03

Love: No Return

Throughout her stay, she’s come to realize one thing. That Taeyeon loved Tiffany a lot, yet Sooyoung couldn’t really tell if it was the same for Tiffany.

There was something about her that she couldn’t figure… It was almost as if Taeyeon would give up everything for Tiffany, but Tiffany would probably only return that gesture with a simple smile or a simple hug and wave. Or either that, Tiffany was just staying around for the free ride.

It was quite obvious from the start that Taeyeon loved Tiffany more than Tiffany loved Taeyeon. And Sooyoung felt… a little anguish for that disparity in emotions.

Taeyeon was also painstakingly polite to her to a fault. It was in her character, she was aloof, yet polite. Disengaged, yet she was fully aware of her surroundings. Pretty, yet always characteristically cool and wise or strong in her actions. Soo young cannot help but admire those qualities in her.

Tiffany, on the other hand, was a little chatty and never really as polite. She was inclusive – she would include Sooyoung in every thing she did (also perhaps because Sooyoung was always offering to pay for them), she was unabashedly not shameful about her miserly ways too.

Like take for example, that time when she was in the supermarket, Tiffany had waited for the special sales to be on like one of those aunties waiting for a good bargain….she almost had a maniacal gleam in her eyes – like a soldier waiting for a mission type of important gleam.

And the worst thing was she actually almost got into a fight with another Ahjumma for a packet of bakery goods that went half price as she had ‘saw it first’.

Or the time when she was bathing and Tiffany had gotten out a timer to time the amount of time she could take to shower (conserve water she said…)

She really didn’t like Tiffany all that much…