Anti-Drug

The Unpredictable Truth

Song Ji Eun - It's Cold

Ever get so fed up of something? Ugh. Enjoy, guys.


“Why don’t you wake him up?”

“Me?!”

“Yeah, you. He wouldn’t stop talking about yesterday. Go!”

“Alright! Stop pushing!”

Yongguk pushed you inside Daehyun’s room and quickly shut the door. You regained your balance and straightened out your uniform.

You had waited for them so that you could go to school together. Fortunately, for matchmaker Yongguk, someone still needed to wake Daehyun up. And yes, the leader himself was trying to create some sparks between the masked gangster and cold agent, aka you. Daehyun still wore his mask but he often showed his bare face around you. That made you wonder why he wore it in the first place. It wasn’t to hide his face from other gangsters, probably not since almost everyone on the streets both practically knew and feared B.A.P. Of all members, only Daehyun wore a mask.

You inched towards Daehyun, who was sleeping peacefully. Your hand reached for him but before you could even touch him, a hand held your wrist.

Daehyun slowly opened his eyes and smiled. “Hello...” He murmured.

“Hi...” Your voice put him at ease.

Daehyun sighed in satisfaction. It was nice waking up to a gentle voice rather than a deep raspy one.

“Time to get up sleepyhead.”

“You just don’t like calling people ‘oppa’, huh?”

---

“Hara unni, why are they always together now?”

Hara clenched her fists and her jaw tightened, “I don’t know but I don’t like it. We have to do something about it. Follow me.” Her heels clacked as she stormed down the hallways with the rest of Kara behind her.

B.A.P never really paid attention to Kara, even tough they were supposedly the queenkas of the school. That’s why they didn’t notice Hara eyeing you.

 

The principal sighed and sunk lower in his seat as his secretary knocked on his door, “____-sshi made another teacher quit.”

Principal Shin drove his hand through his hair, “That’s it. We need someone who’ll be actually be able to handle these kids. Why did I ever become the principle of a school for delinquents...” He mumbled the last part to himself.

He picked up the phone and made a phone call.

“It’s about time we have some discipline in this school.”

 

And that was how you found a new teacher in your homeroom. Not thinking much of the guy, you put your feet on the table like you always did and closed your eyes. Your eyes shot opened when the sound of a stick connecting with wood was heard.

“You there! Put your feet down, that’s school property!” (A/N: LOL. It sounds weird...)

You looked around, “Is he talking to me?”

Other students shrugged and some nodded and avoided your stare, not wanting to get picked on by you.

You raised an eyebrow and jerked your thumb towards yourself, “Me?”

He gave a stiff nod, giving you a hard stare that would’ve made others flinch. But not you. How would a teacher’s stare make you grimace when shots to the body wouldn’t?

Slowly and teasingly, you put your feet to the ground. You propped your elbow on the desk and rested your chin on your fist, “I don’t know who or what you think you are, but I can care less. I don’t have to be here.”

“From your attitude, I’m guessing you’re Kim ____.”

You smirked, “Right you are.”

“There’s always gotta be a smarty pants in the class, whether it’s a boy or girl. I’m different than other teachers, Kim ____. Things are gonna change around here whether you like it or not. Now shut your mouth. I don’t give a damn how you do it, just don’t let me hear you.” He snapped.

You cocked your head to the side, *This’ll be interesting...*

---

Slight differences were made in the school. Now that there was actually disciplinary, the overall behavior of the school improved. Most, not all.

Mr. Choi, your new tough homeroom teacher, intimidated some. Others didn’t care. And you just so happened to fall into the category.

Now that someone took charge, he would always wake you during your naps in class. He refused to let you have your ways.

“____!” He barked. You popped your head up and opened an eye, “What?”

He smacked the board with his stick, a usual gesture he did, ”Answer this.”

*We’re learning English right now?* You made your way up to the chalkboard and picked up the piece of chalk. Giving Mr. Choi a smug look, you began writing in perfect script.

“Don’t think you’re so great, teacher.” You said to him in fluent English.

Your rude behavior angered him. He clutched onto his stick, it frustrated him how he couldn’t seem to get you annoyed. As a teacher, he wanted you to actually try and become a good student.

 

“Did you hear what ____ said to Mr. Choi?!”

“She’s not scared of anything!”

“She’s so cool, I wanna ask her out.”

Hara growled. “Why is everyone talking about her?!”

She glared at you from across the hall, “She can’t just walk in here and act like she owns the place. We need to do something quick.”

With an evil grin she went to the janitor’s closet and planned everything out.

 

You closed your locker door as Daehyun jumped behind you, “Boo!”

You stared at him before realizing what he was trying to do. “Ooh! You were trying to scare me! Okay uhm.. Ahh?”

Daehyun spoke quietly behind his mask, “Weirdo. You wanna eat with me for lunch?”

You shrugged, “Sure.”

Daehyun’s eyes carved into tiny crescent shapes, “Lets go.” He grabbed your hand and tugged along.

He did it so naturally but in reality, his heart was thumping from the simple action.

Squeals of jealousy roared through the hallway but Daehyun didn’t seem to mind- or notice. A random girl came up to you, “Why does she get to hang out with you, oppa?”

Daehyun didn’t reply to her, he never talked to outsiders. They’ve never heard his voice.

You replied for him, “Really?” You looked her up and down. The skirt was half as long as yours and her top was cut so that it showed more of her cleavage.

Her jaw dropped as you bumped shoulders with her.

Daehyun just had to make it worse by tapping your nose and winking at you.

All the girls were crying of envy. They had never seen this playful side of the quiet boy. They’ve always received a cold aura from him, no words exchanged.

But now, you come in and Daehyun acts as if he was head over heels over you. Which, he was.

You excused yourself and walked to the bathroom while Daehyun patiently waited for you at the rooftop garden.

Kara blocked you, “You little brat!” Hara attempted to slap you but you caught her wrist.

You had a poker face on but anyone who had common sense knew you got pissed with the confrontation, “Don’t even think about it.”

Kara all tried attacking you but you dodged all of their punches. You caught Seungyeon’s fist. She pushed you away, “Stop hanging out with our B.A.P oppas!”

You rolled your eyes, which ticked Hara off. She walked in front of you and attempted to smack you again. A hand caught her wrist before you did.

You looked up, *Daehyun...*

You disconnected his grasp from her hand, “Get lost... NOW!”

Unwillingly, they whimpered in fear and scurried away. Students who just happened to see the scene was now even more appalled. Not only were they scared of you before but now, even the arrogant ones were terrified to approach you.

Daehyun brushed your red bangs away from your face. His gaze stared you down and for a slight moment, you felt like your legs were about to give up on you. *What the hell?! Why do I feel so weak around him?*

Being inexperienced with love, you didn’t know this was a sign of falling in love. Oh well, you were about to find out anyways.

---

“Hi there.”

You looked up from your lunch and stared at the boy, who is also in your homeroom class. You chewed your food slowly, boring your gaze into him. No one ever talked to you, they were too scared to. It was a wonder what he was doing here.

People would usually stay within a 20 feet radius away from you. Your looks would catch their attention but the murderous aura around you kept them away. You even had a chance to become the new queenka. It was your lack of communications that disabled you to.

You blinked twice before resuming your lunch.

The boy cleared his throat, embarrassed. “My friend over there wants your number.” He jerked his thumb towards his friend who was standing with other classmates.

You stared at him as he shifted uncomfortably. It felt like someone was shooting a laser at him. It was obvious that he wanted your number, also.

You stood up and threw the leftover kimchi away, “I’m not too fond of people like you.”

You went towards your locker and spun the dial. Someone turned you around, “Hey-“

“Shut up and quit annoying me!”

Zelo held his hands up, “Woah!”

“Oh sorry Zelo. I thought you were someone else.” You closed the locker with a grunt.

“Do you want to go with me to meet hyungs?”

You shrugged but followed.

Steam was practically coming out of Hara’s ears. She was already annoyed enough when there were rumors about you and B.A.P. Now that she actually saw you with one of them, she grew jealous. She was the queenka! How could the kingkas not talk to the queenkas but talk to someone who was just about anti social?!

---

“How’d you know I was here?”

“I saw you on the roof when I came in.”

You sat next to Daehyun on the rooftop. It was dark and the stars were out.

He smiled, “I only come out here when I have a lot on my mind.”

You looked at him, “What are you thinking about?”

“You.” He honestly replied.

Your eyes widened in surprise. What could he possibly be thinking about? “I still remember when you were so cold to us. Whenever you didn’t come to us, I would want to look for you, “He chuckled, “And now, we’re so close.”

“So what’s bothering you?” You asked after a moment of silence.

Instead of replying, Daehyun sighed and took something out from his back pocket. Your expression turned into disappointment as he took a cigarette out and lit it. He held the white box out, “You want one?”

You grabbed it and chucked it down the street. Taking the stick out from his mouth, you put it out in the ashtray. “Get rid of your smoking habit. You’re just threatening your own life.”

You didn’t know why but it got you so mad when he put that cigarette between his lips. You were never for putting your own life in danger. And you never really cared when you saw other people, such as acquaintances, smoke. But when Daehyun did that, your heart wrenched and you just acted before you thought. Your hand subconsciously threw that packed down the block.

Why?