Eden

Is This Magic?

“Back then, slaves under the dark one built themselves magical roadways to escape from his eyes. Though only a few remain in the world. Those were dark times.” Stephie told everyone as they sluggishly moved along the Pai lines. The scenery about them was all the same. Rocky crevices weren't that exciting, even if they made cool shapes, after two hours.

 

They were huddled in a circle moving on a current of air underground. The progress was slow. By now, Sang Hee was sleeping on Young Saeng's shoulders, Young Saeng was spacing out, Hyun Joong was playing hacky sack with a rock, occasionally sneaking casual peeks beside him, Kyu Jong was dozing off, trying to hang on to Mi Cha, and Stephie was holding on to Jung Min while steering and telling Hyung Joon stories. Surprisingly Hyung Joon wasn't bored of these stories of history, as he was with all else.

 

“How were the dark times happening without us knowing?” Hyung Joon asked. He was carrying Mi Kum gingerly on his shoulders.

 

“Humans are always oblivious.” Stephie said bluntly.

 

“Hey! Not all! I, for one, am not!”

 

“What, human, or oblivious?” Hyun Joong chuckled.

 

“BOTH!” Hyung Joon stopped himself in the middle of his sentence, “No wait! I am not oblivious! I AM human!”

 

There was a bump in the current/road. Sang Hee jumped high into the air, and Hyun Joong couldn't help but catch her. She mumbled slightly in her sleep and continued sleeping, but this time her head was on Hyun Joong's shoulders. Kyu Jong was now widely awake.

 

“Mi Cha, did I ever tell you that you smell wonderful?” Kyu Jong asked her.

 

“What? No. I don't put on perfume and I think I stink right now.” Mi Cha smelled herself. No, definitely not “wonderfully” smelling.

 

“Then if it's not you then what is that smell?” Kyu Jong leaned in closer to Mi Cha.

 

“Love birds you sto--” Hyung Joon's mouth fell agape as he saw the sight in front of him.

 

“Welcome to the realm of Eden.”

 

They had come above the ground now and they were standing in a wasteland. Fires were burning ferociously and the sky was a bloody red. The ground was rocky and barren. Withered trees and flowers lay about on the ground. It was a wasteland.

 

“Why does this place smell like vanilla?” Hyung Joon asked. He trod carefully, so that he wouldn't drop Mi Kum.

 

“I think it smells like flowers.” Kyu Jong said.

 

“Don't inhale too much. It contains poison! Hurry, we're almost there. But we might not be welcome.” Stephie talked in a hush whisper and hurriedly ran off. She was heading toward a cliff. Now she was running at breakneck speed, especially considering she was carrying Jung Min, too.

 

“Well, Mi Cha, let me carry you.” Kyu Jong carried her up bridal style and started running swiftly after Stephie.

 

“I hope I don't drop you.” Hyung Joon whispered to the unconscious Mi Kum as he ran. He stumbled a bit and kept running.

 

Sang Hee was still sleeping.

 

“Maybe I should carry her now.” Young Saeng then grabbed Sang Hee's arms and wrapped it around his neck.

 

Hyun Joong stood there for a second. He was going to catch up when he heard a growl come from behind.

 

Hyun Joong sneaked a peak, and he saw a hound the size of a bear charging at them.

 

“RUN! BEAR HOUND!” Hyun Joong shrieked. The silence was broken by many more growls. Hyun Joong looked in front and he saw more hounds.

 

Kyu Jong cast a shield around them. The hounds bounced off the walls, and it was working, but it was taking a big toll on Kyu Jong. Holding off so many strong beasts was difficult.

 

“Okay, we're here. Everybody pass this line.” Stephie pointed down at a fallen log.

 

They spent no time in contemplating the humour of the log, and Hyun Joong stepped over first.

 

Then came Hyung Joon. As he stepped over, Mi Kum slipped off his shoulders magically, though Hyung Joon didn't notice, until he was across.

 

“Wait! Why can't she get through? I was carrying her!” Hyung Joon asked Stephie.

 

“She's a human with no magic. She can't cross these borders.”

 

“You knew? Why didn't you tell us?”

 

“I didn't know! It's been years since I dared venture here. Hurry up!” She called to the others.

 

Hyung Joon jumped across the log again. He cut himself on the arm with a rock, and did the same to Mi Kum, though slightly smaller. A drop of blood fell on her wound.

 

“Now she can.” Hyung Joon carried her on his shoulders again and crossed the log.

 

Hyun Joong and Kyu Jong saw how Mi Kum got through, and they proceeded in doing the same to themselves.


“No, I'll do it.” Young Saeng told Hyun Joong.

 

“You keep carrying her. I want to do this.” And with that Hyun Joong cut himself on the arm and got some of his blood into Sang Hee's.

 

“Kyu Jong, you don't have aids, right?” Mi Cha asked him.

 

“No, why ask?” Kyu Jong asked, surprised.

 

“Well, you are giving me blood...” Mi Cha shut up when she crossed the log.

 

Who dares venture in my lands uninvited!?” A crackle of thunder came and the voice boomed in their ears.

 

It's me, Stephie. Fei sent us.”

 

Why would Fei send a bunch of amateurs and HUMANS to my realm? Does he finally admit I am right?”

 

“We've come to ask for favours.”

 

Ha!” A spark of lightning shot to the ground. “Nonsense!”

 

“Please m--” Hyung Joon started. Stephie shut him up with a glare.

 

I give you until day fall to evacuate my premises! If not, I will feed you to my precious hounds!”

 

“Please, aunt, we need your help.”

 

Since when have I gone by the title of being your aunt? You died in my heart when you betrayed me to Fei!”

 

“Fei's captured now, and only you can help us.”

 

Hahaha!” The voice laughed evilly, “Fei finally destroyed by his wits!”

 

The sun, or what seemed like the source of light, disappeared under the horizon.

 

Why, dear, why don't you come in now? It's been forever. Bring your friends too.”

 

At that a huge door appeared before their eyes. Stephie opened the door and entered. The rest soon followed.

 

“Now Stephie, give your auntie a hug.” An elegant looking young lady walked gracefully down the flight of stairs to welcome them. She contained a mysterious aura, but was beautiful.

 

“Aunt, can we stay here for the night and rest up? Then can you help me?” Stephie pleaded.

 

“Sure thing, sweetie.”

 

“Promise me with the magic bond, please. To help us with all your ability.”

 

“Anything to help my young sweetheart. Ai Promiso! There, rest for now. I shall see you in a day.”

 

When they went up to the room provided by Stephie's aunt, Hyung Joon broke into questioning.

 

“Why is she your aunt? Why was she mean and now nice? What is happening?”

 

“My aunt was cursed at a young age. She changes from young to old when the sun rises. May us rest before she turns into a fitful monster.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ayy, sorry for the short updates. I figured I couldn't even work on any of my other stories so I'm only updating this one. This is the best I could think of with my mind for now. Please comment, and if you're confused on what's happening, I'll try to answer you. I don't even know i covered everything.. Anyways, hope you enjoyed that!