History Repeats

The Unpredictable Truth

J-Min - Stand Up

I’ve been stalking allkpop and SM’s Youtube channel for two hours for the album LOL. Gahd. When it came out, I was like “The two hours were so worth it!”

I love it. Beautiful is my new ringtone ^_^ I have the other songs as customized ringtones. WooHoo! <3 I love SHINee so much~! <3 - February 18th, 2013 10:23 P.M.

For the 6 who up-voted, thanks! I want silent readers to comment more :] - February 19th, 2013

I’m going on a SHINee rampage right now. I’m watching their comebacks and. Don’t even get me started. Message me if you want to fangirl and spam with me. Ppl are complaining on Fb but idc. Omg. I can’t. They’re so cute. I posted this around 1:30 - February 21, 2013

I'm absolutely crazy.


Minhwan, who joined Jaesul not long before, commented, “Wow! She’s good. Where’d you get her, Daesom?” He nudged her.

Daesom slapped his hand away and grunted, “Why don’t you as Jaesuk? I’m sure he would know. Oh right, he’s dead!” She scowled, “And don’t talk to me like I’m one of you I’m doing this against my own will.”

“Just get her in here. Get your best agents to take her down.” Jaesul said, hastily. He could care less if it was Daesom or someone else that would fight you. As long as someone would take you down, that was all that mattered.

Daesom frowned but did anyways. She contacted the base with the talkie. Little did she know, someone already told everyone at the base that Daesom was no longer head chief and wasn’t one of them anymore. She was now an outcast to the CIA, a betrayer, and an enemy. So unfortunately for her, no one would listen to her orders. As of right now, she was no longer in charge, nor trusted.

“They’re not answering to me.” Daesom said.

Jaesul shrugged carelessly, “Then you’ll just have to fight her yourself. And perhaps, the other agent, too.”

“I can’t fight her,” Daesom rejected, “She’s one of the most skilled agents in the agency. I’m not fighting her.”

“That’s not my problem, is it?” Jaesul smirked, “If you want to live, you have to do what you have to do.”

Daesom started to argue, “You don’t understand-“

The door was knocked down and you weren’t even surprised to see your trustful boss sitting on the lounge chair, making deals with the same guys you were trying to arrest.

Min Ah, on the other hand, was surprised to see her own boss chatting with the enemy. *Guess ____ was right when she told the base boss was betraying us.* Min Ah thought.

Daesom stood up, stuttering your name like she was caught, which she was.

You stared at her blankly, causing her to wriggle uncomfortably under your gaze. You looked from Jaesul, to her, then back to Jaesuk.

Choi Minhwan cackled upon seeing you in person. Daehyun’s hand curled into a fist, “Choi Minhwan.” He spat.

Minhwan shrugged, “Sup?”

Jongin entered the door, “Woah! Who’s this? Another recruit?”

Jaesul mused, “If so, it’s a rather unwilling one.”

“Oh?” Jongin tilted his head, “So is this the famous CIA agent?”

You put on your infamous poker face. Jung Changdon stared at his son, who stared right back at him. Even to his father, Daehyun didn’t lower his gaze level and still glared with pure hatred. And for a brief second, Changdon was overwhelmed. He didn’t expect his son to have that much of an intense look.

For the first time since you’ve entered the room, you spoke, “You can go in the easy way, or my way.”

Those simple words scared them, even Daehyun. But they wouldn’t admit that. Daehyun was trembling beside you and the words weren’t even directed towards him.

Jaesul regained his composure and spoke, “Lets see whose side Death is on tonight.”

You took a small step forward, “Death favors no one.”

You looked at Daesom with a dead expression. She noticed how your eyes clearly showed no hint of life, she nearly shuddered. You said something that made her die inside, “You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become a villain.”

She wanted to protest, to explain, but she caught Jaesul’s look that clearly read ‘Fight.’

You were expecting exactly that. She hesitated and you took that chance to whisper to Daehyun, “You need to do me a favor and tell everyone what happened today.”

He shook his head, “No. Because you’ll be able to live through this and tell it yourself.”

Min Ah saw her former boss approaching you two, “We need a plan to attack!”

“I have a plan; attack.”

You made the first move. You swung at Daesom’s face and she dodged it.

Seeing that you missed, she got a little too arrogant. “I was the one who trained the both of you. I know all your techniques.”

“I don’t think so. We don’t think like a coward, we think like a survivor.”

You and Min Ah teamed up to take down Daesom. It was a difficult fight. Sure, you were strong and skilled, but your boss was the one who taught you everything you knew. However, that didn’t mean you couldn’t beat her.

The three of you were throwing punches at each other here and there.

The five fathers didn’t do anything. Jaesul’s eyes landed on Daehyun who was watching helplessly on the sidelines.

Daehyun yelped as he ducked away from Jaesul’s outreached hands. You finished Daesom off with a strong punch to the side of her head. You didn’t kill her, you just knocked her out so that she was unconscious.

Your back was faced to Minhwan as you tried to help Daehyun. You didn’t notice the sharp blade in his hand as he flung it, aiming for your back. Min Ah, however, noticed and jumped in the way. It hit her and Min Ah knew very well that this was the end for her.

Memories came flooding back to you as you watched the scene in front of your very eyes. Curse words flew out of your mouth as you yanked the blade out and threw it at Minhwan’s chest. He died instantly and so did Min Ah.

*You shouldn’t have done that, Min Ah.*

Jaesul ‘knocked’ you out with a metal bat and your eyes rolled to the back of your head.

Daehyun growled and attempted to swing his fist at Jaesul’s face. Bang Guk’s dad was really starting to get on his nerves.

Jaesul caught Daehyun’s fist, burying them into his bear paws. Daehyun’s hand was so small compared to Jaesul’s. It was practically hidden under to big hand.

Someone dragged you out and Daehyun watched as his chest burned. His hopes were so little by now. The only reason as to why he had some hope left was because of you. Because he believed in you.

Daehyun looked at Jaesul in disgust. He spat on the ground, right next to Jaesul’s shoe, “You’re going to lose; it’s in your nature.”

Jaesul narrowed his eyes at the younger boy, “Your hero has disappeared. Where exactly is my disadvantage?”

“You lack conviction.”

Jaesul snarled and punched Daehyun. Daehyun rotated his jaw and spat blood out.

Two of Jaesul’s men came in and dragged Minhwan’s body out of the room. As they went, Jaesul and the remaining members of the gang stared at their former member’s dead body.

Jaesul pinned Daehyun to the wall and grabbed him by the neck. Daehyun lapped his hand over Jaesul’s, trying to loosen the grip as much as possible. He choked out, “Is this the first time you lost a soldier?”

“We are NOT soldiers!” Jaesul bellowed. He hated the fact that two of his gang members were brought down by a CIA agent. Brought down by someone who took orders from another. Brought down by a girl.

Jaesul put more force on the latter’s neck, “You will die with much regret.” He looked him straight in the eye, “You will regret siding with the CIA. And you will regret going against us. I will make you regret it.”

Daehyun stared back with just as much intensity, “I won’t regret anything. Even if I die by your hands, if I had another chance, I would pick ____ all over again.” Daehyun said proudly. He had no shame. The only thing he was ashamed of was being blood related to someone like his father.

He took the punched that were thrown at him. Jaesul punched him everywhere; face, gut, and all. Thinking about the past hour angered him and he took out all his frustration on Daehyun’s body.

Daehyun’s breathing was short and painful. Even with the bruised lip, he managed to smile, “She’ll get you... I know she will.”

 

While the two security guards dragged you by the arms, you were waiting for the perfect moment to escape. You took a peek and there was a gun strapped to their belts.

Abruptly, you yanked your arms away and yanked the gun out. You also took the blade out that was hidden in your shoe.

You weren’t even looking yet, you were able to throw the blade into the bigger guard’s eye.

He screamed out in pain and you shot the other man. You yanked the blade out from the eye socket without grimacing. You had long gotten used to it.

Jaesul watched the monitor as his hand shook. Daehyun watched with lidded eyes. He watched Jaesul’s reaction and was happy to see that Jaesul look terrified. Jaesul witnessed you take down two of his strongest men in under a minute, without breaking a sweat. Those two weren’t easy to kill but, you made it look like you could do it in your sleep. Jaesul watched you trail down the hallway in horror. He never thought there would be someone who would match his strength. He finally met his match. But he didn’t want to fight you. Truth be told, he was scared. He was scared to lose. His nerves were screaming and for the first time, cold fear plunged in his body.

Easily, you found Yongguk with a bag over his head and ropes tied his hands. Yongguk heard footsteps and he automatically knew it was you. He just had a really good feeling it was you. “Finally!” He exclaimed while you un-tied his feet and hands, “That took a little too long for an A+ agent.”

You grunted, “I already killed two of them. I’m on schedule, shut up.”

“Guards?” Yongguk took the bag off and ruffled his hair.

“Members. Minhwan and Jaesuk.”

You high-fived him and sent a text message to one of your co-workers. Moments later, he got a track on your location and called you.

“Yah. I need police here. Send them all throughout the block. I need at least 5 on each corner.” You instructed.

“Right away, sunbae.” Myungsoo, your hoobae, said, “We just tracked your location and back-up is coming right away, but we’re short on support.”

“What?” You snapped, “You ran out of guards? Well then get some agents here. This is what we trained for. I know Daesom betrayed us but that doesn’t mean we abandon a mission. This is real world, not exercise. Do you copy?” You said, annoyed.

“Yes. Back-up is on the way.”

You glanced at Yongguk, “You’re pretty stubborn when it comes to guns, right?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, you won’t stop shooting even if someone told you to stop, right?”

Yongguk smiled brightly, “Yeah.”

You handed him two guns that were full of bullets. “Shoot as much as you want.”

His smile was so big, his gums were popping out. He snatched the weapon out of your hands and crept out the door. Before he left to find Himchan, he sad, “Make sure you get them out alive. Okay? You have to promise me.”

“Of course. They’re my number one priority, as are you.”

Then, you both left.

You nearly screamed as you bumped into Zelo, whom you thought you left in the closet. “What are you doing here?!”

Zelo puffed, “I can do this. I can fight with you. I can help!”

You gave up, “Fine. But you can’t hesitate whatsoever. If you see someone, shoot them. I don’t want you to think first, I want you to shoot.

“I only have one bullet left.” He meekly said.

Your eyes widened, “Who’d you shoot?!”

“J-Jongup hyung’s dad...”

“Zelo,” You shook his shoulders, “You just made my life easier. Thank you!” You hugged him in gratitude.

He hugged you back gently, “So, what’s our next move?”

You paused, “... I don’t know.”

Zelo’s smile disappeared, “You don’t know?”

“I don’t know... I’m out of moves. I think... I think I failed the mission...” You sunk down.

Zelo crouched down besides you, “Noona. I know you know what to do. You just have to think. I believe in you... We believe in you.”

You could practically hear the tools working in your head. You searched for ideas. Your eyes lit up, “I got it. But I don’t know where it is. Zelo.” He looked at you. “Did you see a fire extinguisher anywhere?”

Zelo tapped his chin in thought, “I think I saw one when I was coming up.”

“Great! I need to get that. Cover my back?”

Zelo grinned, “Of course~”

As you went to receive the fire extinguisher, Jaesul stared at the monitor in thought. *What are you doing?*

“Over here!” Zelo pointed out. You ran over and yanked the red object off the wall. Zelo moved as you made your way past him, “What are you-“

You ran up to a security camera and sprayed it with the extinguisher.

Jaesul understood what you were doing a second later, as part of the screen was coated with white.

You looked through the rooms and every time you found a camera, you sprayed it.

Zelo and you checked all the rooms on that floor, yet no one was there. All the guards that were supposed to be patrolling the floor were taken out by you.

“Lets take the elevator.” You suggested. You ran over, but then groaned, “We need an ID card!”

Zelo held his hand up, ID card in it, “Got it!”

You grinned, slightly surprised by how witty he was. You swiped the card, the elevator doors opened and there were three guards inside. But you expected it as they were shot in less than three seconds.

You used the last of the foam to spray the elevator cameras. Zelo pressed a random number.

When the elevator reached the third floor, you heard a gun shot. “What was that?” The both of you whispered in unison.

To your relief, it was just Yongguk and next to him was Himchan, who was painfully holding his abdomen.

“Guk! Channie!” You walked over, “Do you think you can help me find Youngjae and Jongup?”

“Gladly,” Himchan winked.

You turned around but Yongguk held you back, “Where are you going?”

“I wanna go to the security room. Daehyun’s still alive, I know it. I just don’t know where he is.”

He frowned, “I didn’t risk my life so that you could walk away. My friends are still in danger and I’m not capable of saving him alone.”

“I plan on coming back.” You gritted your teeth, “My life isn’t as important as his.”

“That’s where you’re wrong,” Yongguk warned, “Don’t do this. Let us come with you.” He blocked your way.

“Get out of my way.”

“We’re coming with you.” Himchan said, also grabbing your arm.

“Okay, okay. How do we do this though?”

“As a team.”

“We already cleared out this floor, though, there weren’t many guards.”

You frowned, “Really?” You pondered for a moment, “Do you think-?”

Your eyes widened as you pressed the elevator button repeatedly. The elevator was taking too long as you took the stairs. The three boys followed you, “Wait up!”

You moved up the stairs three steps at a time, “There’s no time!” You cried.

You were starting to get suspicious when there were no guards patrolling the floors. It seemed like they were all reported to do something else...

You ran as fast as you could. If you were even a second slower, his life might’ve been in danger.


My other review (Click)

Credits to w r i t t e n . i n . t h e . ★ s. ↷ r e v i e w . s h o p (Click)

Now, I'm not bashing on this review shop but in my opinion, I felt she could've gave me more details or rather, what to improve. I didn't really get much from the grammar part. I mean, yes, English is my first language. But I got a 24/25. Can't I get a part on where my grammar screwed up?

I understand that it's a common-ish(?) storyline but I tried to make it as unique as possible. As for the title, I asked my friend to help me come up with it. When she suggested it, I was pretty pulled in by it. I was reall upset when my eyes read "not eye-catching". I found it to be very eyecatching, actually. And she also said that she hopes for the story to reveal not only CIA secrets but others, too. Well, I kinda did. This review has a better format but I wish it was a little descriptive.

Now, again, I am not bashing on the shop. I'm just expressing my own opinion.