The Power Wielder

Is This Magic?

 

Kyu Jong tried to knock lightly on Fei's door. It didn't work. His fist created a hole.

 

“What now, lad?”

 

“I was wondering if I can receive my training now.”

 

“Sure thing, I was only going to call you two hours later. I was having my power nap,” Fei snapped.

 

“I didn't want to break any more of your things...” Kyu Jong paused.

 

“What did you break, my lad?”

 

“Your rocking chair, your brick wall to one of your yards, your door, five plates, the dining table, a bed, a book case, a part of your roof, and a flower pot.”

 

“Mind I ask you HOW you broke all those?” Fei scrunched up his fist.

 

“Used too much force.”

 

“Stupid fool,” Fei smacked Kyu Jong on the head, “You broke my antique rocking chair! I don't care about the rest.”

 

“I'm sorry,” Kyu Jong bowed, “And I'll apologize for Mi-Cha. She borrowed some of your ancient books to read.”

 

“What books? I had books?” Fei scratched his head.

 

“Yeah, in your library.”

 

“I still had my library? Mind you, I haven't stepped foot in their for a thousand years. I don't mind spreading some of that knowledge.”

 

Kyu Jong was still standing at the doorway.

 

“Come in, my lad. I don't want to yell.”

 

“Okay.” Kyu Jong walked up to Fei.

 

“Okay, what are you, the power wielder, eh?”

 

Kyu Jong nodded.

 

“So you can run fast and you have excess power.”

 

Again, Kyu Jong nodded.

 

“Well, I've forgotten what to do.”

 

“What?”

 

“Come back in two hours! I want my nap.”

 

Fei ushered Kyu Jong out of the room. When he was out of sight, Fei instantly started meditating. Fei's mind was blocked by a mental screen of magic. It seemed reviving Young Saeng took way much more toll on them.

 

Kyu Jong's heart sunk. When was he ever going to learn how to control his magic? Was it even magic? It seemed like he just had a lot of brawn.

 

Kyu Jong ran into Mi-Cha in the library. She had her nose in a book and wasn't looking where she was going. Neither was Kyu Jong.

 

The force that hit Mi-Cha sent her flying over. Kyu Jong instantly ran up to catch her in his arms.

 

“Sorry, I was thinking about something.” Kyu Jong apologized.

 

“It's okay, you seem to have lots on your mind. Sit down.” Mi-Cha ordered.

 

Kyu Jong plopped down on the grass. He sighed. “It seems my magic is just brawn. Power isn't hard to obtain.”

 

“Well, you know, I've been reading,” Mi-Cha pointed to her books, “And I read power doesn't just seem to be hitting stuff harder and running faster. When you have power, your soul is strong, your character is strong, your mind is strong, and your defense is strong.”

 

“What does that do with magic, though?”

 

“When your soul is strong, you can attack other's souls, your character is strong, meaning your endurance is more, and defense, I think that means you can shield people. But for the mind, I don't know, maybe you can fight inside of the brain.”

 

“You know, I still don't think that has anything to do with magic. Fei didn't want to teach me yet, so I guess I'll stay here and watch you read, you know, for protection.”

 

“You can read with me if you want,” Mi-Cha scooted over.

 

“Eh, why not?” Kyu Jong plopped open a book for the first time in three years.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Stephie, what do you think about me?” Jung Min asked while Stephie was cooking. She didn't want to waste her magic this time.

 

“What do you mean? I don't think about you.”

 

“Well, I was wondering...”

 

“Jung Min! There's a bunny that looks a lot like Lapin.” Hyun Joong pulled Jung Min out of the kitchen.

 

“What's so important about a bunny? I was going to ask her something!”

 

Hyun Joong pointed to the bunny in Hyung Joon's arms.

 

“Aww, you do look like my little Lapin. Come here, you!” Jung Min stretched out his arms. Suddenly, the bunny bit Jung Min's finger. It wasn't the usual nibble, but the one where it hurts like hell if you don't have warning.

 

“Ouch!” Jung Min yelled.

 

“I think the bunny just attacked Jung Min. Its eyes turned red.” Young Saeng pointed out.

 

Jung Min's body twitched and he collapsed to the floor.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Stephie rushed out the kitchen when she heard the noise. She sensed there was a dark presence. As she scanned outside for redness, her eyes fell upon a rabbit. A rabbit that was about to bite Jung Min.

 

Stephie summoned up her magic, but it got blocked. There was a mental cloud between her and her magic. She failed to summon it quick enough, and Jung Min collapsed.

 

Stephie hurried to Fei's room. He seemed to be meditating, but his face was contorted. He, too, seemed to need effort to exert his magic to meditate. She shook his body urgently.

 

“What do you need, Stephie?” Fei asked sleepily.

 

“Our magic is blocked.”

 

“I know, I'm trying to get it out.”

 

“I think we need someone to roam into the brains and destroy it.”

 

“How? Nobody's of that level of magic, yet. Nobody has that much power.”

 

Stephie flipped through the possibilities, “What about the power wielder?”

 

Fei's eyes suddenly brightened as he dawned on the idea, “Go for him, quick.”

 

“Oh, and Jung Min got bit by a possessed rabbit. It contained really weak poison, but that's still enough.” Stephie warned as she exited through the window.

 

Fei's eyes lost that glint of hope as his eyes widened. “I guess the rising of the dark is really happening. First, he will send his smaller minions, then he will send in the troops. For now, Jung Min will have to wait. All we can do is freeze him until Kyu Jong dissolves our mental blocks.”

 

Fei grabbed a bottle of misty white solution from his nightstand. He uncorked the lid and poured some of the potion into a vial. “A dose worth..” Fei muttered to himself. He paused, then poured some more, “Who knows how strong they are by now.”

 

Fei ran out the door at a swift pace, faster than any 2114 year old could ever run.

 

He reached Jung Min as his skin began to pale. The others just sat there staring, utterly helpless and confounded. Fei splashed the potion onto Jung Min. It didn't seem to have an effect. He then poured some down his throat.

 

“What is happening?” Hyun Joong questioned.

 

“I will tell you in due time. It seemed I've forgotten that you are from the outside world, oblivious of the inside world.”

 

“But what is the bunny from?”

 

“Since my shield uses the same amount of magic the person has outside to defend, meaning it's flexible, powerful magicians will never be able to break through. But now it seems that they have found out... Only the ones with little magic, like the bunny, can penetrate its borders with some difficulty. He seeks to hurt and take down each individual of the five, making it hard for them to unite as one to destroy him. That's all for now, I need to see Kyu Jong.”

 

And Fei rushed away from the confused group. Jung Min had now turned to ice and he was limp as a dead bunny. Speaking of bunny, it was also dead.

 

“Speaking of which, why didn't I see this coming?” Hyun Joong asked himself aloud.

 

“Why didn't Jung Min know what it was?” Hyung Joon wondered.

 

“Maybe Fei has more explaining to do,” Young Saeng suggested, “It seemed weird. Why didn't Fei use his magic right away to heal Jung Min?”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Kyu Jong, there you are.” Stephie got up to Kyu Jong and pulled him up from his position. She interrupted at a bad time, Kyu was starting to like reading, “Fei needs you.”

 

Kyu Jong suddenly dropped his book, “I'll be right back,” He said to Mi-Cha, and got dragged along by Stephie.

 

“Hurry, just run to Fei's room right now.”

 

Kyu Jong sprinted into Fei's room, not even bothering to knock. He wasn't even out of breath. He stopped in his tracks when he saw Fei cough up blood.

 

Fei looked up, “Oh, don't mind me. I was trying to force my magic out but it failed.”

 

“What happened?”

 

“It seems that healing Young Saeng has blocked our magic. Well, only me and Stephie noticed for right now, but the others will soon notice. They've created a mental block and I need you to destroy it.”

 

“But I don't have magic neither, that means.”
 

“True, but you don't need magic to break your own block, then you will be able to use magic to go into other's minds and defeat their blocks.”

 

“How, though?”

 

“Bring a sword and shield with you when you dream. Now, hurry. Jung Min's injured and I can't heal him.”

 

Dreaming? Kyu Jong couldn't just sleep any time, that was Hyun Joong's job.

 

“How can I sleep?”

 

“Oh, just take a dose of my sleeping elixir, I guess.”

 

“When will I wake up?”

 

“It depends.” Fei shoved some sleeping elixir into Kyu Jong's mouth and Kyu Jong swallowed.

 

There was darkness. Then, Kyu Jong could see a brick wall. This was easy, Kyu Jong thought. Kyu Jong took the sword and slashed once into the wall. It didn't even make a dent.

 

When you have power, your soul is strong, your character is strong, your mind is strong, and your defense is strong.”

 

Kyu Jong remembered what Mi-Cha said. Maybe this was part of being the power wielder, too.

 

Kyu Jong summoned up his energy, he walked a few steps back, then he charged at the wall. He sprinted and slashed at the wall with all his might. It chipped just a few. Some magic flowed out through the cracks, and the wall burst from the pressure.
 

“I only have to chip it, that means.”

 

Kyu Jong looked around for an exit. There didn't seem to be one.

 

“Well, great. I unblocked the magic, but how am I supposed to get out?”

 

Kyu Jong remembered watching a movie, called Inception. They killed themselves to get out of their dream. (sorry, just HAD to reference it! =J)

 

“Worth a try.” Kyu Jong stuck the blade into himself. He squirmed and collapsed on the floor. Kyu Jong could only feel an abundance of pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, hope you guys like this chapter after a long two weeks. I was thinking about this story on my vacay, but I guess I forgot all my ideas, so I had to spend a few days recollecting all of them. Please comment, and I can't stay consistent with my chapter lengths, I'm sorry! =G