Tell Me Goodbye

The Unpredictable Truth

Big Bang - Tell Me Goodbye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL_ZtSCk68A


Jaesul was arrested and now, you were able to say ‘Mission Accomplish!’

All of B.A.P was treated and thankfully, no one was seriously hurt. After hearing about Daesom’s betrayal, Mr. Nam came back immediately to assess the situation.

To determine the new boss, they held a meeting with all the other agencies around the world. In the end, it was decided that Mr. Nam would take over since he was second in charge anyways.

Daesom was all taken care of, as she, too, was arrested.

You stood, tall and proud. Mr. Nam smiled, “You did well, Night Raven. You’re now relieved of this mission.”

You respectfully bowed to your new boss. Mr. Nam clapped, ”Everyone did well!”

Tired, you plopped down on your seat and buried your head into your arms. “Night Raven,” someone called out.

You looked up upon your boss’s voice. Mr. Nam waved your over to his office. You stumbled your way over and closed the door on your way in, “You wanted to see me, sir?”

“Yes,” He put his hands together and looked at you, “You understand that you’ve broken several rules, yes? Such as bringing outsiders into the base, hacking into our systems and... falling in love? The most dangerous one of all...”

You looked down, “Everything wasn’t real, sir. I promise, I’ll leave once this is all over... Sir.”

What came next was both expected and unexpected.

“You’ll have to take the agency test again.”

“Yes, sir.”

----

Daehyun scowled as the alcohol connected with the gash on his cheek.

“ it up, hyung,” said Jongup, who was also getting his wounds treated.

What followed was loud silence. This seemed to happen a lot after the Jaesul incident. No one wanted to stay silent, but they were too awkward to talk about it.

The nurses left, leaving the six to an atmosphere of stillness. Yongguk was the first to clear his throat, “Yah, yah. Waegulae? At least it’s all over. Lets just forget about it.”

“Yeah!” Himchan agreed, “Lets go find ____!”

Daehyun’s scowl disappeared immediately, “Call!”

He whipped his phone out, dialing your number. His face fell and s exchanged looks.

“The number you have dialed is no longer in service. Please try again later.”

Daehyun’s eyebrows bunched up together as he tried to re-dial your number several times. Every time he called, that message would appear each and every time.

In frustration, Daehyun threw his phone across the room, shattering into pieces.

Yongguk rubbed his back soothingly, “I don’t think she was ever for you, Dae. She’s an agent, she kills for a living. You two are two different people-“

“I don’t care what she does. I won’t abandon her like that!” Daehyun protested. He sank to his knees as tears streamed down his cheeks. *She could’ve at least said bye...* He bitterly thought.

 

On the other hand, you were having just as much trouble as Daehyun. You just didn’t show it. On the outside, you were a fearless and expressionless agent. On the inside, though, you felt like you were dying. It hurt to know that you were going to separate from Daehyun and possibly, never see him again.

You took a deep breath and prepared for your re-take. The glass doors slid open, inviting you in.

Your fingers ran over the Sniper Rifle. When your eyes landed on the numbered targets, you knew exactly what test this was. At first, this test was fair to you. Now, you felt like you could do it in your sleep. But since you already experienced this test, they probably made it harder for you.

If you were to shoot the targets in order from one to ten within a minute and a half, you would pass this round. At first, it was three minutes but they cut down half of the time for you.

The timer started the moment you picked up the gun. You crouched down and closed your right eye, looking into the scope with your left.

One... Two... Three... Four... Five...

It took you less than one second to notice that the ‘6’ was turned upside down to a ‘9’ You honestly expected more from them but whatever.

And you shot all ten within 47.8 seconds. The PA speaker came on, “Not your best but... enough to pass.” said Mr. Nam.

You scowled and mentally hit yourself, *Focus, Lee ____! Stop thinking about him!*

In the next round, it was a verbal test. “Alright, Night Raven,” Mr. Nam piled up the papers, “You know what this is for, no? Well, just to refresh your memory, it’s word association. Do you know the right thing to do and when? That’s what we’ll find out.”

He peered at the papers, “Daesom marked a hundred for you on this one. Lets see if it remains a hundred, shall we.”

“That’s fine by me.” And thus, the ‘interview’ began.

“What comes to mind when you hear the word ‘murder’?” He asked. Of course, these were different questions than the ones you were asked long ago.

“Employment.” You answered immediately.

“Heart?” Mr. Nam questioned.

“Target.”

“What is ‘love’?”

Your fists tightened under the table, “Forbidden.”

Mr. Nam looked at you for a long time before asking the final question, “What do you do in a situation where you’re surrounded and you’re unarmed?”

You knew the answer to that very well, “Do best with what you have where you have.”

Mr. Nam closed the folder, “Congratulations, Night Raven. You’ve lived up to your hundred.”

Before he exited the door, he turned around, “____.”

You looked up, “Yes, sir?”

“Don’t you regret falling in love with him?”

You stared straight into his eyes with your cold and hard ones, but behind that, was full of care. Something no one has ever saw from you, besides Daehyun. “I regret a lot of things but I’m not sure that one’s on the list.”

You walked out the door, leaving him behind. Mr. Nam chuckled good-heartedly and shook his head, *Liking someone isn’t a choice, ____. It’s what the heart is demanding.*

 

“This is your final test. Good luck!”

This time, it was you against Mr. Nam. If you were to be able to hit him at least once, agent exam passed. If he hit you, you would’ve failed this round.

The both of you got into stance as each of you were waiting for the first move. As expected, you made it.

You lifted your leg to kick him in the stomach but he wasn’t that easy to hit.

Throughout the entire session, neither one of you were able to get a hit. You had to admit, Daesom was a lot easier of a target. Mr. Nam was faster and wittier. He was able to determine your moves by looking at your posture. His mind was quick enough to think about what you were going to do next.

While you were trying to hit him, you realized you were wasting all your stamina. He wasn’t trying to hit you, he was trying to dodge your hits and waste your energy. You caught him off guard when you did a cartwheel and kicked him down by your feet.

He tumbled to the ground with a large smile, “... Pass.”

“Sajangnim...” You hesitated, “I have a request.”

“What is it?”

----

You ignored all the pleas that were yelled at you. All you did was focus on your destination. The jail guard unlocked the gate and you went in. You looked at the figure on the floor pitifully.

Daesom stopped drawing random lines on the dirt and looked up at you, scowling. “Came to see your former boss?”

Wordlessly, you stared at her. She continued, “I guess you aren’t so perfect after all. You were nearly killed and I almost died with you. I can’t believe I thought you could save me from everyone.”

“I never was. You just treated me like royalty.”

Daesom had no say to that one. You started closing up on her, “Now what was it that you said? Take the damn shot?!” You looked at her, full of hatred, “You should’ve trusted me to finish the job.”

“You were taking too much time. Jaesul could’ve had you wrapped around his finger-“

“That doesn’t mean you rat us out!” You hissed, “Who would’ve known you were so pathetic.”

“I didn’t want to die!” Daesom protested as if it were a reasonable excuse, “Why do you think I’ve kept you by my side all these years?! You were the best agent! You could’ve done it all! But since that Daehyun came into your life, you got sidetracked.”

“Bwoh?!” You yelled in outrage, “Since when have you became so insecure?! If you want to succeed, you have to be willing to experiment. If you want to experiment, you have to be willing to fail.”

“Since when have you ever talked back to your boss?”

You spat, “You’re no longer my boss.”

Daesom scoffed, “I was just like you; in love and I was an agent myself. I got my loved one in danger. I tried to stop you from experiencing love but I couldn’t avoid that.”

“You were just like me?” You asked in disbelief. “How would you know? You know nothing about me. No one does.”

Daesom scowled, “All I know is the love does you no good.”

“Worry about yourself,” You shook your head, “We’ll know what to do with you sooner or later. Just relax and let your mind go blank. That shouldn’t be too hard for you.”

As you made your way out the door, Jaesul didn’t even more from his spot and continued sitting in the corner of his jail cell. Several hands reached for him, booing him, but he sat out of their reach.

He didn’t argue as rotten food was being thrown at him. His life was starting to begin as a living hell, just like you had wished.

Jaesul practically gave up and Daesom wasn’t allowed to come back just yet. The Department of Counsel was still thinking of her punishment. Mr. Nam was doing great as the new boss. If anything, he was doing better than Daesom was. He was strict when he had to be, and many people loved him. He gave good advice and was very helpful. Even you didn’t mind his existence.

You often found yourself wondering about B.A.P’s whereabouts. Whenever that happened, you would force yourself to forget about them. Everyone knew you had to move on for his safety and your career.

To forget about the group, you personally asked Mr. Nam for a mission in a place other than Korea. He questioned it but with much persuasion from you, he gave in.

For the time being, you would be going to California. The English language wasn’t a problem as you knew several languages, including English.

“Codes were leaked and now, all of the names of the agents are in his hands. We can’t afford having them reveal the names,” He explained.

You nodded and took the papers.

“Oh! I almost forgot,” You perked up, “Can I try a different assault? I don’t think attacking directly would work this time.”

Mr. Nam shrugged, “Whatever works with you. You know yourself best.”

Nodding to yourself, you left the room with a plane ticket in your ticket.

That night was a miserable night for the both of you. You were preparing for your next mission and Daehyun was walking back to their hangout place with the group.

Your flight wasn’t until two days later, but you felt better packing tonight. The only reason why you asked for another mission was because you needed to get your mind off him.

 

B.A.P stared with wide eyes. Their hangout place wasn’t the same trashy studio they stayed in. It looked as good as new. It shined brightly and stood out from all the trees and crumbled buildings around it.

If their eyes weren’t wrong, it was bigger and even more luxurious than they had left it.

“Woah...” Jongup looked up at the fancy building. The two maknaes bolted in excitedly while the older ones were still dazed.

“W-who did this?” Yongguk’s voice cracked.

Slowly, they pushed the glass doors and their jaws dropped even more.  “Am I in heaven?” Himchan gulped as he looked at all the game systems and foosball table.

Youngjae and Himchan looked at each other, “... FOOSBALL!!”

The two raced and immediately began their foosball competition.

“Leader hyung!” called Jongup.

The leader and masked gangster walked over to the two. Zelo held out a piece of paper, blinking. “Hyung, it’s under your name.”

“What?!” shrieked the leader.

Yongguk snatched the paper and Zelo went back to playing with the brand new Wii U.

It was true. Yongguk’s name was on the papers. “Who could’ve paid for all this?...” Yongguk asked.

Daehyun’s throat felt parched and he opened the fridge to get a drink. To his surprise, the fridge was nearly filled with treats; desserts, appetizers, even various drinks!

His eyes landed on a cheesecake that had a note on it. His stomach churned at the familiar handwriting.

'Mianhae'

 

A frown carved on Daehyun’s face at the one word. Yongguk over the younger one’s shoulder, “Hey. That looks like ____’s handwriting.”

Daehyun gulped, “I think it was her that paid for all this...”

Youngjae popped up and tilted his head, “Why would she pay for all this?”

Daehyun stayed silent. He didn’t know the answer either, but he knew it was going to be a surprise he didn’t want.

While everyone left alone, he stared at all the luxury around him, *Where are you, Kim ____?*

 

You played with your fingers, *Should I go see him? No, no, no. Yah Lee ____, focus on your job!* You shook your head.

You borrowed a phone, blocked the number, and texted Daehyun (whose number your memorized by heart).

'Meet me at Namsan Tower'

Honestly, you felt bad for getting his hopes up.


Welp. I’m sick in bed with a stuffy nose and sore throat(?). I don’t even know. I can’t believe I got sick the first day of Spring Break! Since I can’t do much, I’ll update. But guess what? Even though I’m sick, I still feel energetic and I’m even going to the Liberty Science Center tomorrow. I’m so smart. You know, I write these chapters for 1-2 weeks as you can see by the dates xD I just continue writing when I feel like it