The Last of the Training

Is This Magic?

 

Fei was worried, Kyu Jong was in his dream for way too long. All of a sudden, Kyu Jong's back arched. Next thing he knew, Kyu Jong had blood gushing out from a wound close to his heart. Fei panicked, and instantly woke Kyu Jong. He poured some anti-sleep potion into him.

 

Kyu Jong's eyes fluttered, and shot open. He was panting heavily. He looked down at his chest, only to find a pool of blood leaking out from it.

 

“Ah, so it didn't work.”

 

“Fool! To get out of a dream you have to have a kick, you have to fall!”

 

“So Inception was half true, then.” Kyu Jong noted.

 

“What in the world is Inception?” Fei rumbled.

 

“Fei, I'm bleeding, do you have a potion for that?”

 

“Well, you'll just have to wait until you unblock my magic. I think my magic block will be a little harder. Remember, if you get hurt in a dream, you will get hurt in real life. And you didn't kill yourself, you missed.”

 

“Ah, so Inception was ALL true!”

 

“Shut up about Inception! Now hurry up! You're bleeding tonnes.”

 

Kyu Jong asked, “How do I get inside YOUR mind?”

 

“Oh, sugar. I forgot. You just have to touch both my temples and sleep.”

 

Kyu Jong hesitantly placed both his hands on Fei's temples. But then he couldn't help himself to some of the sleeping potion.

 

Fei noticed his struggle and poured some down Kyu Jong's throat.

 

This time, Fei's mind was blaring white. Kyu Jong was temporarily blinded by the sight. His eyes adjusted to the scrumptious amount of light. Kyu Jong could faintly make out a wall, seemingly the same as his wall.

 

Kyu Jong struggled to run and slashed the wall. This time, it didn't bulge.

 

“What do I have to do this time?” Kyu Jong questioned aloud.

 

Each person has a different way to defeat the mind block. Mines is tapping it.” Kyu Jong didn't know where the voice came from, but it sounded oddly familiar like Fei's voice.

 

Hurry up now, lad.” Now Kyu Jong was SURE Fei was mind-talking with him. Kyu Jong lightly tapped Fei's brick wall. A huge wave of magic swept over him, and Kyu Jong fell with the water. Kyu Jong woke up.

 

“Thanks, now, give me your hand.” Fei touched Kyu Jong's hand, and healed Kyu Jong. Kyu Jong even felt some of his bruises disappear.

 

“Now to tend to the other people.”

 

Fei and Kyu Jong rushed out. By now, Jung Min was ice white, and had icicles hanging off of him.

 

“What happened?” Kyu Jong asked, worried.

 

“Poisonous rabbit.” Hyun Joong replied.

 

“Bunny.” Young Saeng corrected.

 

Fei rubbed his hands together. A spark formed and his hands turned into fire.

 

He held out his hands, and Jung Min started to melt. The icicles left him, but his face was still pale. Kyu Jong and everybody noticed that there was a purple wart from where the bunny bit Jung Min. Everyone gasped.

 

Fei summoned up some of his magic, and healed Jung Min.

 

“Okay, now stay here while Kyu Jong releases your magic again.”

 

Kyu Jong went inside Stephie's mind, first. Her wall needed the ground to shake. While her magic flowed out, Kyu Jong fell into the earth quake he had made.

 

For the rest of his friends, breaking the wall was simple. Hyun Joong's block needed kicking. Hyung Joon's needed punching. Jung Min's was yelling. Young Saeng's was stabbing.

 

Kyu Jong was tired and he was bruised by the end, and requested to sleep.

 

As he walked to a room, he passed by Mi-Cha. Mi-Cha stood up worriedly.

 

“How did you get so injured?”

 

“I was fighting in the mind.”

 

“Oh, are you okay?”

 

“Yeah, thanks for your words earlier. If not, I couldn't have fought.”

 

Kyu Jong pulled Mi-Cha into a hug. He tried to do it as lightly as possible, so that he wouldn't hurt her.

 

“That's just the right amount of strength.” Mi-Cha laughed.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“So,” Fei started, “You already know how to fight in minds. To fight in souls, you just touch the person's chest. So basically you've been trained with hands on practice.”

 

“What about controlling my strength?”

 

“I see you have done that with Mi-Cha already. You didn't crush any of her bones, good job.”

 

“You saw that?” Kyu Jong blushed a shade of red.

 

“I think everybody did.”

 

Kyu Jong blushed even a darker shade of red.

 

“So, call Hyung Joon, I think we're ahead of schedule despite the injuries.”

 

Kyu Jong nodded and ran out the door. He bumped into Sang-Hee.

 

“So, word on the street is that you like my best friend. Is that true?”

 

Kyu Jong could feel his face burn up. “Um..”
 

“Oh, it's fine if you deny it.. But if you hurt her one bit, then I don't care if you're the power wielder or not, I will hunt you down and haunt you until you wish you were dead. Which I can help you in that process..”

 

“O-okay,” Kyu Jong stuttered.

 

That's not creepy at all.. Kyu Jong thought.

 

Kyu Jong was about to walk away when Sang-Hee clutched his collar. “Remember, even without magic I can be pretty freaky.”

 

Kyu Jong made a mental note to not be in the same room as Sang-Hee alone.

 

“Lad, what's holding you up?” Fei popped his head out the window. He witnessed Sang-Hee and Kyu Jong's scene, and sighed, “Puppy love and youngsters..”
 

Sang-Hee quickly let go of Kyu Jong, “I don't like him, I like someone else!”

 

Fei just shook his head. Kyu Jong took this time to run and fetch Hyung Joon.


“Your turn,” Kyu Jong told Hyung Joon.

 

“YES!” Hyung Joon squealed in delight as he skipped towards Fei's room.

 

“Someone's excited.” Hyun Joong laughed.

 

“I can't believe we leave after this. We still have so much to learn.” Jung Min sighed.

 

Everybody was shocked. Why was Jung Min so eager to learn? He hadn't opened a book or listened to a lecture in forever, why now?

 

“I think the magic is getting to your brain. Did you just say you wanted to learn?” Kyu Jong playfully asked.

 

“Plus, we can't spend anymore time or else our families get hurt. Hyung Joon would be heartbroken if something happened to his brother.” Hyun Joong pointed out. Hyun Joong paused and stared at Young Saeng, worried, “Oh, sorry.”

 

“Nah, no worries. I've gotten used to it.” (PS.. I'm sorry to make Young Saeng an orphan here.. I think I will tell you later on why that's so important)

 

“No, seriously. Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah, I've been a loner for all those years.”

 

“But you had..”
 

“Don't mention her, please.”

 

“But you wrote a song fo---”

 

Young Saeng's eyes were sparkling, and they weren't because he was happy.

 

Seeing Young Saeng like this, Kyu Jong couldn't help but get a little teary-eyed.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“So, what do I have to do?” Hyung Joon asked a little bit too eagerly.

 

“Calm down for a second and let me concentrate. You're making it snow in here from your excitement!”

 

Fei got pelted with a few drops of hail.

 

“Sorry, couldn't help myself.”

 

“I see that your favourite season is winter.”

 

“What? How did you know?”

 

“When you're anticipating and happy, your mood makes your magic turn into snow and hail.”

 

“But the snowflakes are pretty, I can't control myself.”

 

“You've got to control your emotions, then it will help to control your magic.”

 

“I can control it better than Kyu Jong can!”

 

“But Kyu Jong isn't the one who sends snow flying down, is he?”

Hyung Joon kept quiet. The snow stopped falling.

 

“So, I'm not encouraging you to be emotionless, I'm just saying. You've got to break the ties your magic has to your emotions first, before you can actually use the magic. Or at least make it so it doesn't snow every time you're happy.”

 

“How?”

 

“With a pair of scissors, of course.”

 

Hyung Joon stared blankly at Fei.

 

“Well, you see, your magic and emotions have a bond like a.. string of yarn. You have to cut that bond and set them apart.”

 

“Why don't others have that?”

 

“Well, you are called baby for a reason.”

 

“Hey!” Hyung Joon pouted.

 

“Are you going to do it or not? Or are you just going to whine like a ba--”
 

“I'll do it, sheesh. What do I have to do?”

 

“Close your eyes and imagine a string. Emotions are yellow, magic is blue. You have to cut it.”

 

“But wouldn't it cut my emotions?”

 

“You're right about that... Hm.. how about just untie a knot, if there is one. Or untwist it. Anyways, close your eyes now.”

 

Hyung Joon thought this was weird. He hadn't imagined training like this. He thought it was the cool war stuff.

 

“You think war is cool? After you fight the dark one, you won't say so.”

 

Hyung Joon stopped thinking and shut his eyes. He imagined a ball of yarn. Blue and yellow were intertwined. He slowly started to untwist it. He got to the end and there was a knot. It was one of those death knots that you couldn't unravel in a short period of time.

 

“I'm going to be here forever.”

 

Hyung Joon looked at the knot. Maybe if he did cut it...

 

No, fool. You'd be emotionless forever.”

 

Hyung Joon jumped at the sound of Fei's voice. He knew Fei was watching. Now what? It made him nervous.

 

Just take the knot out!”

 

Hyung Joon started to pick at the strings. He pulled and twisted, but the knot was fastened.

 

Find the start and start from there.”

 

Hyung Joon ran along the string and found the ends. If only his brother was here. He was the knot wizard.

 

A long time had passed, and Hyung Joon realized that the knot had undid itself. Hyung Joon didn't even know how he did it, but it just came apart after a tug. It was a light tug, and was his last attempt.

 

Hyung Joon opened his eyes. Fei was staring at him.

 

During the time you were away, you flooded my room with snow.”

 

Hyung Joon looked around. At the sight of snow he jumped around, happy like a child.

 

Stop it, you're here to train. Now, picture a sunny day in your mind. Concentrate real hard, now.”

 

Hyung Joon saw a sunny field in his mind, then clouds took over and it started snowing.

 

I said concentrate!”

 

Sorry,”

 

Hyung Joon kept thinking of the sun. Then the clouds vanished.

 

Now, feel the sun in your hands... Capture it.”

 

Hyung Joon felt his hands burning up. When he opened his eyes, he quickly swatted his fists in the air. They had turned into fire.

 

Now, picture a hurricane.”

 

This time, Hyung Joon pictured the strong winds.

 

Now, summon it to your hands.”

 

Hyung Joon felt his hair dance around wildly on his head.

 

Good. So not only can you control your surroundings, but you can also summon the power of the elements to your command.”

 

Cool, and I can turn invisible, right?”

 

Yeah, just create a cloud and vanish into it.”

 

I knew that already.”

 

Fei stared blankly at Hyung Joon.

 

MaoHei.”

 

Ahhh.” Fei nodded.

 

So, I'm done?”

 

Yeah, just a heads up, don't conjure up earthquakes unless you really need to.”

 

Why?”

 

Because they're irreversible.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just found this video and thought it was cute!

I'm pretty sure the translation was

hyung joon; say hello
kibum; what are you doing?
hyung joon; say hello
kibum; hellooo ~
hyung joon; let's see ... we look alike, right?
kibum; i look better
hyung joon; are you kidding?
kibum; _KISS
hyung joon; omg since i was born this has never happend

And so, I end on a final note saying HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER AND... PLEASE COMMENT OR SUBSCRIBE AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! To think after this chapter all the action starts.. hehehe. Enjoy!