Eun Mi

Is This Magic?

 

Okay, I think I'm going to sidetrack a little off the training, because in this story, Fei's resting for a half a day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jung Min was sitting on a patch of grass in one of Fei's numerous yards. The others were playing soccer. Jung Min preferred to watch them play soccer.

 

“SCORE!” Hyun Joong yelled as Hyung Joon missed the ball. Hyun Joong lifted up his shirt.

 

“It's not fair! I don't want to hurt Hyung Joon, that's why you're winning!” Kyu Jong pouted.

 

“STILL! I'm trained!”

 

“So, how did the training go?” Jung Min asked.

 

Hyun Joong paused, “It was so tiring. Apparently my head is like a filing system. Who knows, I might even get emails in my head or something. And I saw that Jung Min met a girl.”

 

“I did?” Jung Min asked. His face showed signs of shock. “I'm not surprised.. It's not like I don't meet a lot of girls...”

 

“Sure, sure. A lot of girls is the total of one.” Hyung Joon added in.

 

“Shut up!” Jung Min got Hyung Joon in a headlock. Kyu Jong was waiting patiently for the playful brawl to end. Hyun Joong suddenly dropped to the ground.

 

“Hyun Joong!” Kyu Jong shook him. He seemed to be unconscious.

 

The filing system had popped up in Hyun Joong's head. It seemed he did have a message. An urgent mail sign alerted him. With the letter and wings and everything. Hyun Joong followed it, and it led to a door.

 

The door was blaring bright red. It was labeled Young Saeng. The door swung open and a vision instantly washed over Hyun Joong.

 

Young Saeng was sitting in a dark room. He was bound up. Young Saeng appeared to be unconscious, but Hyun Joong can see burn marks and blood stains.

 

Hyun Joong instantly looked over the file. June 26, 2010. Hyun Joong instantly resumed back to real life.

 

“Dude, wake up. What's wrong!” Kyu Jong was going to smack Hyun Joong into consciousness when Hyun Joong's eyes shot open.

 

“You just collapsed! Are you okay?” Hyung Joon asked.

 

Hyun Joong took a moment to remember, “Young Saeng's in trouble.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Enough about me, who are you?” Eun Mi asked.

 

“I'm Heo Young Saeng. Apparently I'm the shape shifter. I can ---”

 

“Oh! Cool! Can I see you change something?”

 

“Sure thing, just let me focus first. Do you want a flower?”

 

“Okay!”

 

Young Saeng focused on turning his ring into a flower. His mind was like a piping system. Young Saeng found it so easy to control his magic this way. It easily morphed into a white lily, the colour of the ring. Young Saeng paused a few moments before morphing his ring back to his original form. Surprising how solid objects can undergo so much change and still be sturdy.

 

Eun Mi clapped, “Wow, you're so awesome! Can I have that ring?”

 

Young Saeng contemplated for a while, and decided to give her it. After all, it seemed his heart fluttered every time she smiled.

 

“Thanks!” Eun Mi happily said. She pulled him into a hug.Young Saeng felt a jab in his lower back. It was a little prick, but his sight instantly blurred, and the last thing he saw was Eun Mi smiling. It then occurred to him, how did Eun Mi know what the shape shifter does?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sang-Hee had seen everything. Mi-Cha had told her to meet her at the garden. She didn't see Mi-Cha, but instead found Young Saeng. As she moved closer, there seemed to be an invisible wall. She walked right into the wall. Her recoil made her lose consciousness for a while.

 

But when she woke up, Young Saeng was with a girl. She was talking happily. There was a mysterious plant that seemed to crawl stealthily. It pointed a needle at Young Saeng's back, and Young Saeng instantly collapsed into the girl's arms.

 

Sang-Hee yelled. She yelled for help, she even yelled . Desperately trying to help him. But then the girl shot her eyes at her, her eyes blaring a blinding silver. Sang-Hee tried to run away, but there was a force holding her down. She tried yelling, but there seemed to be a hand holding down her voice. All Sang-Hee could do was watch.

 

Young Saeng was tied and bound. The girl touched Young Saeng with her silver hands. She looked like she had magic. Even Sang-Hee can see she was evil.

 

She then took a knife and sliced Young Saeng's arm. Blue blood started trickling down Young Saeng's limp arm. Her face showed a face that freaked Sang-Hee. She lowered her head down to Young Saeng's arm and the wound. It instantly started to react and burn marks crawled all over his body.

 

Sang-Hee attempted one last time to scream, but then the force knocked her out.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Hey, Sang-Hee, wake up.” Sang-Hee heard a voice. It was a boy's voice that she would have recognized anywhere. She recognized it was Hyun Joong's voice.

 

Her eyes shot open and she was greeted with nothing. No person, only darkness.


She heard a shrill laugh. “How dare you watch me capture my prey?”

 

Sang-Hee struggled, but it seemed the pressure against her was too strong.

 

The voice continued, Sang-Hee started to think the voice she heard was an illusion. “I guess I have to kill you now that you've seen everything. And don't worry, the boy will be next.” She laughed.

 

Sang-Hee gathered up her courage, “Who are you?”

 

“Bad question there, my dear. If you heard, I'd have to kill you.”

 

“I'm already going to die!”

 

“Yes, but I'm going to have a little fun, first.”

 

Sang-Hee heard Hyun Joong's voice again, “Sang-Hee, help me. I'm hurt.”

 

Sang-Hee instantly released her anger, “Where is he?”

 

There was another chuckle, “Who? Young Saeng, or your precious Hyun Joong?”

 

“BOTH!” Sang-Hee shouted.

 

“Again, wrong answer. You're supposed to say Hyun Joong, so I can kill Young Saeng!” The voice mocked her.

 

Sang-Hee started to think logically. Why would Hyun Joong be in this person's captivity? She had only seen Young Saeng get captured. But then, she out. Sang-Hee didn't know, she started crying.

 

“Aww, dear. Take your time. There's only two lives on the line!” The voice laughed insanely.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Mi-Cha went up to Kyu Jong and the others. She finally found them through Fei's maze.

 

“I can't find Sang-Hee! She's missing!”

 

“What?” Hyun Joong asked. But then his eyes lost focus and Mi-Cha was going to wake him up when Kyu Jong stopped her.

 

“I think he's seeing where she is.”

 

Hyun Joong shuddered, “She's also in a dark room.”

 

“Also?!” Mi-Cha asked.

 

“Young Saeng's also captured.” Hyung Joon told Mi-Cha.

 

“This is bad, who could do such a thing? Are they still in Fei's house? Does Fei know this?” Mi-Cha asked.

 

Jung Min added, “Fei's sleeping, and he didn't wake up when we called him. It seemed his rest is really rest. He wasn't even breathing.”

 

“I don't care about him! I want to know where my best friend is!” Mi-Cha hollered. Then she remembered, “I told her to meet me at a garden! I bet she's gotten lost.”

 

“Let's look for a garden, then. Any signs of struggle and we'll track them from there.” Jung Min said.

 

“Let's stay together, because we also might get captured.” Hyun Joong suggested.

 

“Aww, doesn't Fei have a map we could use?” Hyung Joon asked.

 

“Maybe he does, I'll check.” Kyu Jong barged into Fei's room. He searched through the papers on Fei's table.

 

There was a cry of joy, and Kyu Jong yelled, “There's only two other gardens! Let's go!”

 

Kyu Jong picked everyone up in his arms again, and started to run.

 

“I'll never get used to this,” Hyung Joon said.

 

“Kyu, turn right.” Jung Min instructed. He was holding the map.

 

But then the map changed again. It seemed that the garden was on their left now.

 

“Wait, stop, Kyu.” Kyu Jong stopped. Jung Min tried to think. Why was the map changing? “The map is changing. Give me a second to think of why.”

 

The map changed back to it's original form, with the garden on their right, again.

 

“Oh, I got it, there's a pattern. Just run, and I'll tell you where to go.”

 

Kyu Jong nodded and sped up. Jung Min then tapped his shoulder, “Go right at full speed.”

 

Kyu Jong turned sharply and then the map in Jung Min's hand changed again. This was going to take a long time.

 

Finally, they arrived at the first garden. There was quicksand, and blood scattered all over the floor.


“I guess this is the one.” Hyung Joon said, “There's blood.”

 

“Hyun Joong, can you see the past?” Jung Min asked.

 

“I'll check.” And with that, Hyun Joong spaced out.

 

Hyun Joong found Young Saeng's door again. This time, he looked for the files. He opened them and closed them quickly. He was quickly tiring. Then, he saw a file with Young Saeng in the garden.

 

He instantly opened the file and found Young Saeng. He watched as a plant stabbed him. He reached out, but he couldn't do anything, because it already happened. The girl cut his arm and his cut. Hyun Joong watched as burn marks took over his friend's body. He watched as another figure came into sight. It was Sang-Hee. She seemed to be screaming, but nothing was coming out. Then, she collapsed. Hyun Joong saw as the innocent-looking girl turned into an old hag. He followed her figure as she carried both the bodies and carried them into a room.

 

The vision ended. Hyun Joong was horrified. He came back to reality and instantly rushed to the room he saw in his vision.

 

“Wait!” Jung Min ordered.

 

Hyun Joong stopped dead in his tracks.

 

“Whoever captured them might see us coming.”

 

Hyung Joon laughed, “Not if I can help it.”

 

Everyone looked at him weirdly.

 

“What? I can turn things invisible! It's like a shield. I just found out I can do that!”

 

“Hurry up, then. I think there's not much time.” Jung Min prodded him.

 

“But you guys are so big..”

 

“Mi-Cha, stay outside.” Kyu Jong ordered.

 

“No, I'm saving my best friend.”

 

Hyung Joon called up some of his magic, he didn't know what to do, so he just created a big mist. Then, he covered everybody with the mist. They could still see each other.

 

“Hey, we're not invisible.” Hyun Joong informed.

 

“We might be from the outside. It's the best we can do, Let's go.” Jung Min started walking.

 

They entered the room, and it was dark. They heard a girl crying. “It's Sang-Hee!” Mi-Cha said, a little bit too loudly.

 

“Shh,” Kyu Jong pressed his hand over .

 

There was squirming, and Kyu Jong ran into Young Saeng. Hyun Joong quickly helped him up and untied him. Hyung Joon pulled mist over his head, too.

 

They froze in their spot when they heard a chuckle.

 

“So, Sang-Hee, what's your decision?”

 

“I'm not making one! You old witch!”

 

“Are you sure that's the right answer? I could kill Young Saeng right this instant!”

 

Young Saeng was furious. He turned his ring into a sword. He started walking towards the voice.

 

“And why would you do that?” He asked, and suddenly, they heard a piercing sound.

 

There was a shriek of laughter, and the room suddenly glowed bright silver.

 

“Do you think a sword can kill me?” An old woman screeched. Her hair was floating, and sparks of magic crackled around her.

 

“Pierce her soul,” Jung Min suddenly said. He continued, “A MaoHei. A monster that stays at the age they were killed. They feast on magical blood and are minions of the dark one.”

 

“How do we pierce their soul?” Kyu Jong asked.

 

“You kill them with a magical sword stained with magical blood.”

 

“I'll do it,” Kyu Jong took the sword and cut himself. He didn't care that blood was pouring out at a rapid speed. Then, he lunged at the MaoHei.

 

“You think that your blood is strong enough to kill ME?” The MaoHei screamed in laughter.

 

Hyun Joong suggested, “How about all of our blood?” He appeared next to Kyu Jong and cut himself with the sword.

 

Hyung Joon proceed to do the same.


Jung Min, and Young Saeng followed suit.

 

Kyu Jong wielded the sword, and pierced her heart. The MaoHei coiled into a ball and flung randomly. Sparks of magic launched out everywhere. Sang-Hee screamed as a thunder of magic headed her way. Hyun Joong, although he had no magic, still ran and pulled her out of the way.

 

“The dark one will succeed!” The MaoHei yelled. Her voice wavered as her body disappeared into thin air.

 

The room returned to normal, light finally entered the room. With the lighting, Hyun Joong saw Young Saeng and Sang-Hee were badly hurt. Though Young Saeng was worse.

 

“We should ask Fei for help. We're no healers.” Jung Min suggested.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you liked this part! I liked writing it. It's kinda a little side story, and I think training will resume after. Anyways, please comment and tell me what you think!