Anticipate Nothing More

The Unpredictable Truth

Katy Perry - E.T.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh63nfmb3p0


You grew worried when the room was empty. In frustration, you knocked over a chair with your foot. There was a note on the wall and you yanked it off. It read;

Hello, agent.

I’m sorry we didn’t have time to chat. I have a little something to do with Daehyunnie. I’m asking you because you’re his girl.

What color theme would he like for his funeral?

See... People consider me a terrorist. I consider myself as a hero... Lesson #1: Heroes... There are no such things.

P.S. You can’t stop me

- Bang Jaesul

You crumpled the note and threw it on the ground. “Find the security room!” You hollered.

Jaesul was starting to get on your nerves. He was moving everywhere and you had no choice but to chase after him.

Just then, you remembered that there was supposed to be back up outside. When you looked out the window, it was rather empty. No one was there except for the fleeing Jaesul, remaining members, and the unconscious three of B.A.P.

“Damn it!” You immediately punched in some numbers and waited for someone to pick up the phone.

“H-hello?”

“Where are the guards?!” You screamed into the phone.

“On their way...” Myungsoo whimpered, frightened.

“Do you realize where the enemy is?” You demanded, “They’re outside, where you’re supposed to be!”

You hung up and turned to Yongguk, “When we get back to the CIA base, you three stay there. Don’t follow me later.”

You punched the brick wall in anger, “Damnit!”

“____!”

You closed your eyes, “I don’t know what I’m doing right now.”

They saw how mad you were and agreed to stay behind. Moments later, some of the CIA agents arrived and took them inside the van.

You didn’t have a single clue on where they were going so you followed back to the headquarters.

----

You slammed your hand onto the wooden table, “You won’t succeed as an agent if your speed is close to nothing. God damn it, L!”

Myungsoo winced when he heard his code name. He stayed silent and hung his head in shame, knowing that you were right.

“Listen up!” Your voice echoed throughout the office, “Just because bos- Daesom isn’t here anymore doesn’t mean we can slack off. As your sunbae, I’m supposed to teach you otherwise. If I remember correctly, we should never abandon a mission unless told to do so.” You reminded. Some nodded in agreement and other wordlessly stood. You continued, “All of you better stop up your game. Chief executive Mr. Name, aka second in command, can’t help as he’s in Japan, taking care of his own matter. I’ll take charge for now,” You paused and raised an eyebrow, “Unless someone else thinks they can handle being in charge.”

No one raise their hand. No one could fight as well as you. Truth be told, everyone was scare. Sure, the majority of them had missions before but they thought they weren’t capable of handling Jaesul. Know why? Because for the first time since Si Yeon’s death, you were having trouble with finishing your mission.

You sighed, “If none of you are willing to help, then suit yourself.”

A small smile appeared on your lips when everyone got prepared. Despite how messy the office was, everyone was able to get at least one gun. Everyone but you. You were going to fight with your specialty. It wasn’t with guns, nor is it with fists, but with knives.

“...____...”

The voice was all too familiar. For a split second, you thought you were hallucinating.

You whipped around on your heels and for the first time that day, your expression was bright. “Daehyun!” You ran in to embrace him but he moved back.

You took in the tears that were evident in his eyes. His hands trembled by his sides. He took a few steps back and you noticed his bottom lip quivering.

You felt like your heart broke when he lifted his shirt, revealing an explosive device tied to him. Your stomach knotted and you tasted bitterness in your mouth.

Daehyun wanted to warn you but he couldn’t bring himself up to say anything. Out of nowhere, Jaesul popped out from behind. He held out a silver tube and flicked the top cover, opening it. “If I press this button,” He rested his thumb dangerously on the red button, pausing for dramatic effect, “It’s all over. For everyone.” He emphasized.

You put your hands out, “Drop it...”

Jaesul put a hand on Daehyun’s trembling shoulder, “This boy here’s gonna help me.” He smirked.

Changdon whispered something to Jaesul, making him grunt. “I’ll be back. Oh, yeah! Don’t even think about trying to disable the bomb. It’s impossible.” He mused, leaving the building.

You ignored everything he said. You went over to try and disable the ticking bomb but Daehyun yelped, “No!”

You froze and looked at him. He stepped back so that there was a safe distance between the two of you, “If anyone touches this, it’ll blow.”

You grunted, “I can fix that.”

You attached the chip you had used at the pharmacy. Daehyun huffed when it didn’t blow up.

“It’s a code...” You murmured, running your fingers gently over the track pad. This was yet to be one of the most difficult things to crack. But, lucky for you, it wasn’t a problem for the CIA. Only because the CIA was the one who actually made the machine. Apparently, Bang Jaesul didn’t know that.

“Looks like he’s not as smart as he thinks he is.” You muttered under your breath.

Myungsoo went into the backroom and handed you some kind of special tool. You shined the blue light towards the keypad. Daehyun blinked when Jaesul’s fingerprints were visible.

“2, 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 0.” You said and looked at Myungsoo when he typed in he numbers He took a tiny plastic sheet and copied Jaesul’s fingerprint.

Once he traced the markings, numbers appeared on the screen. You didn’t understand it, but Myungsoo did. He was known as the tech geek in the CIA.

Finished pressing several buttons, he said, “Type ‘0925742’”

You trusted Myungsoo so you pressed the buttons without hesitating, scaring the crap out of Daehyun.

The code was accepted but there was something that you didn’t have the answer to. Even though you unlocked it, the bomb was still ticking with only five minutes left.

“Why is it still beeping...?” You asked no one in particular.

Jaesul’s obnoxious laughter filled the room. “Of course it’s still beeping! I’m not stupid.” He scoffed.

Jaesul waved Daehyun back over and you slowly let go. Your chest tightened as more time passed. 4:05... 4:04... 4:03... 4:02... 4:01... 4:00

Jaesul capped the button, “It won’t stop unless you cut the correct wire or unless you press the button, but of course, that would end everything.”

*So it’s a wired bomb...* You thought.

At this point, you didn’t know what to do anymore. Jaesul was smart. He knew what your moved were. He knew your style of fighting. He knew your style of thinking.

His lips tugged into a satisfied smirk, “Go ahead and cute a wire. Any write that you think will de-activate the bomb. But remember, everyone’s lives are in your hands.”

He held his hands out as if he was taunting you, “So, are you one for the challenge Lee ____? Ready to prove that you’re not just muscles and strength?”

You didn’t even want to see B.A.P’s expressions.

You breathed, “Don’t you want to live?”

“I have nothing else to live for,” Jaesul spat, “But I’ll live in pleasure knowing that you died in hell with me.”

“You can go to the deepest depths of hell yourself.” With spot-on accuracy, you kicked the object out of his hands and he fell back, the silver can tumbling out of his hands.

Jaesul tried to reach for it but you kicked it out of his grasp. You held the tube tightly in your palm and Jaesul went rigid. Thanks to your sharp, animal-like eyesight, you caught that and had an idea.

Jaesul uncertainly caught that can thrown at him. He looked at you with much confusion. “Press it,” you said.

“What?!”

Your fellow agents looked at you as if you’ve suddenly grown two more heads. Min reached for you, “What the hell are you doing?! I know you’re the best agent here but that doesn’t give you the right to kill us all off!”

You shrugged her off, “I know what I’m doing.” You hissed quietly.

Jaesul triumphantly smirked in delight, “Your parents were so easy to capture, and you’re no better. Poor little ____.”

At the mention of your parents, your will to grew him grew even stronger.

“I don’t want to hurt you. Just let me go now.” He bargained.

“Why? I’m okay with hurting you,” you snapped.

Jaesul shrugged, “Fine.” He paused, “I’ll let everyone go. But! Only if... you kneel.”

“Not today.”

He outstretched his hand and pressed the button. You smirked when nothing happened, *I knew it.*

You tackled Jaesul to the ground. Jaesul wasn’t as fast as your trained speed and he wasn’t able to flip you over.

You raised your fist, “Give up now Jaesul.”

“Why don’t you just kill me?” He hissed, struggling to get up due to your strength.

“Tell me where the drugs are and I’ll give you your life back.”

“I don’t want my life back,” He scowled, “You’ll fail, Lee ____. You’ll be dragged down by those around you. Your friends? Don’t need them because in the end, you’re all alone. You’ll fail and you’ll have a miserable death.”

And just like that, you knocked him out with your fist.

“Tch. And I was hoping for a better fight.” You spat next to Jaesul’s unconscious body.

Daejun and Changdon tried running away but you didn’t chase after them, as you knew that there was security surrounding the entire perimeter.

Jaesul wasn’t in the way now but there was still Daehyun’s bomb, with only 10 seconds left.

10...

You held the pliers in your hands and kept switching between the red wire and the blue wire.

9... 8...

The end of the tool rested on the blue wire, threatening to snap. You clenched your teeth and switched for the nth time.

7... 6...

“Isn’t there another way to stop this?!” You yelled in aggravation.

5...

“Aniyo.. Jaesul really thought it through. We can only stop it by the wire...”

4...

“There must be a way!” You exclaimed, “Do you at least know which wire?!”

Myungsoo looked into your eyes, wincing at your plead. He guessed, “Blue?”

“No! It’s the red!” Someone else yelled.

3... 2...

*Snip!*

Eyes widened, jaws dropped, hearts froze. You snipped it so abruptly that everyone thought the bomb blew.

You stared at the cut, red wire and the non-working bomb.

Daehyun stared at you, “H-how’d you know to cut the red wire?”

“I... I didn’t...” You shook your head, “I guessed. I based it off of movies... I’ve always seen them cut the red wire...”

“Bwoh?!” Daehyun yelped.

“It’s all over..” You sank to the ground, thankful to take a rest, “Everything’s over...”


Not over yet~

Oh! By the way, I already have my next story ready ;)