Starting over

A little piece of heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun P.O.V

Guilty. That’s how I felt every time Wooyoung would look at me.

Push away. That’s what I did every time he tried to talk to me.

It’s not like I didn’t want to talk to him, I just felt ashamed to even look at him. I was really upset when I overheard him talking to Khun about me. It just felt like he pitied me all over again. I don’t understand why he keeps trying to make amends. He didn’t feel the same, it’s not like he could make himself like me back.

“A penny for your thoughts?”

I looked up surprised but then relaxed “Hey Soohyun oppa”

He smiled softly an sat down next to me “anything wrong?”

I was about to say no but thought better of it “I have a lot on my mind”

“Did something bad happen?” He asked worried “Are you in any trouble?”

“Not trouble, it’s just” I bit my lip thinking of the right words “I lost my temper and kind of hurt somebody’s feelings.”

“You? Nah” He nudged me jokingly

My lips hitched up a little “yeah, me”

“Why did you snap at them? Did they say something that upset you?”

I let out a deep sigh “Long story short he sort of rejected my none existing confession. He only sees me as a little sister and now, years later, I understand. Yet he keeps bringing it up and trying to make amends for it. He tells everybody I’m like his little sister. Does he have to that? I get it already.” By the time I finished I couldn’t help but still feel irritated.

Soohyun whistled as he leaned against his elbows “sounds complicated”

“I was wrong for snapping at him, right?”

He nodded “You both are. He’s just trying to be your friend, maybe not how it should be but he’s trying.”

I pursed my lips thoughtful “I guess”

“Do you want to be his friend?” he gave me a knowing smile “or is it that you’re afraid that you still have feelings for him?”

“I don’t know” Is it that? “I don’t feel anything when I’m around him. It’s been like six years since I last saw him. Well, until recently.”

“You don’t feel butterflies in your tummy?” he made a love struck face “or feel happy when you think about him?”

“I feel irritated” I mumbled “But I don’t feel anything out of the ordinary.”

“Then what’s the problem? It can’t hurt to start over.” He bumped my shoulder lightly with his “it will only keep bothering you.”

“You’re right, I should just tell him we should start fresh” I took a deep breath “I’ll try my best”

“Good” he beamed getting up “I’ll see you later, I was supposed to be in makeup.”

I gasped “why did you stay? You could get in trouble”

He gave me a big grin as he walked away “you needed a friend. How could I not stop when I saw you pouting to yourself?”

I laughed “thank you!”

He waved as he made his way around the corner. I glanced at the dressing room across from me. The door was closed but I knew he was in there.  Taking a deep breath I knocked. You can do this Jieun. The door opened an I felt my heart flutter a littl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter