The Assault

The Unpredictable Truth

“What the hell are you doing here? Who sent you?!” An unfamiliar voice said.

You paced your breaths, trying to listen to what they were saying. The voices were muffled and all you could make out were the words, “Don’t”, “Please”, and “Your kind!”

*Your kind? What does he mean your kind?* You took your black scarf out of your bag and wrapped it around so it covered your mouth. You peered around the bricks and saw two guys; one was being pressed against the wall while the other had his hands on the guy’s collar. His fist was in the air, threatening to punch the boy who looked like he was about to pee in his pants.

Backing up, you ran a few steps before jumping towards the wall and kicking one of the guys straight in the face.

The one held up against the wall whimpered when he saw your body in front of him, along with your red hair.

The male who got knocked down cursed under his breath. Pulling your mask up further, you asked, “Who are you? What are you doing to him?” He looked like he was old enough to be your father. Perhaps it was one of the B.A.P members’ father.

Wiping the blood with the back of his hands he smirked, “You have a girl?”

“I’m no one’s girl.” You spat.

“Then what are you doing here, little miss?” His eyes were taunting. They shined with mischief.

“I can ask you the same question.”

“Well that’s none of your concern. I don’t know why you’re here anyways. I have some business to attend with the boy now if you can move,” He made an attempt to push you away but you didn’t let that happen.

You twisted it hand and spun him around so that you were behind him. You held his hands so that it was in front of his chest. Your arm hooked around his neck and you huffed, “Don’t touch me. What are both of you doing here?”

Your breath tickled his ear and he found is strangely alluring. But of course, the  gangster of the streets couldn’t be held back by just anyone, no less a girl. Too bad he didn’t know you weren’t just a girl.

He unclenched his fists and brought his palms faced down. Bringing his hips back so that you would lose your grip, he hoped to get out of your grasp.

But you knew that technique. Even you used that method. You kicked the back of his knees so that he was kneeling.

You could faintly hear him growling at the back of his throat. You were high with arrogance until he caught you off guard.

The mysterious guy did a head spin and kicked you back a few steps. Growling, you stepped forward.

He whipped out a gun and you stopped in your steps. You were quick but not quick enough to dodge a bullet.

“Stay right there or I’ll put a bullet through your head!”

You held your hands up and warily looked at the trembling boy behind you.

This was probably a bad idea but you provoked him even further, “Why don’t you put the gun down and fight me like a man?”

The younger boy secretly held his breath, hoping that the dangerous one would agree.

“What’s your name?” You whispered to him.

“K-Kevin.” He stuttered. Even though you looked intimidating, he felt safe and secure with you presence. And what’s even more strange was that he didn’t even know your, let alone seen you in his life.

“Fine. Let’s do that.” He dropped the gun and swung a punch at you.

You ducked and collided your fist with his stomach. You even tried tripping him but his feet worked quickly. His left foot kicked your gut and you doubled over in pain.

*This guy’s got a pretty hard kick. Who the hell is he?* You wondered.

Your eyes widened as his big fist came flying towards your face. You narrowly dodged it as you bent back. You did a back flip and kicked his jaw.

He lost his balance and fell to the ground. He groaned in agony. At the last of his patience, he took his pocketknife out.

Professionally, he twirled the sharp object around his index finger and thumb. You got into a fighting stance. Kicking your leg upwards, moved aside and swung his arm.

A deep cut formed on your arm and tore your clothes slightly. You gritted your teeth and he smirked with haughtiness.

After a few milliseconds, he moved forward with the knife in his hands tightly. You hopped on the wall and landed behind him. He figured you’d do that so he turned around and chucked the blade. You didn’t see it and the tip of the pocketknife glided across your cheek. You hissed.

Oh how glad you were at the moment that he didn’t seem to have that much of an accurate aim.

You clutched onto your cheek that was now leaking with blood.

You saw him eye the ‘forgotten’ gun that was on the ground. The younger boy surprisingly dove for the gun, knocking it near you.

The older male coldly glared at him and reached for him.

You cocked the gun, “Hold it.”

His body went rigid and he ran out the alleyway.

You scoffed, “Wow.. Fleeing? Tch.” You muttered to yourself.

“Thank you. Thank you so much. You just saved my life.”

Ignoring his display of appreciation, you tucked the gun into you belt, “Why was he here? Who is he?”

“I’m not really sure.”

He crossed his fingers behind his back, *I hope she doesn’t find out that I’m lying. I can’t rat him out.*

You absentmindedly dismissed the problem, sighing.

“Okay then. Well, are you okay Kevin?” You had a doubt about the boy, when he said he didn’t know who that mysterious man was, bus it disappeared when you took a look at his innocent face.

“Yes, I’m fine. Thanks to you. How about I treat you to some dinner?” He offered with a nice smile.

*Sorry Kevin, but nice and innocent boys like you are not my type. I go for more of a bad boy type.*

“I’m sorry, but you’re not my type.”

You walked away silently, leaving Kevin rejected and upset that he lost a chance at such a pretty girl.

*I hope I see you again, I never even got your name.* He wished silently.

----

You scrunched your face up but regretted that almost immediately. You tasted copper and you had a very good understanding of what that was. *Ugh, I hate that guy. My whole face is bruised and aside from that, my arm is cut along with my cheek.* You bitterly thought.

Being empty-handed wasn’t exactly your cup of tea, especially when your specialty was knives.

Sure you were good when it came to fighting with fists and bare hands, but not when you were in ‘comfortable’ clothes. Being in an oversized sweater, boots and jeans wasn’t exactly a fighting outfit. But who would’ve known you would encounter that problem?

It was also in the middle of winter, which happened to be your favorite season. Why did that matter? You grew accustomed to it and it made your fighting better. You always carried around a scarf or some kind of covering for your face, but it was very rare that you forgot your gun or sword.

You were an all-around agent, meaning you could fight with or without weapons, and you were skilled. But you were proud to say that you were at your best when you had any kind of blade. Whether it’s one knife, or more.

Heading back to B.A.P’s hideout, you pulled your hood over your head and tightened it. Pulling on the strings, you held your hand over your cut. Hopefully, the boys wouldn’t pay any attention to it.

Since you were just around the corner, you could faintly hear them whooping and hollering outside. “Yeah, go hyung!”  It sounded like Zelo’s voice.

You whipped out your phone;

To: Boss

Boss, I didn’t find any information about it.

It was a waste of my time.

As far as I know, nothing involved the ones at fault.

You were referring to the dads of the B.A.P members. At least, according to Kevin, he wasn’t anyone important or worth talking about. But then again, who is he?

From: Boss

I’m sorry ____. I really thought at least one of them would be there.

Well just go home for today, no need to visit B.A.P even though it’s only the morning.

It’s Sunday, take a day off.

Remember, stay safe.

I can’t afford to lose my best agent.

You huffed, *It’s not like you actually give a crap. Whether I died or not, the only thing you lose is an assassin. Nothing’s good about being one, I gave everything up the day I signed that contract and printed my DNA.*

The only thing you didn’t know what that your boss did actually treat you like her own daughter.

You shoved your hands into your pocket and walked with your head down.

Youngjae spotted you from afar and nudged Yongguk, “Hyung. She’s back~” He teased.

You were too preoccupied with your own thoughts you didn’t hear them.

“She looked like she was thinking about something...” Youngjae commented.

You walked straight past them, surprising even Daehyun.

“Hey, Pedo Noona!”

Hearing his voice, you looked up.

The dim light outside the club  shone at the side of your face. At the sight of your bruised face, everyone gasped except for Daehyun. Instead, his eyes widened in horror.

You lowered your head in embarrassment and tried walking away. Himchan grabbed a hold of your arm, “What the hell happened to you?!”

“So now you’re done being a jerk?” You snapped.

It wasn’t that you were upset over the injury, it was just that you were tired and just wanted to go home. What difference would it make if you were going to be with the boys or not? They lived well before, it shouldn’t matter now.

Your agent reflexes caused you to grab his arm and twist it back.

In realization, you quickly let go and pulled the hood down further.

Your long legs allowed you to get away further while the boys stood, watching you walk away.

“What’s her problem? What happened to that chick who didn’t give a crap about anything?” Himchan wondered aloud, rubbing his raw wrist.

Daehyun watched as your figure grew smaller and slowly started to fade. *How did she know how do to that? It took even us awhile to learn that. What else does that girl know?...*

The wondering boy unclasped his mask from his mouth. There were so many questions he was dying to ask. Like, “Who is she?”, “What else does she know?”, and most importantly, “Why does she have all those injuries?”

Yongguk stared at Daehyun, who was still staring at the now-gone figure, *I’m not sure if anyone else noticed but... why did she have a huge cut on her arm?* Yongguk wondered.

It was really hard to notice, considering how the sleeve was tore and blood still dripping down.

 

You threw the first aid kit onto your desk and grimly sat down.

Pouring alcohol onto a piece of cotton, you pressed it over your arm. You winced slightly and cleaned up the blood.

You went into the bathroom and disposed of the cotton. You looked at your face in the mirror and grimaced, *Ew. I look disgusting...*

Turning the faucet on, you washed your face with warm water. After that, you cleaned up the massive cut on your left cheek.

BEEP! BEEP!

Went your phone. Walking out of the bathroom to grab your phone, you slid your thumb across the screen;

From: Boss

____, I’ve enrolled you into their school.

Since the majority of them go to school, it would be easier for you to attend the same school; Seoul Academy.

You sighed, not even bothering to reply. *Only Zelo, Jongup, Youngjae and Daehyun go to school... What am I gonna do for Himchan and Yongguk?*

Yes, you say their names like you’ve known them your whole life. It doesn’t really matter, it’s only going to be a couple of months before this mission will be completed. All you have to do is take care of them from loan sharks or other harmful beings, and prove their dad innocent or guilty... Right?

---

OMG I LITERALLY JUST GOT POWER. HALLELUJAH. I HAVEN’T SEEN ANY TECHNOLOGY WORKNG IN THREE TO FOUR DAYS. I’M SO DAMN HAPPY. I actually wrote this during the hurricane. Having no power enables me to write on my laptop and just copy and paste the chapter into AFF since I type it on Microsoft. I would’ve posted this sooner but my internet was down. Actually, all of the power was still down and I posted this after I got power. So yeah... I hope everyone’s okay! :)