Fight In The Pai Lines

Is This Magic?

 

They were back in the Pai lines again. Except this time, the Pai lines led them underwater.

 

“How does she expect us to climb Mount Everest? Isn’t it the tallest mountain on Earth?” Young Saeng asked.

 

“There are mountains that exceed even that height in Fo’s kingdom. And even in Hai’s. But they’re lost now,” Stephie recited her history or geography knowledge.

 

“By the way, I’ve been thinking. If Di had a son, who was Pai’s father? And why doesn’t Fei have any kids? No, how does he have a grandniece?” Hyung Joon was on one of his rambles again.

 

“It’s not like they aren’t allowed to have kids, they are people too. I’ll have children when I’m a hundred, too,” Stephie replied.

 

Jung Min looked shocked, “Only at A HUNDRED?” His head drooped. Jung Min was silent as he switched his switch on, and researched, “Normal life span is extended 4 times by magic? Awesome! We’ll live forever!”

 

Sang Hee looked at everybody, confused. She had been stuck in a daze. She wanted to ask Di, but there was no time, and now she’s gone.

 

She didn’t notice that Hyun Joong was staring at her. Young Saeng leaned toward her, and asked, worried, “Why are you so sad?”

 

Sang Hee looked up and past Young Saeng, and her eyes widened, “Look in front of you, everybody.”

 

And they all turned their heads. The school nurse was slouched in front of them. They were still moving on the Pai lines, edging closer to the nurse.

 

“Well, I guess she still wants to you, Hyun Joong.” Jung Min joked.

 

“Can’t we stop this thing?” Mi Kum shouted.

 

“It doesn’t stop between the stops.” Stephie sounded scared.

 

And then they felt the familiar tug and pull. She was out their magic.

 

By now, the boys knew what they had to do. They pushed their magic out of their bodies in such large quantities, it overwhelmed the nurse. For a second, she staggered back. She caught her footing, a hand set out to touch the wall.

 

“It’s too cramped in here to fight. What if the tunnel collapses on us?” Mi Cha warned.

 

“If it collapses on us, she’ll die as well.”

 

The nurse poised for attack. She lunged. In the middle of her jump, a silver dragon emitted from her hand. There was a ring similar to Pai’s

 

At the same time, all of the boys yelled escut. Their shields combined into one, strengthening the power. The dragon hit the shield with immense force. The boys were pushed back, and for a moment their shields wavered. Some sparse magic from the dragon seeped in, and bounced on the shield walls.  Sang Hee shot at it with her pinky finger, and the magic was equalized.

 

“Damn, can’t die the easy way, can you?” The nurse yelled from outside the shield.

 

Hyung Joon summoned fire from his hands, and shot fire at the nurse. The nurse quenched it with water.

 

“What makes you think a little fire can hurt me, Supernaturalist?” The nurse taunted, “I was there when he killed Fei, oh yes I was. It was exhilarating, watching him burn, watching his soul get up by the ring.” The nurse laughed a maniacal laugh.

 

The shield was taking up their strength. They couldn’t hold up the shield forever.

 

“We have to take her on,” Kyu Jong stated. He let down his shield. Young Saeng grabbed a rock and morphed it into a sword.

 

“We did this once with the MaoHei, we could do it to the nurse.”

 

The nurse cackled, “A rusty sword, how is that going to pierce threw my skin?” The nurse launched another dragon at them. With Kyu Jong and Young Saeng’s shield gone, the dragon dealt more damage. Hyung Joon’s shield flickered and disappeared.

 

Kyu Jong took the sword in his hand. He cut himself, and smeared the blood on the sword. He used his other hand to heal himself.

 

Young Saeng pricked himself with the sword, and didn’t care about the cut.

 

“All this blood sharing, seriously,” Hyung Joon cut himself, though.

 

Hyun Joong and Jung Min were still holding up their shields. Kyu Jong held the sword and pricked them gently.

 

Kyu Jong made a move to get out of the shield, Hyung Joon stopped him, “I wanted to try this a long time ago.” Hyung Joon’s hands went on fire, and he touched the sword. The sword went ablaze. He then summoned winds, and again, transferred it to the sword. “There.”

 

Kyu Jong jumped out the shield. He could do this.

 

“Oh look, a scared little puppy trying to fight off a lion,” The nurse sprang at Kyu Jong, baring her teeth.

 

Kyu Jong blocked her attack with the sword. What was he kidding, he wasn’t good at swords fighter.  The nurse pushed him back up against the wall of the cave. Rocks crumbled down and pelted Kyu Jong and the nurse. Kyu Jong swirled away from the nurse, slashing at her arm. Black blood gushed down from her cut, corroding the rocks below.

 

Far off, he could hear the pounding of feet. The tunnel seemed to enhance the sound. It seemed like a thousand or so was approaching. 

 

As Kyu Jong’s focus shifted to the sound, the nurse attacked. She lashed out her claws, and slashed at Kyu Jong’s chest. Kyu Jong fell back, and tumbled down, the rocks not cushioning his fall. Kyu Jong yelled as the nurse leaned in closer to him. He reached out his arm, and touched her chest. He seemed, then, to be out of the closed environment he was in, and thrown into an eerie place.

 

In front of him, there was a pulsing black blob. There were many vessels attached to it. There was barely enough light to see by.

 

The nurse’s soul, her heart.There was an illusion of the nurse standing in front of him.

 

“You found a way to enter my soul, have you? Too bad you can’t get out now,” The illusion of the nurse sprinted at him. He decided to meet her head on. She tackled him down. Kyu Jong rolled over, and now he was on top of her. He held out the sword, and made for her chest.

 

It did nothing but pierce the fabric. There was no blood, nor did he feel his sword go through anything.

 

The nurse threw him off of her. Kyu Jong flew in the air and crashed into the dark blob. The sword flew out of his hand. By then, the fire was barely blazing and the winds had blown out. It returned back to a sword with just blood on it. It clanged on the floor near the nurse.

 

The nurse bent down, and her arm made a motion to pick up the sword. The sword repelled it, and sprang, of its own accord, back toward Kyu Jong. Kyu Jong caught it with his right hand tenderly.

 

There is no way out. I can’t kill this illusion.Kyu Jong turned around, and pierced his sword into the dark blob.

 

And then Kyu Jong was back in the tunnel. The nurse lay limp on the rocks. The scene around him surprised him.

 

His friends were fighting a bunch of monsters. They looked like Di’s pets, only darker. Sparks of magic were flying around as Sang Hee, Mi Cha, and Mi Kum pressed their pinky knuckles as well.

 

Sword in hand, he prepared to charge on them. Something latched on to Kyu Jong’s foot, and he fell.

 

“It’s not over yet, boy.” He felt the nurse bite his leg. Piercing pain exploded in his leg. Kyu Jong yelled in pain.

 

The last thing he saw was Mi Cha running towards him, and getting tackled by a monster.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Mi Cha saw Kyu Jong appear again, and collapse. Once she kicked the monster out of the way, she broke into a sprint. The nurse’s back was against her. She flew on the nurse.

 

The ring that was originally on the nurse’s hand slid off. Mi Cha seized it. But the nurse got a hand around her neck. It was like the same situation with Pai.

 

Mi Cha knew one thing for certain, that the ring was doing something.

 

She squirmed out of the nurse’s grip, and somehow, she just knew how to use the ring.

 

Instead of a dragon, a lion sprang out. A loud roar erupted from the lion, and it charged for the nurse. The nurse was impaled.

 

“Who’s the lion now?” Mi Cha asked before she went to Kyu Jong.

 

Kyu Jong had blue sparks dancing around his leg. It was healing on its own accord. Kyu Jong opened his eyes when Mi Cha approached him.

 

“Thanks,” Kyu Jong smiled, and then reached for his sword to help his friends.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Young Saeng didn’t have the physical endurance to yield a sword. A sword wouldn’t have worked against the thick hides of the monsters without monstrous strength. A monster was charging in his direction. He jumped out of the way, but the monster grazed his leg. As Young Saeng tumbled out of his fall, he stretched an arm out to protect his fall. He turned the rocks underneath him into pillows.

 

The beast lunged at him again. This time, upon contact, Young Saeng tried morphing the beast. If he could morph a butterfly, he could morph this living beast. He pushed most of his magic at the beast, and the beast suddenly stopped moving. It turned into a statue.

 

Young Saeng tipped the statue over, and it fell to pieces.

 

As the statue crumbled, though, he felt the cave simultaneously crumble. It seemed that the tunnel couldn’t withstand what was happening in it anymore. Rocks flew out of their places and the tunnel rumbled. The floor beneath him shook.

 

“Everyone gather!” Hyun Joong yelled.

 

Young Saeng sprinted toward Hyun Joong. He stumbled on the rocky terrain, and fell down to his knees. Kyu Jong ran over and picked Young Saeng up as well.

 

When they gathered, they all cast out their shields again, and the tunnel caved in. Hyung Joon conjured up a cloud just in time, as the land under them fell, and water rushed in on top of them

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope this chapter made up for the y chapter. I hope the fight scene was better, too! I seriously need to improve my writing. Please comment on how I did!!