Celebration

The Unpredictable Truth

Toybox - Best Friend

Can you guys up vote my story? And perhaps, comment more? =/


You groggily mumbled a string of unintelligible words as Himchan continued pounding on your door. Before he could create any chaos with the next door neighbors you slightly opened the door, “What?! It’s 7 in the morning.”

You opened on eye and ruffled your already messy hair. He bit back a smile, “Lets just go! Get ready!”

With a grunt you slammed the door in his face and buried yourself under the blankets. The door clicked open and Himchan threw the fluffy cover on the ground. He clapped, “Get up~!”

Unwillingly, you dragged yourself to the bathroom and brushed your teeth. You grumbled, not wanting to know what the boys’ have in plan.

 

Once you were ready the two youngest shoved you into the trunk of the car and hopped in the backseat themselves. You wailed in protest, “Why am I in the trunk?!”

You sat up and leaned over the leather-covered chair, “And how did you get a car? Please tell me you didn’t rob it...” You stared at them in horror. Much to your fear, Yongguk drove. You weren’t exactly sure if you could rely on his driving skills.

“Relax, we just saw the rented car on the paper in your bag so hyung went to get it this morning.” Daehyun jerked his thumb towards Yongguk. Yongguk rubbed the back of his neck, “It wasn’t exactly easy..” He grunted.

You grumpily stuck out your tongue and muttered something along the lines of “Stupid idiot..”

Daehyun chuckled and flicked your forehead, “You’ll thank us later.” Yongguk saw that from the rearview mirror and the corner of his lips threatened to tug up, he waited for this day. The day someone could melt Daehyun’s heart. *Drive him into the right light, ____.*

“Oh, so now you’re talking to me?”

Daehyun leaned back, “Would you prefer me ignoring you?”

“Actually, no. I like it a lot better now that you’re talking to me.” You smiled.

“That’s oppa to you.” He winked and smiled behind his mask. Now that he was openly talking to you, his frightening aura seemed to disappear. At the moment, you forgot about the real reason as to why you were in Disney.

Yongguk pulled the car into the parking lot and you all climbed into the vehicle. Throughout almost the whole entire ride, you had to help navigate since he couldn’t read English.

 

The entire day, the seven of you went on ride after ride. There wasn’t one ride you had missed. And for every ride, all of you screamed as if the world was ending. You got weird looks from bystanders but you didn’t care. You took your own advice to forget everything and just enjoyed yourself.

---

SHINee - 1000 Years; Always By Your Side

Clutching onto your necklace you sighed. It was a locket that was supposedly given by your parents. When your Boss had taken you in and raised you, you found the necklace around your neck and she had told you that your parents left it with you. Even though you didn’t believe her, you still held onto the piece of jewelry, hoping for some kind of memory. You sighed again, who exactly were your parents? What did they do? Most importantly, why did they leave you?

Even though you were at such a young age, you didn’t think you were a bad child. You didn’t think you were a bad person now. Nope, lemme rephrase that. Personality wise, you didn’t think you were a bad person. You didn’t really have a right to say that you weren’t a bad person in general due to what you do for a living.

You always had a choice to quit but you didn’t. Why not? It wasn’t like you enjoyed being a spy so why keep going? Even you couldn’t answer that question.

“Penny for your thoughts?” Daehyun, who had been watching you for awhile, came and sat down next to you. ”It’s nothing..”

“You sure?”

“Yeah... No.. I-I’m just thinking.” You stuttered.

“About?”

“My parents...” You showed him the necklace you were holding and he traced his thumb over it.

“Why is the center of the locket blue?”

“It’s my birthstone color.”

“What happened to your parents?” He curiously asked, oblivious to the hurt expression that passed over your face.

“I don’t know.. The.. orphanage I was in said they died.” By orphanage, you meant you Boss.

“What happened?” Daehyun warily asked you.

“My parents,” You sighed, “The orphanage owner found me in front of their steps and took me in. I’m guessing I was abandoned.” You bitterly laughed.

Remembering how you were tricked into being a CIA Agent just made your expression grim. Boss raised you, but not the way that people would think. She raised you to be an A+ Agent. To be the perfect agent. To have no mercy.

You frowned as your eyes began to get misty. Your buried your face in Daehyun’s chest, hiding your tears from the boy.

Daehyun’s body clearly tensed but slowly, he started to relax. He unsurely draped his arm around your shoulder. He was never good with someone crying. You felt his heartbeat increase and you pulled away.

You wiped your tears away and it looked like you never cried. Daehyun stared at you in amazement. He brushed his thumb under your eyes and commented, “Your eyes aren’t puffy.”

You stared at him, anticipating what he was gonna do next. He smiled, “You have very cute eyes.”

You held your breath, no one ever said that you were cute. You usually got the comment, “She’s so scary.”

“C’mon,” He held his hand out and you looked up at him, “We have a surprise for you.”

Curiously, you slipped your hand into his and interlaced your fingers.

Slowly and almost teasingly, he opened the door at a slow pace. His eyes were dancing in eagerness. The six boys had worked hard to put this together.

“Wait!” Daehyun lapped his hands over your eyes, “It’s a surprise.”

His breath tickled your ear.

Daehyun’s heartbeat sped up when you placed your hands over his. Since his mask was of, there was an obvious blush on his cheeks. “Are you excited?” He whispered in  your ear, which brought shivers down your spine. You nodded.

He guided you to the room across yours and went to his hiding spot once he closed the door.

Your eyes fluttered open and it was dark. There was no sign of light anywhere. Your hand shot to the light switch and the lights flickered on. You gasped at the sight in front of you, “Omo!”

All the furniture was moved to the side and in the middle of them hotel room was a birthday cake with flower petals surrounding to delicious object. Once you took a closer look you noticed that the petals were in the formation of a heart.

Daehyun came out with a lighter and lit the candle. He dimmed the lights and the boys chorused, “Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday dear ____~ Happy birthday to you~!”

Youngjae got the cake from Daehyun and inched closer to you.

“C’mon. Make a wish, noona!” Jongup cheered from the sidelines.

You clamped your hands together, closed your eyes and made a wish.

You blew the candles out and one of the boys turned the lights back on.

Daehyun popped up, wiped some cream from the cake and smeared it on your right cheek. You grimaced as the cold substance laid on your face.

Playfully, Daehyun wagged his finger in front of you before it off. B.A.P saw the white cream on your cheek and all of them did what Daehyun did. They dipped their fingers on the cake and  wiped it all on you. You closed your eyes with your nose scrunched up and waited for them to finish.

“Thanks guys!”

Daehyun interrupted, “This is only the beginning.” He dragged you towards the bedroom where you found wrapped boxes laying on the king sized bed. While Daehyun was pulling you into the room, Yongguk whispered to you, “Daehyun planned everything out.” Which made you even more surprised.

“It’s your gifts, open it!”

“Mine first!”

Of course, Zelo said that.

You were baffled and at the same time, amazed. One, on how they even knew it was your birthday. Two, when and how did they get the gifts? You were basically with them almost every day and you didn’t recall any shopping.

You ripped open Zelo’s wrapping paper and found new headphones.

Jongup gave you a bracelet with your name engraved on it.

Youngjae got you a Mickey Mouse snow globe. “I’m guessing you got this at a gift shop downstairs.” You snickered.

Himchan and Yongguk both chipped in the get you an expensive hair clip made out of real diamonds.

Daehyun’s gift was the biggest, it was even two parts.

On top of the box was a letter taped. “A letter?”

Daehyun shrugged, “Open it.” He said as he stuffed his hands inside his pocket. It was titled, “Things You Should Know About Me”

You raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to explain. “You said you wanted to get closer, right? I’m up for it.” He bumped shoulders with you and made you open his present. It seemed like he was beginning to open up to you.

In the midst of it all, your eyes started tearing and you tried to blink them away, “Thanks guys..”

One by one, they noticed your tears that were threatening to pool over.

“Why are you crying?” They asked, not sure if it was because of happiness or displeasure.

“It’s just... I haven’t celebrate my birthday in so long. I even forgot it was my birthday today.”

It wasn’t a lie. Even though your boss and other agents wished you a happy birthday, it totally slipped out of your mind. If not for the boys, you would’ve passed this day as any normal day.

“When was the last time you celebrated it?”

“When I was three...”

And coincidentally, that was when you got recruited. Ever since you were introduced to the spy world, things like your birthday didn’t matter anymore. Didn’t matter to you, or anyone else. Not when you had life threatening situations to deal with. Since then, you gave up your life of living like a normal teenager.

“That long?!” Himchan’s eyes bugged out, “Wow! Then we have to make the best of the night.”

And that was what you guys did.

The activities were everyday teenage activities; Spin the Bottle and watching movies until everyone would fall asleep.

erted Himchan suggested a romance movie and no one had a better suggestion so that was how you got stuck to watching a sappy romance movie.

It was about the third movie you’ve watched that night.

It was nearing 1 in the morning and everyone started drifting off to sleep.

“I will always love you!” The girl in the movie dramatically exclaimed.

“We can’t be together. We’re not meant for each other. We line in two different worlds.. I’m sorry.”

Daehyun’s eyelids started to droop. He heard every thing that the characters said just then. Somehow, he just had a feeling it would relate to him in the future. He wasn’t completely sure but he just had that feeling. But for now, he brushed it aside.

Before he fell asleep, he took one last glance at you. You were laying down on the floor with the blanket hanging over your waist. Everyone else was sleeping like that dead so it didn’t matter if anyone saw.

Daehyun, who was far from you, moved from his spot and placed himself next to you. He laid down next to you and brushed your bangs away from your face. You were all the he could see. All that he seemed to care about.

Unconsciously, you were cuddling close to Daehyun’s body. Daehyun wrapped his arm around you and pulled you closer. Your head rested on his broad chest.

Daehyun snuggled closer, rested his head on yours and met you in his dreams.

---

The leader of the six stirred.

Slowly, his eyes flickered open and he glanced around, wincing when he saw the bright light from the TV.

Quietly, he shut the TV off but then he noticed your position. With a mischievous smirk, he pulled out his phone and snapped several pictures. Somewhere over the night, a ‘mysterious’ blanket was covering you two.

Making sure that the pictures were clear and perfect, he shut the lights and went back to his own spot.

He would sure hold this against his dongsaengs in the future.