Disaster Upon Disaster. Eden.

Is This Magic?

What is happening? Jung Min's consciousness screamed. It seemed that the file he tried to view was password protected, encrypted, and contained... a virus.

 

How did Jung Min's conscious know it was a virus? Because his magic was still on. But it had no knowledge how to heal it. His subconscious was scanning the files through his brain. The files flipped in and out of his mind as Jung Min watched. There was one file that had an error, and that was the file with the weapon.

 

Read me. The file screamed. It seemed it had a mind of its own inside Jung Min's consciousness. He was tempted, but his subconscious screamed danger.

 

Another shot of pain ran through his brain. His brain seemed to be burning. And then the pain like a thousand needles added to the fire. It also seemed like jolts of electricity pulsed in his brain.

 

“Destroy it!” Jung Min screamed in agony as he convulsed because of the pain. Lapin, still in Jung Min's brain, did what he thought best. He ate the file. The file that was the source of all torture.

 

Nothing changed. The pain still didn't dissipate.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

All of Jung Min's friends watched helplessly as he tossed and writhed in Stephie's arms, screaming in distress.

 

“I can't get into his mind. Something's fighting me off!” Stephie cried.

 

An hour had passed. Jung Min's condition was no better. His cries were less frequent, but he was still in pain.

 

Suddenly, Jung Min's body arched and he flung into the air.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jung Min knew what he had to do. Get rid of the bad files. But how?

 

Burn them. His subconscious yelled. Somehow, he didn't hear.

 

He wandered over to his lapin. The file had been chewed and digested. But it seemed to take a toll on the poor rabbit. Jung Min tapped him affectionately and attempted to pick up the file. As soon as his finger made contact, jolts of pain came again. It spread from his fingertips to his body. His body was numb from pain. Just then his subconsciousness broke through.

 

Burn the files!” It yelled. Jung Min thought up a file. It started swallowing up the contaminated files. Some uncontaminated ones, also. It soon spread around Jung Min's brain. The fire blazed on. The pain disappeared, though, and a numbness replaced it. Darkness, and nothingness enveloped him.

 

Jung Min spaced out through the paths of time. He floated in and out of conscious until he felt a blaring light surround him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jung Min's body stopped moving. His breath did, too. Even his heartbeat.

 

The few seconds dragged sluggishly on, seeming like hours. Everyone was concentrated on Jung Min's body.

 

Stephie started chanting. Jung Min's body started to glow.

 

“Hey, didn't we glow like that a long time ago?” Hyung Joon asked. But no one paid attention to him.

 

Stephie then placed her hand on Jung Min's chest, and started to shoot magic. Jung Min's glow intensified. Now it seemed like a white cloud of nothing was in the room. Then Jung Min started to tremble again. Everybody took a deep intake of breath.

 

But then Stephie let go, her hands were full of blisters.

 

“H-he's burning.” She claimed.

 

Hyun Joong had a file pop up urgently in his head. He opened it up and he saw a masked man laughing wildly. He was in a cave and at once he recognized a face, the school nurse. This was the dark one, Hyun Joong guessed. He then saw a body on the floor, though it was lying on its face. Then the vision engulfed in flames. As Hyun Joong writhed in pain, he heard a scratchy voice... You can't destroy me even with the weapon.

 

Hyun Joong awoke with a major headache, and found he was in Sang Hee's arms. Hyun Joong instantly shot up. “I saw the dark one, and a body, and he told us we can't destroy him with the weapon.”

 

“But we need to find assistance for Jung Min right away.”

 

“Is there anyone like Fei we can go to?” Kyu Jong asked, mainly to Stephie, as she was the brightest one in magic.

 

“There... is one surviving first generation left... although she's in a realm we call Eden.”

 

“Sounds horrible, where is it?”

 

“Up north.”

 

“We have to go there. But first, I fear for Sang Hee's family. Oh, and Mi Cha's.” Young Saeng spoke.

 

“Okay, so we go get their families, then go up north to Eden.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

All met a scene of devastation as they arrived at their neighbourhood. Sang Hee and Mi Cha were neighbours, but both their houses seemed trampled on and uprooted.

 

Sang Hee ran in her house, crying. Mi Cha the same. Hyun Joong and Young Saeng followed Sang Hee. Hyung Joon, and Kyu Jong went after Mi Cha. Stephie was still holding on to Jung Min. He was still lifeless, and relatively burning. Her hands were full of blisters now.

 

Sang Hee found remnants of what seemed to be a shirt on the floor of her house. She ran around, looking in closets, and Hyun Joong and Young Saeng trailed her. Lastly, Sang Hee broke down into tears when she entered her room. There was no trace of her parents, but her house was in ruins. Young Saeng hugged Sang Hee first, and Hyun Joong just stood awkwardly at the doorway. He felt an unusual feeling and his eyes were teary, also.

 

Mi Cha's house fared no better. As soon as she entered, she stepped on shards of glass. She whimpered, and Kyu Jong lifted Mi Cha off her feet. Mi Cha first checked her basement, and found what she was looking for. And also two other bodies. But they were limp and bound. Kyu Jong bent down and touched one of them. Somehow he just knew that they were gone. He ventured into their minds to see if he could talk to them.

 

In fact, he could only go in one of their minds, and it was a girl. But her mind was blank.

 

“Mi Cha, one's alive.”

 

Kyu Jong pointed to the smallest body on the floor. She was about their age.

 

“Oh my god, my sister!” Mi Cha jumped down and hugged her unconscious sister. “Mi Kum, Mi Kum,” Mi Cha burst into tears.

 

“Let's take her to Eden, too.” Hyung Joon suggested.

 

Sobbing, Mi Cha let go of Mi Kum and mourned for her parents and Sang Hee's. She knew that they were gone, too. She wailed and wailed like a little child. Kyu Jong embraced her in a hug, he was hurting to see Mi Cha like this.

 

Hyung Joon carried Mi Kum up the stairs on his shoulders, and signaled to Sang Hee to go down the stairs. Sang Hee hesitated, but braced herself. Young Saeng went with her.

 

She was prepared, but not for the worst. There on the cold, hard floor, lay the two bodies of her parents. They were lifeless and limp.

 

She was silent, she quietly wept on Young Saeng's shoulder.

 

“I feel a dark presence coming at us.” Stephie yelled down the stairs, “We have to go. They will rest in peace.” Stephie descended the stairs and started enchanting. Soon, a small bubble of mist enveloped the bodies. Then they floated upward.

 

The atmosphere was tense as they trotted up the steps. At last they reached the top. Hyung Joon was holding off minions of the dark one with hurricanes and fireballs.

 

“We must go now, and not by Fei lines. They are being watched. The dark one doesn't yet know of the Pai lines, the lines of the underground, yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so sorry! I couldn't think of anything and I had school work. Ahhh, but I'm sorry for the lame excuse, I will aim for trying to update once a week or something... But I hope this chapter is good, but I know it's not the best.. But please comment and I'll try to update!!