Fear of Heights

The Unpredictable Truth

Maroon 5 - Payphone


Being your usual early-bird self, you woke up at 6. But for some reason, you were actually reluctant to wake up. It just felt so comfortable...

You snuggled closer to his chest- wait. Chest?!

You immediately bounced up and became aware of your surroundings. From the corner of your eye you saw Daehyun sleeping peacefully with his right arm laid out. And that was where your head was just seconds ago. Your cheeks flushed pink, *When did he come here?*

Last time you remembered he was all the way on the other side of the room.

Even though you had to wake them up, it was tempted to lay back down.

Realizing you just said that, you cleared your throat awkwardly and went to brush your teeth in your own room. Today was already the last day in Disney. I guess it’s true when they say that time flies when you’re having fun.

You hurriedly bought breakfast from the cafeteria and took it for take out. You brought it back up to the room and set everything out so that the boys could get a little more sleep.

---

“Guk-ah~ You have to wake up.” You huffed, it was quite hard waking up the leader. You shook him even more but he didn’t shift once. Was he always this much of a deep sleeper?

You tried another technique. “Guk oppa~!” You cooed sweetly.

That did the trick.

Yongguk’s eyes opened, looking like a wide-eyed bug. He turned his head, “What’d you call me ____?” He asked huskily. His morning voice was raspy and deeper than usual.

“Wake up, booger head.”

He sat up, ruffling his hair, “That’s not what you called me.” He grunted.

“Well now I did.” You got up from your crouching position and flicked his forehead.

“Aye. Himchannie!~ erted Himchannieeee~” You chanted.

Yongguk, who was already looking through the various amount of food, chuckled.

Himchan peeked through one eye and puckered his lips, “You have to kiss your prince charming~”

“Haha.” You sarcastically laughed, “Get up before the food gets cold.”

Fortunately, Jongup and Youngjae were easy to wake up.

Zelo, on the other hand, didn’t get up until he heard to word ‘food’.

When you realized Daehyun was the last one, you blushed at the memory of waking up next to him. “Daehyun.. W-Wake up” You patted his shoulder lightly. His eyes slowly opened, turning into a glare for interrupting his sleep but softened when he realized it was you.

“Annyeong...” He didn’t mean to but he sounded cute.

You didn’t want to admit it but he looked cute, too. The way his hair was messy but looked so natural on him. The was his eyes were already the size of the regular eyes even though he just woke up. The way his voice was deep and raspy since he just woke up. The way he said your name. It drove you crazy.

Too bad you didn’t know why.

You two were just quietly looking intently in each other’s eyes when sneaky Yongguk started coughing loudly and then whistling.

You were first to look away and got up, “Uh..” You cleared your throat, “There’s food on the table.” Daehyun nodded and got up, too.

You sat next to Himchan and he put his hand on your thigh, “Jagi, why are you cheating on me with Daehyun?” He joked, a stupid grin spreading on his face.

You thumped his forehead with your thumb and tried to hide the pink that was growing on your cheeks.

Purposely, Yongguk made Daehyun sit next to you and the latter grabbed his share of food.

“____,” Yongguk’s eyes clearly showed an evil sparkle, “I think you should keep calling me Guk Oppa like you did before. I like that nickname.”

You scowled, knowing his true intention, “I called you booger head!” You gave a glass of water to the choking and surprised Daehyun.

Yongguk’s eyes turned into slits, remembering that you called him such a disturbing name, “Before that.”

“I wanna be called oppa!” said Himchan.

“No comment...” You shifted in your seat. Should you? Must you remember that you wouldn’t be with these boys forever. That the relationship between you and the boys should be nothing more than a stranger. Since, after this, you will never see each other again. But you didn’t want to think about that right now. You refused to.

“Okay.. Himchan Oppa?” You squeaked.

You looked rather intriguing than cute because of your evil/scary aura and looks.

“____, aren’t you missing someone?”

“Youngjae oppa?”

“Oh yeah. There’s him.” Yongguk blinked innocently, “But I meant...”

“Dae oppa?”

Daehyun couldn’t hide the satisfied smirk that spread on his face. Score! He had a nickname, too! Now, his hyung couldn’t brag about it.

“Just hurry up and eat. We have a lot to do today.”

You ate the last of your scrambled eggs and continued packing. You would’ve packed for the slow boys too but who knows what you might find...

Anyways.

They eventually finished eating their breakfast and packed everything,

“We aren’t coming back so we need to make sure we have everything. I’ll check our luggages so they’ll send it to the airport back in Korea. I’ll put them all as carry-on so we don’t have to drag them around with us. Chop chop chop!” You ranted on and on.

The boys, who were slightly listening, just packed. Daehyun finished packing last night and waited next to you.

To your pleasure, the said gangster that was told to be as tough as nails and intimidating on the streets was here, thinking of ways to tease you. More like thinking of a way to approach and talk to you...

He went with his first childish instinct. He poked your side, causing you to jump. He giggled when your eyes widened and you glared at him.

Soon, a poking war broke out.

The two eldest of the group was watching from afar, faith growing inside them.

“Channie.. Do you think..?”

“I really hope so, hyung. I really hope so...”

Hope surged through the two pessimistic boys that just wished for someone to bring their Daehyun back to life.

If you thought Daehyun was happy at the moments, boy were you wrong.

---

The maknae stared at the angry foreigner who seemed to be asking for directions.

You had gone to the front desk to check all the luggages. Daehyun, of course, went to accompany you, leaving the 5 lost boys behind.

From afar, you saw a stubby red-faced man associating with Zelo. You started to get worried when he started stomping his feet.

You ran over and asked in English, “May I help you?”

But to your surprise, he started speaking in French. And to the boys’ surprise, you responded!

The angry man straightened his tie and followed your direction. Thank goodness for your knowledge of languages. If more time passed, God knows what might’ve happened.

“Noona, how many languages do you know?!” Zelo asked, flabbergasted.

“13?.. 14?” I forgot. Somewhere in the low teens.” You commented.

Daehyun raised his eyebrows with a smirk, *This girl.. is just something else.* You definitely caught his attention.

 

“Aigo,” You sighed, “What a day!”

The past days in Disney were fun but exhausting. Well, vacations are always tiring.

This place was the last part of your vacation; Hollywood Studios. It was where the famous Tower of Terror was. Even though you were an agent, you were terrified of heights. The only reason as to why you didn’t have that petrified feeling when you deal with heights on your mission was because your A+ agent side was on.

Even though you were just grabbing a bite right now,  you couldn’t help but get nervous. The boys were eager to go on the frightening ride. You wanted to go but you were really anxious. If you didn’t go on the ride now, you would probably regret it when you go back home. This was the only time where you were on ‘vacation’ and you didn’t want to miss this chance.

When you were finally in ride for the line, there were times where you wanted to ditch. But then you tried to calm down, *You handled things bigger than this, ____. It’s just a little ride.*

The whole row was you and B.A.P. You were on the side and Daehyun was next to you.

For those of you that don’t know, the Tower of Terror is a ride in Disney where it’s basically like an elevator going up and dropping down. It slowly inches its way up to the 13th floor and drops down drastically. And to make it even more terrifying, the elevator doors open up, that way you could see the elevator dropping. (Just Google it for more details..-_-“)

The ride started moving, going through the story and introduction. As a habit, your hand moved on its own and clutched onto Daehyun’s hand. Daehyun’s heartbeat accelerated, not because of fear but because you were connected to him.

The elevator rose up and you were on the verge of tears. *Here it comes- AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!*

You scared out, “KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” As the elevator dropped down. Your heart felt like it leaped out of your body.

The elevator started repeating the process a few times before the ride was completely over. Beads of sweat were on your forehead and you headed out the exit.

“I can’t feels my hands...” Daehyun grumbled.

“Are you scared of heights?”

You nodded.

“Then why’d you go?!”

“Because I would’ve regretted not going!”

 

And that concluded your vacation.


Sorry guys. I got bored writing at the end...