Is It The End For Us?

The Unpredictable Truth

Avril Lavigne - My Happy Ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFGbSWP-G-o

Italic = English


Daehyun stared at his new, sandy colored hair through the mirror. In half an hour, he would be meeting you. He had plenty questions but seeing you made him excited.

The boys were still getting used to the comfort of their new home. It felt odd being treated like royalty.

Daehyun straightened the collar of his brand new shirt and checked for any leftover food stuck in his teeth. When he felt like everything was good, he pocketed his keys, phone and wallet and left the house.

An hour later, Daehyun stood in front of the locks on Namsan Tower. He looked around for you. As each minute passed, he felt like his heart would burst in joy.

Purposely, you arrived an hour later than planned and walked up to him with your infamous poker face.

“____!” He shrieked in delight when he opened his arms to give you a hug, you stepped back. His face fell, “W-wae?”

You looked at him with lifeless eyes, something he hadn’t seen in awhile. “We can’t keep doing this,” you said. Daehyun stuttered, “W-why?!”

“You’re a gangster, I’m an agent. We were never meant to be. We’re two worlds apart-“

“We can make it work!”

“No, we can’t!” You glared at him, “I’m going to California tonight.”

Daehyun grabbed your hands, “You’re lying! Stop denying your feelings! Just because you’re a spy, your feelings aren’t different. You still act as normal people do when they’re in love!”

“What love?” You sneered, “I was never in love with you. Everything was a lie! It was for the sake of the mission. You thought I actually loved you? It was all fake-“

SMACK!

Daehyun stared at his shaking hand, “I...”

“Feel better now that you hit me?” You smirked.

“I... I don’t know who you are anymore.” He stumbled back.

“You never did.”

Daehyun’s bottom lip trembled, “I never want to see you again... I can’t afford having a heartbreak.”

As soon as he said that, he regretted it. It killed him that you were leaving. He wanted to reach out and apologize, but his pride held him back. He felt like someone ripped his heart out and smashed into pieces.

You walked past him and knocked shoulders. You left without looking back. Daehyun stumbled and leaned onto the wall for support. Tears streamed off his face and he slowly sank to his knees. *No... My ____...* He cried, not giving a damn about his image. All he wanted was you. He had no more energy to pick himself back up. You were his energy, but now you were gone.

That night, after you left for California, Mr. Nam went to B.A.P’s. He rang the doorbell and waited. Yongguk opened the door and peered at him, “Yes?”

“Is Daehyun here? I would like to speak with him,” Mr. Nam held out his ID, proving that was, in fact, in charge of the CIA.

Unwillingly, Yongguk opened the door for him to come in. Mr. Nam chuckled and the gangster raised his eyebrows in distaste, “Is something wrong?

Mr. Nam cleared his throat, stifling his laughter. “That must’ve seemed rude. It’s nothing. I’m just surprised ____ bought all of this for you guys... She spent her working pay on this.”

Yongguk’s jaw dropped, *It wasn’t the company’s money?!*

Himchan came out, blinked, and budged Yongguk, “Who’s the dude?”

Mr. Nam answered before Yongguk got a chance, “I’m ____’s boss, nice to meet you.”

Himchan shook his hand and looked at Yongguk was who thinking the same thing, *Why’s he so calm?*

Sooner or later, Daehyun trudged down the stairs. He blinked at the unfamiliar face and sat on the couch. He didn’t bother introducing himself. He was too out of it to even care about manners.

Mr. Nam didn’t seem to care as he went straight to business, “You know ____ left for California, right?”

Daehyun didn’t answer.

Mr. Nam continued, “She left you. She’s gone. When are you gonna wake up and move on?”

“Why’d she leave?” Daehyun demanded.

Mr. Nam blinked, “It’s her job. She has no choice.”

“I mean,” Daehyun growled, “Why did she go to California? Why did she choose to get away from me? Why did she become an agent in the first place?!”

Mr. Nam crossed his arms, “It wasn’t her choice to become an agent. You think she chose this path? She didn’t.”

“Yet, she’s there best there is...”

Mr. Nam questioned him, “If you miss her so much, why don’t you get her back.”

“She was never mine to begin with,” He refused to break down. “How does she not feel all the guilt upon killing all these people?...” Daehyun whispered in horror.

Mr. Nam defended you, “She killed because she had to. It was kill, or be killed.”

“But it’s illegal!” Daehyun tried to reason out. He didn’t even know why he was trying so hard. “Even if she is licensed to do so, even if they deserve to die, it’s sickening!”

Mr. Nam paused and then answered, “Lee ____ doesn’t care about the law, doesn’t care about proof. Only cares about what’s right.”

Yongguk intruded, “Lee?”

----

“Ladies and gentlemen, we are prepared to land in California. Please gather all your belongings and have a nice day.”

Exhausted, you brought your luggage down from the cabinet. Even after the Jaesul incident, you still worked alone. You were the lone wolf, you liked to stay that way.

It was a light night in California. You caught a cab outside the airport and put your stuff in the trunk.

“Where to?” The taxi driver asked.

“Beverly Hills Hotel, please.” You put your seatbelt on and checked your wallet for cash. The ride would be at least over 150$. Luckily, your boss assisted you with over 1,000$.

The driver the engine and started driving. He glanced at you through the rear view mirror, “You don’t look like you’re around from here.”

“I’m not,” You changed your sneakers to heels, “I’m on vacation.”

“I see. You might as well rest a bit, miss. It’s gonna be a loooong ride.” He nodded.

“It’s okay. I’m not tired.”

He shrugged and focused on the road. To avoid an awkward silence, he the radio and switched to a random channel.

“-as prisoner Jaesul and fellow members were put behind bars.”

The taxi driver switched to another one. You sat up, “Can you go back, please?”

“Uh sure?”

You listened intently to the girl on the radio. *The news spread even here?*

“There has been many attempts on Jaesul’s life since he has been in prison. They say it’s because they were forced into doing his dirty deeds with the illegal drugs. Jaesul and his colleagues, Changdon and Daejun, have been having trouble even in prison. Many other prisoners have been threatened by the gang and are now looking for revenge. We’ll be right back with more information after the break.”

“Can I change it now?” The driver asked you. You nodded.

After a long two hours of thinking, you finally arrived at your hotel. “How much is it?” You asked, grabbing your wallet.

He told you the price and you paid. The driver helped you take your luggage out and you checked into your suite.

“Room 1212. Have a nice stay!” The worker waved.

You slid your key in and unlocked the door. You put your luggage down and fished for your new dress and make up bag. Putting on the most revealing dress you could find, you did your make up and hair.

Since you already got the suspect’s name and hangout place, you didn’t need to do any research. You grabbed your clutch and left the hotel room.

Mr. Nam rented a car for you beforehand so thankfully, you didn’t have to depend on taxis during your stay in California.

You parked the red Lamborghini Aventador and threw the keys to the bellboy, “Scratch it and I can’t guarantee your job.”

He bowed, “Yes, ma’am.”

You looked up at his club, Paralyzed, and glanced at the line. *Yeah, like I’m gonna wait on that line.*

The bouncers stopped you from entering the exotic club, “You have to get in line.”

You firmly looked them in the eye, “I’m guessing you don’t know who I am.”

The two buff men looked at each other and then looked back at you. You whispered in their ears, “Kevin Lee invited me here. Didn’t he tell you?” You purred.

They paled at their boss’s name and straightened up, “Right. You can go in.”

Ignoring the string of complaints, you entered the club. You wandered around and eventually ended up at the bar.

The waiter winked, “What can I get you?”

“Gimme your strongest.” You requested.

He made your drink and set it on the table, “It’s on the house.”

You took a sip of your alcoholic drink and looked around before asking, “Do you know where Kevin is?”

The waiter, named James, blinked and shook his head, “Nope. He’s usually in his room but he usually comes down if he sees a new target. I wouldn’t be too surprised if he went after you.”

At the corner of your eye, you saw a figure approaching you. You straightened up and took another sip of the drink. He sat next to you and straightened out his suit, “The usual, thanks.”

You hid the smile that was threatening to spill across your face, knowing that it was the boss himself.

Kevin glanced at your face, then your legs, and then your face again before clearing his throat, “That’s the strongest drink we have. Do you think a little lady like you can handle it?” His voice was full of mischief as he your cheek.

You your chair with the drink in your hand and gazed into his eyes, “Of course. It’s you who should worry about your alcohol tolerance.” Then, you walked away as he watched you.

James whipped up his drink, “Is that you target for tonight, sir?”

“Perhaps,” Kevin grinned.

He snatched his drink and chased after you.

 

Somewhere along the way, you found yourself already beginning your mission. Kevin brought you up to his private room in his club. He nuzzled his nose into your neck but you twisted away and smirked, “I’m not that easy to get.”

He pulled you onto his lap, “My kind of girl~ So tell me, what’s it gonna take to make you mine?” He asked huskily. It took you almost everything not to puke and gag.

You traced a finger down Kevin’s chest, “Well... I take a liking to bad boys...” You winked. You knew that if you approached him like this, he would definitely tell you about his schemes.

“How bad?” He leaned over in interest.

“Almost evil,” you whispered huskily.

It disgusted you to act this way but this would actually work out. At least, that’s what you thought.

“Tell you what,” he said, “I’m going to Seoul in a week. You can come with me as my date. How about it?”

You pretended to think and then broke into a smile, “Sure! But why are you going to Korea?”

He smirked, “To make some money.” And he began telling you about the agency.

 

Later that week, you packed everything for Korea. This mission wasn’t much of a big deal. It would be finished in Korea anyways.

Kevin picked you up and drove you to his private airplane. The flight attendant went up to him, “Do you need anything before we take off, sir?”

“No, thank you,” he replied in Korean.

“You know Korean, right?” He asked you and you nodded.

Kevin started talking about how he was planning to become rich by threatening the agency. “I have to take care of some business first, before we go to the CIA.”

--

“Yongguk, my boy!” Kevin greeted with open arms.

You spun around so that your back faced them, *No way! It can’t be B.A.P’s Yongguk!*

You bit your fingernail. When you glanced back, it was, in fact, B.A.P’s leader standing right before you. You snapped your eyes shut, *Just my luck. Damn!*

Yongguk noticed your back and tilted his head, “Oh. Who’s that?”

Kevin smirked and wrapped a hand around your waist, “Yongguk, meet my girl MiYoung!”

Yongguk narrowed his eyes at you. They clearly read ‘Now you’re MiYoung?’ Yongguk asked, “What’re you doing back in Korea, Kevin?”

“I’m here to get my revenge on the CIA, gonna make some cash out of it.” Kevin grinned and Yongguk nodded, *So that’s why she’s here... Wonder how Daehyun’s gonna react..*

Yongguk decided to help you. The sooner you finished your mission, the sooner you could get back with Daehyun. Right? As mad as he was with you, he knew you were Daehyun’s happiness. Yongguk texted the rest and asked them to come out.

Daehyun’s eye widened and you avoided his wondering eyes. You put on a fake smile and greeted, “Annyeong! I’m MiYoung.”

Kevin looped his arms around you waist and pecked your cheek, “Who belongs to me.”

You smiled stiffly. You didn’t even want to imagine what Daehyun’s reaction was.

Yongguk stepped up, stopping Kevin’s affair, “So how are you getting back at the secret agents?”

Kevin dug his hand in his pocket and pulled out a long roll of paper, “This piece of paper shows all the names of every single agent- Hey!”

You snatched the paper out and pulled your gun out. His eyes widened and he pulled his own out, “What the hell?! Who are you?!”

You held your badge out, “Agent 007 #206080525, reporting for duty.”

Faster than you could blink, you kicked the gun out and hooked his arm behind his back. You dug the base of the gun into his temple, “Give me your other gun otherwise I’ll blow your head off.”

“T-try me!” He stuttered, terrified.

You turned off the safety cover and wrapped your finger comfortably around the trigger. He piped up, “Wait! Damn it, crazy b*tch!”

He gave you his other gun and you handcuffed him.

Shocked, Kevin blinked and then his face turned angry. He tried tugging out of your grasp but you refused to let go. You pinched his neck and he lost consciousness.

“Were you really going to shoot him?”

You looked up at B.A.P, “I didn’t have to,” You looked at the unconscious Kevin, “One look at this guy and you knew he would do anything to survive. One look at me and you know I’m not bluffing.”

You tucked the gun into your belt, “Uh. Thank you... for helping. Now if you don’t mind, I’ll get going now.”

“Wait,” Yongguk’s deep voice rang, “You can’t expect us to let you go after all this, right?”

You looked back and pursed your lips together.

 

Right after Myungsoo came to take Kevin, you went into the mansion. Yongguk didn’t beat around the bush, “Why’d you leave?”

You avoided looking at Daehyun, “If I stayed, too many people would die because of me.”

“What?” This time, Daehyun snapped.

You sighed and finally looked him in the eye, “If I stayed, you all would be in danger. I’m not meant to stay in one place for too long.”

“You protected us just fine. I can protect myself. Why’d you leave me, ____? You were all I got.” Daehyun whimpered. B.A.P gave each other looks and walked out to give the two of you some privacy.

“It was my duty to protect you.” You snapped. His eyes widened. “We’re two different people living two different lives. I gave up those things; family, friends... lovers.”

Daehyun protested, “Don’t give me that bull! We can get through this and you know that!”

You looked away and hid your tears. Truthfully, you did want to stay but, something was holding you back. Daehyun cried out, “I owe you more than my life, Lee ____. If it weren’t for you, I’d be as good as dead. Please, come back to me.”

You refused to give in, “I already promised to get away from this... this fake love fest as soon as possible. I have to leave.”

You stood up but Daehyun gripped your wrist, “I don’t are what you do but I’m not turning my back on you. We’re in this together... just like from the beginning.”

“You have to forgive and forget me.”

Daehyun shook his head, “I can forgive you, but I won’t forget you.”

“You’re gonna have to.” You flicked his hand off and went back to the base, ignoring B.A.P’s questioning stares.

You went back to Mr. Nam who was waiting for you, “____! You finished this mission rather quick!”

You nodded wordlessly. He walked beside you, “Can you come to my office?”

You nodded and went inside. Mr. Nam locked the door for privacy and sat down in his chair, “Do you know why I called you here?”

You shrugged, “Not really.”

He chuckled and clapped his hands together, “Yes, well. You see-“

“Just get to the point. I have to go somewhere.”

“What I’m trying to say is.. I’m offering the boss position to you.”

That was the last thing you expected him to say, “What?”

“You have enough potential to become the most powerful CEO of your generation.”

You rejected the offer immediately, “No. May I ask why you’re deciding to do this?”

“My reflexes aren’t as sharp as they were before. I’m getting old  and before you know it, someone’s going to have to take over. I’m not asking you to take over now but I’m saying, do you want to be upgraded to second in charge?”

“No, thank you.” You shook your head firmly.

“I question your choice,” Mr. Nam tilted his head. He honestly believed that you were able to handle it.

“My work is out on the field, where I belong. It’s what I do best; protect people.” You simply answered.

“Are you sure?” Mr. Nam’s eyebrows bunched up, “This is a one in a lifetime offer. You can be the best of the best!”

You held a hand out, “I’m telling you, you have the wrong person. Excuse me, I have to do something urgent.”

“Wait a minute!”

You paused, “Yes?”

“Are you going to see Jaesul right now?”

You raised a perfectly shaped brow, “How’d you know that?”

“Lucky guess.”

You smiled, “Well, you know my motto. ‘Hurt me once, I’ll kill you twice.’”

Mr. Nam stared at your back in awe as he wondered about you, *What a mysterious girl...*

 

Jaesul looked up at the guard who opened the gate, then he looked at you. You glimpsed at him, “How’s life in prison? I hear people are trying to get back at you.”

Jaesul frowned, “Why’d you come here? To make my life even more miserable?”

“I think I’ve achieved that already,” You mused.

“Your life isn’t going swell either. I heard you and Daehyun are having difficulties.” Jaesul glowered at you, “You two won’t have a future together.”

“And why do you know so much about me?”

“Know your enemy.”

You sighed, “You’re the only one who thinks of people as an enemy.”

You chuckled, “Actually, if it weren’t for me, you would still be facing near deaths right now. I would expect at least a thank you.”

He scowled, “Well those aren’t the words coming to mind right now.”

You twitched, “Do you know... Kevin Lee?”

Jaesul’s eyes widened, “Kevin Lee?! How do you know my nephew?!”

“Nephew, huh?” You stood up and dusted your pants, “No wonder why he was able to get hold of it. Too bad for you, your nephew’s in jail, too. See what your dirty deeds could do to people?”

He lunged for you but you walked out and locked the gate. You waved your fingers, “Bye~”

You phone beeped as you walked out.

From: Mr. Nam

     ____. Go to Daehyun. He got into an accident and he’s at the Incheon hospital.

Your eyes widened, *! Damn, why is it so far?!* And you bolted to Incheon.


I at writing romantic crap. Urgh. I absolutely can’t write it. So this ... I was in no mood for it. Whatever. It's basically tying up loose ends right now >.> The next chapter might be the last chapter~