New Task

The Unpredictable Truth

"Another one?! I just came back!"

You had just recently completed a mission yet again. When you returned to the base your boss had called you up to his office. And now you were being informed that you were about to receive a new assignment. As the boss of the CIA, it was her job to pick the agent that would best fit in each mission. You didn't mean to gloat but that agent seemed to be you. New missions were constantly appearing in your life. It was as if you never got a break. Hearing that you were going to acquire another mission wasn't exactly your cup of tea. It was actually the last thing you wanted to hear.

"So this time your motive is to protect someone- A group actually. The group goes by the name B.A.P; Best Absolute Perfect. Their fathers are accused of drug dealing and they're also in debt. B.A.P doesn't exactly know about the problem so I suggest you keep it from them. Your job is to protect them if they get in harm's way until their fathers are proven innocent or guilty." Your boss and her CEO looked please as you nodded. Normally, others would complain about the energy they waste and simply refuse to accept the mission. But you would always comply. You grabbed the packet from the table and went to your own room to look over the information.

"Bang Yongguk. Kim Kimchan. Jung Daehyun. Yoo Youngjae. Moon Jonggup. Choi Junhong." You read the names aloud.

Each of their profile picture was fierce and tough. Even if it was just a picture, it proved that they showed no signs of mercy or weakness. The papers stated that all 6 boys were in a gang together. The youngest member, Choi Junhong, was only 15. And the oldest, Bang Yongguk, was only 22.

The only question you had was if you were going to be able to melt their cold exterior and become closer to them in order to protect them better. In other words, you doubted yourself. Most people in the agency say you're one of the top agents but you just had to disagree.

Being in the CIA was a great honor for you, it really was. But you just felt like you didn't belong in the team, that you're not good enough. Unlike other agents, you had no partners. Not because the company didn't give you a partner, but it was because you had one. You lost your partner in the middle of an assignment. Since then, you refused to have a partner. No one could replace your one and only partner.

People found you hard to approach since you unintentionally had a dark ambience around you. But that shouldn't even matter to them; you weren't even present in the building half the times, you were always on a mission! You usually had people backing you up from inside the building. While you were on the field, other agents would communicate with you through the ear piece. But no one was your 'Partner In Action'.

You kept your life pretty private, even your boss didn't know much about you. Everyone just assumed you were an agent your whole life, there was no background, and that your life was boring. Techniqually, you were recruited at the age of 3, right when you were able to speak. Your boss claims that she saw true potential in you and raised you like her own daughter. At that time, your parents were nowhere to be found.

"____ you'll start tomorrow. I already reserved an apartment for you so no need to go to a hotel," Your boss' voice spoke through the walkie talkie. You grabbed the device and pressed the button, "Copy that."

Packing all of your needs, including your weapons, you zipped up the suitcase. Your last mission was pretty rough. Lets just say that your opponent refused to give in and the outcome for you wasn't so nice. You ended up having a metal bar crashed into your back. There was now a huge black and blue bruise on your lower back, right around the tailbone. Exposing your midriff, you put another heating pad over the bruise to prevent it from swelling even more. *That psycho. If he was going to sell drugs, he could've at least found a better place to barter it.* You grudgingly thought.

That night you decided to sleep late. And that was a bad idea. The next morning, the CEO was practically shouting her lungs out into the blowhorn. Apparently, this was a daily basis and everyone's wake-up call.

It was 4:30 in the morning, even the Sun wasn't up yet. There was no sunlight whatsoever. Even though you woke up this early, you never seemed to get eyebags. Bodies tensed as the headmaster aka their boss walked down the aisle. Everyone stood in position, kind of like what they do in armies. Her eyes darted everywhere, watching everyone's move. Out of all agents, only you were daring enough to look her in the eye. And that was what she liked about you; you were fierce and brave. Never have you turned down a mission and you were not afraid to talk back to your boss. The worse she could do was fire you, but everyone knew she wouldn't do that to her favorite agent.

"According to the papers only ____ has a mission today. Am I right? If I'm mistaken please speak up now," She announced with a firm voice. The question she asked was more like a statement. As expected, no one raised their hand. It was only you that was assigned to a mission. And you questioned her choice because you weren't even the best agent in the headquarter. There were more agents that were more experienced and a lot more skilled. But you shrugged the matter aside and accepted the tasks anyways. To you, it seemed simple to take care of 6 gangsters who could protect themselves prefectly fine. All you had to do was get close to them, easily protect them, and gain their trust.

Althought being an agent wasn't the greatest thing, there are perks about it. For example; you get to travel to world sometimes, you were saving people from criminals in a way, and you could protect yourself. But sadly, there was definitely more drawbacks then benefits of being a spy.

Well you knew what you had signed up for and frankly, this was it.

"You ready to go?" Your boss asked and you nodded. Taking the piece of paper from her hand, you read the address and started walking only to be stopped. "Wait ____!"

You turned around a raised a brow. "It's far from here. Just take the car, I'll allow you to use it for this mission." She tossed the car keys to you and you swiftly caught them.

You hopped into the vehicle and drove off to your 'new apartment'. It wasn't big but it wasn't small either. It was just enough space for one person to live in. With the help of the wheels you were easily able to bring your luggage up. It would be too much work to unpack so you just left it there.

The information about B.A.P was slightly sticking out of its pocket and it was quite tempting to read it again. And that's what you did.

Everything about the 6 boys was on it. For the next few weeks, possibly months, they would be your responsibilty. But that knowledge was unknown to them. They didn't even know about your existence.

By looking at their pictures once, you were able to memorize all their names. Now the problem was their location. Though that wasn't a big deal for you. It was said that they hung out somewhere at an underground place. Rumors stated that it was private just for them. But you weren't exactly positive if it was true, it could just be a bunch of gossip.

That night you had pulled an all-nighter again. You researched about B.A.P and tried to find out more information. It was tiring but staying up all night was worth it. You had found about 6 possible underground place they would hang out at. You printed out the information and would decide on which to go to first thing tomorrow morning.

The next morning, you had some trouble debating on which destination to go to. So you just followed your first instincts, you decided to go to the one farthest from your apartment.

By taking the bus you were able to get there in 10 minutes. There wasn't much in the neighborhood, it looked like it was abandoned. You were too busy looking around you didn't notice there was an obvious underground place right in front of you.

Before you could take notice of it, someone's shoulder harshly collided with yours which made you stumble back a bit. You watched as the tall figure proceeded walking without apologizing. "Jerk..." You muttered under your breath. But his familiar hair color made you do a double take, *Choi Junhong?*