Young Saeng's Training

Is This Magic?

 

“I see you have mastered the basics of your skill already,” Fei examined Young Saeng.

 

“I've been practicing...”

 

“Don't get your hopes too high, though. There are still dangers. You have to control it so that you don't hurt your body.”

 

“Is that what the bumps on my fingers are from?”

 

“You're a smart lad, better than the one before you.” Fei examined his hand, “Try channeling your energy to your fingers.”

 

“Do I just push it?”

 

“Well, it's different for everyone. Just try and FEEL it, don't think too much.”

 

Young Saeng closed his eyes and concentrated. He mentally collected all of his energy and poured it through his fingers.

 

“Good, that's good. You'll get used to it and can summon it at will. Try once more.”

 

Again, Young Saeng pictured a river, and his magic was the river. It channeled through to his fingers. But then he lost his train of thought and it went through his toes. Young Saeng felt his shoes morph. On Young Saeng's feet were books.

 

“I might have a use for those yet. Though try and concentrate. This helps you so you won't break your body or change it during the process.”

 

“What about my hair?” Young Saeng asked. “Can I morph my hair accidentally.”

 

“I think it has already occurred when you lost focus,” Fei told Young Saeng. Young Saeng quickly morphed his ring into a mirror.

 

His hair changed from black to a strawberry blonde. It was longer than before.

 

“Your hair seems to have absorbed some of your magic and that must have boosted the growth.”


Young Saeng sighed and tried to morph the mirror back into his ring. The ring was now too small.

 

“That is another problem with being the shape shifter. It requires a lot of concentration and accuracy.”

 

“How do I control the size?” Young Saeng tried to fit his ring onto his pinky. It was too small.

 

“Control the amount of magic put into your shape shift. The more magic, the bigger. Take caution that you don't use TOO much magic at once.” Fei signaled for Young Saeng to try again. Young Saeng focused and pushed his magic out.

 

The ring was the size of a bracelet, now.

 

“A little bit too much there, lad.”

 

Young Saeng's fingertips tingled a weird sensation. He constricted the magic flowing, and touched his ring.

 

His mouth grinned slightly as his ring fit Young Saeng's hand again.

 

“That's all I can teach you. All I can say is know your body.”

 

“That quick? I can leave?”

 

“Yeah, and don't call anyone in here. I'm tired from teaching for so long. After all,” Fei chuckled, “I am 2114 years old.”

 

Young Saeng exited the room. His fingers were numb now. And he was barefoot. Young Saeng took this opportunity to look around Fei's house. Fei's house was huge, and seemed to take on a mind of it's own. Young Saeng still didn't know the whole house after a full day of wandering.

 

He walked aimlessly and found the garden. He hadn't seen the garden before. This garden was exotic and contained foliage Young Saeng had never seen. Young Saeng spotted a butterfly. He raised his hand out to touch it, and his mind thought of a flower. Young Saeng accidentally opened the gate, and let his magic flow from his fingertips. The butterfly actually turned into a flower. A little bit too big, though.

 

“It's living, though.” Young Saeng stared at the flower.

 

“I guess you need to control your magic a little bit more carefully.” A girl appeared in Young Saeng's view, “I'm Eun Mi.”

 

“I don't know how I can control it. If I lose focus everything flows out.” Young Saeng confessed.

 

“How about block all your magic with a shield, cover each part of your body, and only open the door you want to open.”

 

“How does that work?”

 

“Or you can think of it as a water system, and only turn on the tap when you need it.”

 

“I think that's a better way. Thanks... Eun Mi.” He paused, deep in his thoughts, “Why are you here in Fei's house?”

 

“I took refuge in his house from the evil you seek to destroy. I was the evil's granddaughter.”


Young Saeng cautiously backed away. He stared at Eun Mi coldly.


“But I'm also the grand niece of Fei.”

 

Young Saeng was shocked. They were connected? Who was the evil, anyways? “Tell me more about the evil.”

 

Eun Mi sighed. She sat down on a patch of grass.

 

“My grandfather was ambitious. He had always wanted power. I don't know what else to say.”

 

“How old does that make you, then?”

 

“I'm stuck at the age seventeen.” Eun Mi looked sorrowfully at Young Saeng, “Please don't leave me.”

 

“I can't guarantee that.”

 

“Just promise that you'll take me with you.”

 

Young Saeng looked at Eun Mi. She was beautiful. Her pale skin glowed and her hair flowed.

 

“Okay.”

 

Young Saeng didn't notice that a plant was moving closer to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, hope you find this chapter okay.It's shorter than the last one =GI couldn't think of anything on how to control Young Saeng's magic and stuff. Anyways, Please comment! Hehe, I thank you all for subscribing! Seriously, 7 subscribers is now the record for me =J Tell me what you think and maybe give me ideas.