Don’t Run Away, Turn Around and Face Your Fears

The Unpredictable Truth

B.A.P - One Shot

 

I added my review in the previous chapter. Although I am not satisfied with my results, I’ll take the advice and try to become a better author :) I hope to achieve much more things as an author and I’ll pay closely attention for any mistakes!

I find ‘One Shot’ to go along with my story really well. Don’t listen to me :P

Happy Valentines Day and Happy late Chinese/Lunar New Year!


You kicked the person in the driver’s seat, knocking him unconscious and now the car was dangerously wavering. As the car flung in all directions, you banged one of their heads onto the window, smudging it with blood. You avoided the two pair of hands that were grabbing for you.

You grabbed the handle of the door but Jaesuk pulled you back. He already sent his leftover man to the front to get hold of the car. Jaesuk clicked his gun and grumbled, “Move and I’ll shoot.”

You leaned back onto the seat, “Fine.”

Jaesuk kicked the back of the driver’s seat, making the man inwardly frown at the force. “Yah. Hurry up and get to Incheon.”

*Incheon?* You thought. *I only have one defense left.* You clenched your fists. Again, you opened the door and tumbled out the door. This time, Jaesuk was caught off guard.

Jaesuk shut the door and stuck his head out the window, grinning when he didn’t see you or your body. He chuckled evilly, “She probably got hit by a car. Foolish girl.”

He grinned to himself. That is, until he heard a small ‘clink!’ with his sharp ears. His smile flattened and his eyes widened, “She’s under the car... I know it!”

And right he was. You were hanging onto the bottom, clinging onto the car parts while reaching for the trunk. You pried it opened and took out the lengthy switchblade that was stuffed in it.

Remembering the training cycles in class, you dug a hole in one of the pipes, which led to a few wires. (A/N: I’m making this up, have no idea what’s on the bottom of cars.)

You looked at the sides of the car, front and back. Suddenly, you let go.

The driver looked at Jaesuk through the mirror and smirked, shifting in his seat, “Looks like she gave up, huh?” He was busy looking at his boss, trying to get his agreement.

Jaesuk turned around and looked back, watching as cars stopped abruptly to avoid hitting you. He held a finger up, “But... she never gives up.”

His eyebrows connected and he turned back around. The driver looked back to the front, too, and his eyes widened with Jaesuk’s. But it was already too late to hit the brakes.

There was a train moving along the railroads and Jaesuk’s driver didn’t notice until a split second before the car crashed into the other vehicle.

You watched as the car exploded into pieces. You sighed and pressed your sleeve against your bleeding forehead. *One down, four to go.*

 

Jongup quietly watched the explosion on the TV. He watched the car turn into flames and shook his head, “This is all too horrible...” He muttered to himself.

As cold as it sounded, it wasn’t Youngjae’s father’s death he was upset about. It was the fact that they were causing these deaths, their own deaths included.

Jongup looked around the almost empty restaurant and ordered a glass of water. He cleared his throat, listening closely to the reporter.

“An explosion on the streets of Incheon. Witnesses say the girl came from underneath the car, but wasn’t harmed much. The people in the car, however, have been reported dead; the names of Yoo Jaesuk and driver Shin YuHan. Sources state that things got heated when Yoo Jaesuk dragged the girl into the car. She is still a mysterious resource as she fled the scene within seconds. This is Jung Ji Sun, reporting live.”

Jongup sighed in relief upon hearing that you were at least alive. Then, he thought about the words of the reporter. He didn’t remember everything but he remembered the reporter saying something about being in Incheon. He threw a few crumpled dollars on the table for tips and bolted to the closest phone booth.

He dialed your number, which he memorized by heart, and waited impatiently for you to pick up, hopefully. You didn’t answer as the line went to voicemail. He tried calling a number in Incheon, a phone booth number. After a few rings, he heard your voice on the other end of the line. “... Hello?”

“Noona!” Jongup shouted in delight, “Where are you? I’m at a café that’s not too close from when we separated in Hapcheon.”

In Incheon, it was a coincidence you were near the booth. You were passing by and the phone just so happened to ring. You only answered the phone because earlier, when B.A.P was present, you told the boys to always call through a phone booth. However, you didn’t expect Jongup to be smart enough to call the phone booth in Incheon.

“Jongup, how’d you know I’m in Incheon? From the news?” You questioned.

Jongup answered, “Yeah. I heard there was an explosion and Youngjae’s dad died.”

You frowned, “He did. I’m sorry but it wasn’t my job protecting him.”

Jongup shook his head, “I wouldn’t mind if all six of our fathers died. I don’t think any of us would.”

“Okay Jongup, you have to listen to me very carefully. Go to-“

“Mph!!” was what you heard on the other end of the line.

“____-ah?” Jaesul smirked, picking up the phone.

Your grip unknowingly tightened, “Jaesul.” You growled.

Jaesul glanced at his men that were carrying Jongup’s unconscious body. “We have all six of your boys now.”

You spat, “I’ll get them back. I’ll find you... and I will kill you.”

With that said, you dropped the phone and sprinted out of the booth.

----

You were blindfolded and you were being pushed and pulled. You cursed when you nearly tripped and face planted. They slammed the door closed and stood guard outside.

“N-noona?” A voice stuttered.

“Zelo? Where are you?” You tried to look for him in the dark after unbinding the ropes, rubbing the raw material against you skin. Earlier, you had purposely walked into their trap and got tied up.

“I don’t know.” He whimpered.

You had a feeling he was the only other person in the room “Where are the others?” You asked.

“Hyungs and I got separated.”

There were silent whimpers on the other side of the room, where Zelo was.

“Zelo relax, I’ll get you out of here.” You promised.

Zelo’s cries eventually stopped turning into sobs. There was a small amount of light from a small crack on the walls. You were able to see red rings around your wrists. “Zelo,” You whispered, “Where are you?”

“H-here.” He responded.

You followed the sound of his voice, leading you to a corner. You were able to make out the faint outline of his body. Your hands shot up to your mouth, gasping at the damage. His lip was busted and his right eye was swollen shut. Chains secured his wrists, leaving them hanging in the air.

Zelo was breathing heavily. When you took a closer look, there were red streaks behind his shirt collar that led to his body.

With your eyebrows connecting, your fingers softly grazed over the red lines. You tugged on his collar, eyes widening.

“They whipped you?!” You exclaimed in disbelief. Your voice echoed throughout the room. Both of you froze and sighed in relief when no one heard your previous shout.

“Junhong-ah...”

Despite his bruised eye, he looked at you with much difficulty. “Mianhae,” You apologized, much to his surprise, “I’m really sorry. I’ll get you out of here.”

You tugged and tugged but the chains wouldn’t budge. You shook the bind with all your might. Sighing, you picked up a piece of broken glass. “What are you doing?” Zelo asked breathlessly.

You ignored him and continued picking the lock. Moments later, you heard a click and released his hand.

“H-how’d you do that?” He asked.

You gave him a look, “I’ve been trained to disarm a bomb with a paperclip and a penny. I think I’m capable of picking a lock with a sharp piece of glass.”

Zelo nodded, agreeing. When both cuffs were off, he immediately lost his balance. Your hands wrapped around his waist and softly tugged him up. It was obvious to you that he couldn’t walk.

“Lets just go, I still need to find the others.” You said.

Zelo made progress as he limped down the hall with your support and help. You set him down in a small stuffed closet, “I want you to shoot anyone that’s not B.A.P. Okay?”

Zelo nodded and accepted the gun. He tucked his knees towards his chest and hid in the dark so that no one could see him.

“Yongguk?” You peeked into several different rooms, whispering their names.

You froze when you heard heavy footsteps, along with the elevator doors opening. Quickly but quietly, you stepped into a room. Just outside your door, two groups of patrols were chatting.

You gripped your blade. Out of anxiousness, you shut your eyes and pressed your ear against the door. When you heard the elevator doors close and move up to another floor, you breathed out and put a hand over your chest. *Wait a second.* You froze, *Where am I anyways?*

You almost left the room until you heard heavy breathing. Slowly, you spun on your heels, “Who’s there?”

Your eyes widened. This time, it wasn’t even one of the B.A.P members. *What the hell? Min Ah?*

Roughly, you removed her blindfold. When she saw it was you, she spit the cloak that was forcefully shoved in . Both of your froze when the door creaked open.

You shoved the cloak back in and pulled the cover back onto her eyes. You plopped to the ground, secretly hiding.

“Shim Min Ah.” A voice said.

A voice you didn’t want to recognize.

“Do you still refuse to talk?” Jaesul asked, caressing her face.

You assumed he got fed up with the fellow agent since he slapped her right across the face.

*You can slap her as many times as you want, she won’t talk.* You thought.

Min Ah’s eyes stayed on his face, trying not to give you away. Jaesul shrugged, “Tell you what,” he said, “I’ll give you a chance to free yourself.”

Min Ah stared at him quietly. She watched as he unlocked the cuffs.

He stepped back, dropped the metal chains, and raised his fists. Min Ah frowned and just stood there. “C’mon. I’m giving you a free shot-“ “Boss! Boss!”

Jaesul threw his head back and groaned in frustration. “Whatta ya want?!”

“The secret agency is here! They came and broke down the gates.” The guy responded.

Jaesul rolled his eyes, “You got lucky.” He left, forgetting to lock Min Ah up again.

You scurried up from the floor, “Try to get out and get help.”

Min Ah grabbed your wrist, “No. I’m going with you.

You shook your head, “This is not your fight, you’ll only get yourself killed.”

You sighed when Min Ah didn’t listen and followed you.

----

You whistled, catching the attention of the outside guards. You wagged a finger, signaling for them to come over.

Oh, the guard knew you were the one being hunted down. But upon seeing how pretty you were, all left his mind and he fell for your charms. He tried to act cool, “What are you doing? Aren’t you supposed to be hiding from us?” His eyes trailed over your body and he swiped his thumb over you bottom lip.

You fought the urge to gag. “I don’t see a need for hiding from you.”

His hand slowly rested on his hip, right above his gun. “Why not?” He frowned.

“Well,” You raised your hand and rested it on his shoulder, “I thought you could help me.” You whispered in his ear.

He seemed to have fallen under your trance because he nodded several times. “Can you take me to Jaesul and tell me where the boys are?” You requested.

He led Min Ah to one room, and took you to another. In the room you were brought to, Jaesul was sitting comfortably, smoking. Before the boy could leave, you dragged him back by his collar and threw him into the room. The chatter hastily stopped and Jaesul looked at you.

You motioned towards the guy on the floor. “You don’t have many trustworthy people here.”

“B-boss! I just caught her from escaping!” He weakly argued.

You raised an eyebrow, “Are you sure you’re not here because I bat my eyelashes at you?”

His face flushed red, lowering his head in shame. Jaesul brushed him off, “So you sent your little buddy to find B.A.P?” He mused, “How foolish.”

He a projector and the camera was aimed at Min Ah.

Min Ah was creeping around. She was so focused on finding the boys that she didn’t even notice someone behind her. The man raised his sword, accidentally clinking against the ceiling. Min Ah gasped and rolled about. Min Ah didn’t try to hit, but blocked instead. He pulled off her mask.

Your eyes bulged as her face was revealed. Jaesul smirked behind you.

The bottom half of her face was demented and completely burned. It was no wonder why she hid her face from the public eye.

You listened to the quiet words that came out of the man’s mouth, “When our master died, you took a vow of silence. Now, you will die without a word.”

Min Ah looked up at the person she used to admire.

Then, the screen suddenly shut.

“Well that’s the end for her.” Jaesul dropped the remote and turned around, “Guess what?”

----

“____?” Daehyun croaked, “What are you doing here?! You’re gonna get hurt!”

“He’s giving me 10 minutes to find all of you.” You explained briefly before concentrating on the tight ropes. You searched for the ends of the never-ending length.

You smashed a window nearby and picked up a shard of broken glass. You slammed it down over the rope and the band broke.

Daehyun tossed the rope aside, “Lets go!”

With a flick of the wrist, you knocked down one of Jaesul’s men with the glass.

“I thought you said you had ten minutes!” Daehyun shouted, grabbing your out-stretched hand.

You sighed, “Doesn’t mean they won’t attack.” And you ducked down the staircase.

You stopped in your steps. Daehyun asked, “Why’d you stop?” He gave you a weird look when you grinned from ear to ear. All the hidden weapons were right in front of you.

Your fingers ran over the shiny metal, picking the sword up. A rush of adrenaline hit your nerves and you felt like you were in the training room again. Just another normal day in the base.

“Daehyun-ah...” You called, “Lets find the others and kill that bastard.”

He grinned and pecked your lips.

As expected, four to five people were waiting at the end of the hallway. Whereas, you were in the middle of the hallway. They started running at you first, that’s when you and Daehyun started fleeing. You turned around and took them all down in less than one minute.

You rejoined Daehyun’s side and he grinned, “The true skills of Kim ____.”

You grimaced before taking a cell phone from one of the pockets. You got in touch with the C.I.A base and got ‘help’ from your boss and fellow agents.

You were able to get them to see everything through the camera.

“Daehyun! Stay behind me!” You ordered, fighting a buff guy one on one.

He was a lot tougher and bigger than you were so you had a hard time coping up with him.

Your co-worker, who was aiming a gun through the window and had your back, waited for the boss’s order. However, her palms were sweaty as she watched the scene, “It’s a really hard target. They keep moving and it’s a 50-50 chance.” She gulped, “I don’t have a clean shot. I repeat, I don’t have a clean shot!” She repeated.

She, who was named Lee Min, waited awhile and then she heard your boss speak, “Take the shot.” Min didn’t do anything but watch, fearing that she might just put everyone in danger by hitting the wrong person. “Take the damn shot!”

Min fired, held her breath, and only hoped for the best. You didn’t know Min was your sniper/back-up until you heard the glass shatter. But by the time you realized it, it was too late to avoid it.

It was as if time slows because Min felt like the bullet was soaring through the air in slow motion. Her face, along with her hopes, fell as it hit you in the shoulder.

You gasped in pain and clutched your shoulder, kicking him in the groin. He dropped to his knees in agony. You placed your hands on either side of his head and twisted, not failing to hear to evident cracking. Moments later, you, too, fell to the ground, hand covered with your own blood.

Min breathed into the mic, “...Target missed, agent shot.”

Your vision was starting to become blurry but you shook it away. You tore your sleeve and tied it around your wound.

“What the f-“ You cursed through the phone.

Even though you were shot and couldn’t feel your right arm, you grabbed the gun on your left and staggered away.

Min frowned and moved to a new spot, hoping to do the right thing this time.

Daehyun frowned and tried to hold you up without brushing against your gash.

“I’m fine.” You said when you nearly collapsed. You rested on the wall for a brief moment before moving on.

A smudge of blood was left on the wall, right where you stood before.

“Daehyun.” You called out.

“Yeah? What is it?”

You looked straight into his eyes, “I need you to hit me.”

“What?” Daehyun’s eyes enlarged, “Why in the world would I do that for?”

You grabbed his hand and put it against your cheek, “Do it! It gives me motivation to go forward. Hurry!” You urged.

He tapped your cheek lightly and you growled, “Hit. Me. I know you’re not that weak otherwise you wouldn’t be Jung Daehyun of B.A.P. You have to do it if you wanna save their lives.” You referred to B.A.P.

Daehyun’s teeth clenched. He had no choice but to slap you across the face.

Your expression stayed stoic and Daehyun started freaking out, “____! You’re not mad right?!”

“We only have a few minutes left, right? What are we waiting for?”

You grabbed Daehyun’s hand and gave it a firm squeeze. Daehyun pulled you back and looked deep into your eyes, “Why are you so eager to get them out of here? You could’ve left this long ago. You could’ve lived a different life... a peaceful one. Why are you still here risking your life for people you’ve recently met?”

You genuinely smiled, “Because this is what I do best... protecting people.”

Daehyun shook his head, wasting even more time, “But you’re wounded. You can’t do this.”

You pulled him, “It takes more than one bullet to kill me.”

----

Somehow, you met up with Min Ah somewhere along the way. Honestly, you were surprised that she made it out alive.

“What the hell happened?”

Min Ah smiled, despite her many face injuries, “I listened to the few pointers you gave me.”

You nodded, remembering how you gave her a mini lesson. The PA speaker interrupted you, “____~ Time’s up!” Jaesul sang happily.

You muttered a few curse words under your breath, “They’re gonna come for us. We have to find them first.”

You took the switchblade out from your belt. You noticed your hand shaking subconsciously and grabbed hold of it, so that no one would notice. Too bad Daehyun become aware of it right away.

“Why are you shaking?” He demanded.

You didn’t reply and avoided his eyes. He softened, “You’re scared aren’t you?”

You nodded ever so slightly, “I don’t want to repeat what happened with Si Yeon unni.”

“Kwenchana,” He comforted, “I’m here. Lets just focuse on finishing your mission. You only have one chance you know.”

Min Ah smiled and signed, “Now lets go kick some .