04

Love: No Return

A/N: Thank you everyone for subscribing! 

“She’s quite an awesome pianist, isn’t she?”

One night, Tiffany gestured at Taeyeon who was playing the piano in a quiet hotel lounge. Taeyeon was in her usual chic attire and her short hair was tied up. She played the piano superbly, a pity there wasn’t much people in the lounge.

Pityingly few, indeed. Tiffany also knew that that helped Taeyeon’s stage phobia. She had a very, very bad case of stage phobia. Singing on stage would probably kill her.

She hated to be on stage as much as she hated being famous. That was why Taeyeon had avoided fame, even though she could easily become famous – given her talents.

Tiffany got into a rare nostalgic mode, she placed her chin on the cradle of her two palms and looked ahead, “She was a piano whizkid, that’s how we met, she was learning piano lessons from the same piano teacher that I was forced to take…”

“I thought you’re dead poor?” Soo young asked and Tiffany turned sidesways to look at her and chuckled, “It was always an inside joke. My foster parents are quite wealthy… and yes, I’m adopted. My life was pretty planned out you could say, I was to marry their god-awful son and assist them in their family business. I would have done all that but I met Taeyeon and we ran away. That’s where the dead poor part comes in. We’re poor now, but I’m actually really happy…”

Can’t say the same for me! Sooyoung thought to herself but she had to admit…It was one of those rare moments where you felt that you could know how the person truly is like just by their simple expression of a smile or a truthful expression in their eyes.

Soo young felt exactly that when she saw Tiffany’s expression.

It was in that instant that she knew that Tiffany really did care about Taeyeon.

Perhaps, even more than Taeyeon ever did.

“It’s her birthday this weekend. Do you think you can assist me? I’m preparing a surprise for her.”

Soo young nodded her head, “Sure, why not.”

She just didn’t know that everything would change on Taeyeon’s birthday…