12

Love: No Return

“Done?” Sunny asked just when Sooyoung stepped out. She paused when she saw someone stepping out too.

“Taeyeon?” Sunny looked deeply surprised.

Sooyoung nearly choked on her saliva when she heard that name. She didn’t dare to turn behind her, but she could feel someone standing behind her, watching her every move.

“You two know each other?” Sooyoung heard Taeyeon asking Sunny, while all she could do was to control her nervous butterflies that were flying about like it was some butterfly freakin’ park. Be still, butterflies.

“Yes, I’m staying with her… and ah,” Sunny whispered pointing to Sooyoung, “She’s the boss’s daughter, but no one’s supposed to know.”

Taeyeon eyes widened a little, “Really? Great, alright, let’s all have dinner together at your place then.”

This time, it was both Sunny and Sooyoung’s turn to look surprised, “What?”

Taeyeon looked amused at them, “Dinner? Hello? Does it ring a bell? Food? Hungry? Your place?” She broke it down for the two of them while they still continued to stare at her as if she had just beamed down from some weird planet.

Deciding to take things into her own hands, she hooked Sunny and Soo young’s elbows, “I’m beginning to wonder why did I choose a retard to be my Manager, and a deaf and mute to be the next superstar.”

“WHAT?” Once again, Sunny and Soo young exploded again. This was too much to absorb.

1. Taeyeon had just talked to them on her own accord.
2. Taeyeon wanted to have dinner together (was that even possible in this planet?)
3. Taeyeon had just agreed to groom Soo young, and not just groom, but turn her into   Korea’s next biggest star.

---


“How was it?” Daniel asked the moment Tiffany came out.

She smiled lightly, “I got into the top 5 positions. They want me to appear in the company’s next party to get to know the share-holders. Something about mingling with them and the judges… you know the deal…’

“That’s kinda good….right?” Daniel paused, knowing how shady things could possibly get. Who knows what these shareholders wanted… But that wasn’t the reason why Tiffany looked troubled.

Tiffany sighed, “I went in hoping to see her, but nope, no sign of her!”

It didn’t take a genius to figure out who the ‘her’ she was referring to. Taeyeon of course, who else could make Tiffany so vexed or troubled. Tiffany was one tough cookie, but when it came to matters that pertained to Taeyeon, she would become all muddleheaded and soft, and indecisive….

“Come on, you still deserve a celebratory dinner!” Daniel said good-naturedly and he dragged Tiffany into his car just as a sports car sped away from the very same spot that they had been standing, missing them by an inch.

Daniel shook his head as he saw the three girls inside talking and laughing, “Drivers these days, don’t they know not to speed? They could have hit you!”

“Alright…Mr. Traffic police,” Tiffany dragged Daniel away, patting him to appease his sudden spurt of emotions – he was pretty sensitive about car-accidents after her ‘incident’, “I’m hungry already. Let’s go!”