Short Update: First Stage

Is This Magic?

SORRY GUYS. THIS IS ALL I GOT SO FAR. I HAVE A COMPUTER CLASS, SO I CAN WRITE IN THAT CLASS. THIS HAS BEEN ON MY COMPUTER FOR WHO KNOWS HOW LONG. I WILL TRY AND UPDATE MORE FREQUENTLY! ENJOY THIS LITTLE BLURB FOR NOW PLEASE. THANKS. COMMENT AND SUB OR JUST YELL AT ME!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Di led them through the snaking corridors of her living house. Her house was majestic, with tapestries that looked as though they were from castles, and scattered throughout were pieces of furniture that shimmered a golden hue, as if made from gold. The flooring and walls were living plants, though.

 

The boys struggled through the root-tangled terrain of Di’s house. Hyung Joon shrieked a few times, when roots snatched and caught his flailing legs. He was almost down to tears by the time everyone got outside Di’s house.

 

They stopped in the middle of the forest. Stephie, Mi Cha, and Mi Kum were hanging limp from the overbearing trees. The trees were bent with age, but still showed signs of stronghold. Di waved her arms in the air, and shouted an incantation. Sang Hee, who made the trek on her foot, floated aloft in the air. A branch from a nearby tree hooked its hands onto Sang Hee’s shoulder. Her eyelids fluttered and she grew limp.

 

“You’re turning against us!” Hyung Joon accused.

 

“What are you doing to her?” shouted Young Saeng. He was unable to control his emotions, and he confronted the tree. He slashed and hacked at the trunk, but that only made it worse. Now, Sang Hee had red lines of blood from where the branch took hold of her.

 

“Stop it!” Hyun Joong held Young Saeng back.

 

Di chuckled, “These people are important to you. Only using them can I find your true potential. If my bear hounds, and beorgs touch the trees bearing these people, they will become damaged. I’ll give you ten minutes, and then I will evaluate your performances. If you do bad, you fail, and they will not wake up again until you pass. Got it, now, start.” She whistled and waved her arms. She melted through the soil and disappeared from sight.

 

The test has begun.

 

“Oh god, it’s like school all over again! But I can’t fail!” Hyung Joon mumbled to himself.

 

The first beorg, (bear head, lion mane, spotted skin), appeared through the bushes. It launched itself at the first tree in sight, Stephie’s tree. Jung Min reacted by doing the only thing he knew how, squeezing his pinky knuckle. Blue sparks shot out of his pinky. It hit the beorg’s head, and stunned it momentarily. Jung Min let out a triumphant breath, but was cut short when the beorg started moving again; this time, with more speed and vigor. Jung Min did what was left to do. Charge at it with bare hands.

 

The others also had no success. They all ended up struggling, tackling the beorgs when they got too close. Kyu Jong succeeded in disabling a paw, but that was it. Hyung Joon angered the beorgs by shooting fire, water, wind, and rocks. Hyun Joong was kicking furiously at the stunned beorgs, and Young Saeng had wielded a sword, slashing, but to no avail.

 

By the end of ten minutes, everyone appeared injured and worn. Di emerged from the soil. She took a glance at the trees bearing the captives, then at the beorgs. She smirked.

 

“Not only has Fei allowed himself to be captured, but he also taught you close to nothing!”

 

“That’s not true, he unleashed our powers!” Hyung Joon said, oblivious to the rising temper of Di.

 

“As can any other First Generation!” Di retorted. One of the beorgs behind her growled and bared its teeth. “Hush,” Di ushered it. “Now. To the training ranges.”

 

An invisible force pushed the boys further into the forest.

 

Jung Min took a fleeting glance back, “But what about the girls?”

“The beorgs will take care of them.”

Jung Min didn’t know how to interpret her words.