Fei, Di, Hai, Fo, Pai.

Is This Magic?

Sorry for not updating! I hope you like this.. I think it's longer than the rest...Please read on and comment!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I miss Jung Min telling us what this curse was. Stephie wouldn't say a thing.” Hyung Joon puffed.

 

All the guys were huddled together in one room, and the same with the girls.

 

“And that girl Mi Kum--” Hyung Joon continued.

 

“Shut up!” Hyun Joong yelled. “Do you hear that?”

 

“What? Hyun Joong's endless chattering? Yes.” Kyu Jong replied.

 

“I think he means the scraping noise on the walls.” Young Saeng pointed out the window. They all peered out to check, and found a monster. With bear head, lion mane, spotted skin... a mutated monster. And it was scraping its claws on the wall. Actually, scaling the building.

 

Hyung Joon was the first to scream.

 

Young Saeng muffled his voice, as he heard rushed footsteps. They looked on as Stephie's aunt went out and fed the monster, patted its head, and the monster purred. She stared directly above her, where the frightened boys were huddled around the window. She saw through the house, and she cackled a laugh. She whistled and more monsters came to her call. She threw slabs of meat, and the monsters caught them skillfully. They swallowed in one bite.

 

“I think they're her pets.” Young Saeng pointed out.

 

Kyu Jong was the first to turn away. “Why don't we go to sleep now? I'm bummed.”

 

“No! Now I'm all hyper, I want to sing!” Hyung Joon started singing.

 

Kyu Jong covered his ears. He blanketed himself and curled up. He closed his eyes.

 

Young Saeng joined in sooner later. He turned a leaf he found on the floor and turned it into a guitar for Hyun Joong. Hyun Joong strummed his guitar.

 

Kyu Jong gave up, “Stephie said to rest, but I guess I'll join in.”

 

Not until rays of light crept through the window did they stop singing. By then their voices were hoarse, but they were less tense. They relaxed, and felt the weight of the previous events lift off their shoulders. Or maybe it was just the room they were in. But either way, they felt refreshed... and tired.

 

They settled down and slept. Hyun Joong and Kyu Jong were sleeping on the same bed, and Hyung Joon and Young Saeng the other. Jung Min was still on the floor, as unconscious as ever.

 

If felt like seconds before a high pitched wailing was heard. The voice rattled on the walls and echoed through the walls. The voice was amplified and instantly Kyu Jong awoke from his sleep.

 

“I should have slept earlier!” Kyu Jong said to himself. He was still drowsy, but the screaming wouldn't stop.

 

He got off the bed and tripped over something. Someone, to be precise. He just tripped over Jung Min's body. He had debris all scattered on his clothing, and his hair was ruffled. But Kyu Jong didn't notice that. He only noticed how he started falling, because an arm lashed out and hit him on the leg, and clutched a tight hold on it.

 

There was still screaming in the background.

 

“Ahhh, help me!” Kyu Jong was trying to wriggle out from whoever's grasp it was. He looked over his shoulder and saw it was Jung Min.

 

Hyung Joon awoke from the commotion and found that Jung Min was conscious, and he was holding Kyu Jong in one of his signature death grips.

 

Hyung Joon jumped off his bed and helped relieve Kyu Jong from the grip. They both collapsed on the floor from weariness.

 

“I haven't been caught by him since last camping trip,” Kyu Jong rubbed his sore ankle.

 

Hyung Joon was the first to catch on, “Isn't he supposed to be unconscious? How can he grab your ankle? He only does that while sleeping!”

 

Just then they witnessed the reason. Vines were crawling up from the floor and wrapped around Kyu Jong's ankle. Kyu Jong was afraid and tried patting it away. But it held on, until the pressure lessened, and Kyu Jong noticed that his ankle didn't hurt anymore.

 

“I think the floor is living,” Kyu Jong pointed out. He stared at Hyung Joon, and found he was gaping wide eyed and open mouthed at the wall behind him. He turned and saw there were vines growing out of the walls, too.

 

On impulse, Hyung Joon shot fire at it. The screaming in the background turned into a deafening wail.

 

“Put it out!” Kyu Jong yelled. Hyung Joon panicked and summoned rain all over the room, “This is living. But I think Jung Min is healed by the vines! So don't kill all of it!”

 

Young Saeng stirred in his sleep, but didn't wake up, even though he was half soaked. He was a deep sleeper. Hyun Joong, the king of sleepers, hasn't even moved from under the blanket.

 

Jung Min was now tossing and turning on the floor, trying to shut out the screaming. But in the end he opened his eyes.

 

Hyung Joon was still staring fascinated at the wall. His back to Jung Min. Jung Min took the chance to punch Hyung Joon in the back.

 

“Arghhh!” Hyung Joon yelled and hit Jung Min back.

 

“Where are we?” Jung Min chuckled as Hyung Joon was crawling on the floor.

 

“At Stephie's aunt's house.” Kyu Jong replied.

 

Jung Min was silent for a while, and he had a smile on his face.

 

“Apparently, according to my files...” Jung Min paused, “She and Fei are the only First Generations left.”

 

“First Generations?” Hyung Joon asked. He couldn't contain his curiosity.

 

“First peoples with magic. There were five, each of the same power. Fei controlled winds, Hai controlled waters, Di controlled earth, Fo controlled fire,”
 

“Wow, we're learning something new every day.” Hyung Joon scratched his head, trying to remember everything about magic.

 

“What about Pai lines? Who's Pai?” Kyu Jong remembered they traveled using those lines to get here.

 

“Di controls them. Pai was Di's son.” Jung Min answered.

 

“We're at Di's dimension, aren't we?” Kyu Jong asked.

 

“Apparently so. That means Stephie is related to one of the best sorceresses, and apprenticed by the other best sorcerer. Wow, she's so good. But apparently, apart from the five of us, nobody in the next generations can use their magic directly.”

 

“What does that mean?” Hyung Joon asked.

 

“That Stephie can't use her magic, she has to create spells to force it out. And that means that we're really powerful.”
 

Hyung Joon smirked, and played with his fingertips, shooting sparks around.

 

“Why were we glowing at school, they were our auras, right? And does the mixing of blood mean we're stronger? Does that mean we're strong because we got everybody's blood in us?”Hyung Joon launched into a series of questions. Always the curious one.

 

“Yes, auras. Just like fingerprints, each person's aura is different, faint. But when combined with different, the aura becomes more strong, and so our magic increases with it. So we're all rainbows.” Jung Min joked.

 

Pounding on the door stopped their conversation.

 

Kyu Jong went and opened the door. Sang Hee rushed in, panting.

 

“J-just ...dodged.. p-piano.. thrown.. at me.” Sang Hee took deep breaths.

 

“I hadn't noticed that the screaming was still going on.” Kyu Jong quickly shut the door.

 

“Oh yeah, Di was cursed by her son and so now she screams whenever the sun rises in agony because of the betrayal, and then goes back to normal, if you can call it that, at night.” Jung Min added.

 

“What are yo--” Sang Hee stopped in mid sentence as her gaze fell upon the unmoving Hyun Joong.

 

Sang Hee instantly shot up and ran over to his bedside, and checked his pulse. She breathed a sigh of relief when she noticed he still was alive. She turned back to the three, only to meet questioning looks.

 

“What? I thought he was dead, okay?” Sang Hee laughed.

 

Young Saeng finally woke up, seemingly at the sound of Sang Hee's laugh. His head turned and he found the source of the laugh, and instantly ducked under his blanket. He fixed his hair and wiped the drool off his face.

 

Nobody noticed except Kyu Jong. Kyu Jong tilted his head, as if questioning Young Saeng through his eyes, but then caught on, and winked.

 

“Why are you here, Sang Hee?” Young Saeng asked from under the sheets.

 

Jung Min, Sang Hee, and Hyung Joon were startled, they didn't know Young Saeng was awake.

 

“Oh. Hi, Young Saeng, are you okay? Why are you still under your covers?” Sang Hee asked. She walked over to Young Saeng. Young Saeng didn't reply. There was movement from under the sheets, and he emerged with a comb in his hand, and his hair neatly groomed. His shirt was missing a button.

 

“Nothing. Hi Sang Hee.” Young Saeng smiled.

 

“Oh yeah, I risked my life to come here because... Stephie told me to tell you that she's rejoicing with her aunt, and that you guys should stay in your room.”

 

“Then why'd she tell you to come and tell us?” Young Saeng asked, with a little hint of growl in his voice.

 

“Oh, because.. I wanted to... Mi Kum is healed, and I wanted to tell you guys!” Kyu Jong could swear he saw Sang Hee glance at Hyun Joong.

 

“Mi Cha's sister? She was pretty when she wasn't conscious, I wonder how she is when she is awake!” Hyung Joon grinned.

 

“So, what are we going to do?” Kyu Jong asked. He was looking longingly at the door, probably missing Mi Cha at the mention of her.

 

“How about we all create a human sandwich on top of Hyun Joong? That ought to be fun.” Jung Min grinned evilly.

 

“Good idea,” Hyung Joon laughed, “I'm glad you're back.”

 

Jung Min punched Hyung Joon playfully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for all who waited patiently! I hope you like this rare update and comment!