten my dress!” Jessica sighed loudly and prettily.

Yoona sighed too, “I know, I haven’t decided what shoes to wear with mine too.”

“Ah, girls.” Leetuek gave a loud ‘oh well’ sigh, before adding himself, “I haven’t decided which facial to go too…”

“Doesn’t matter, did you guys hear about Taeyeon and Sooyoung?” Jessica asked excitedly and Tiffany nearly spilled the teapot that she was holding.

Jessica made an irritated sound at Tiffany’s mistakes but she rolled her eyes and continued, “I heard Taeyeon’s bringing Sooyoung to the ball again! And Sooyoung’s going to make her official debut.”

Tiffany silently poured the tea into their cups and Jessica knew she was eavesdropping but she didn’t care, “Tiffany, you’ll be going along too – so do dress up. I need you to be my wardrobe assistance...”

And so, the mechanics of revenge began.

---

Daniel looked at Tiffany who was in a pretty gown. She could easily pass off as an artiste too given her good looks and posture.

She had a certain quiet grace to her that no one else had, nor could even easily attain. They either had it or they don’t.

Dan sighed when he realised the gown he had purchased for her seemed too loose for her, “You’ve lost weight again….”

Tiffany smiled encouragingly, “I’ve been working.”

“Everybody else too, but no one works as hard as you do,” Dan said unfairly. He felt pained looking at Tiffany’s hard work. He knew she was doing all these to prove to Taeyeon, but sometimes he wondered if it was all worth it.

Taeyeon seemed like an awful lover, who didn’t deserve Tiffany.

“I can’t let Sooyoung take away that… crown from me. I can’t let her take away Taeyeon… from me again,” Tiffany said firmly as she did the final touches to her light makeup.

Besides, she was still in love with Taeyeon, never mind that Taeyeon hated her like mad.

She was going to win back her girlfriend, as simply as that.